Premium Format Batman Modern Age Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes. His email is [email protected].
John did a great job in putting a stronger magnet in the cape (the head has only a piece of metal), rebuilding the two broken ear tips (he put metal rods so they are stronger), and repainting. I am very happy with the results.
He is in New Jersey. You have to bring the cape and the head.

Just wanted to share this custom unmasked COH I recently received.

XzzEOHM.jpg
Np23BIa.jpg

bvMKwtJ.jpg

fSLiXbj.jpg

Fdtru25.jpg

Argh!! I came home tonight and the head had fallen off during the day... broken ears, chipped nose. I can't even find the chips. Gutted.

Does anyone have an alternate head for sale?

N4dukeR.jpg

Y7x3huu.jpg

An easy fix tho. Just buy two part epoxy (like milliput), model acrylic paints (like Vallejo) and some varnish. It would be cheaper too.

Argh!! I came home tonight and the head had fallen off during the day... broken ears, chipped nose. I can't even find the chips. Gutted.

Does anyone have an alternate head for sale?

N4dukeR.jpg

Y7x3huu.jpg

Easy fix for a pro. I'll PM you, there an excellent painter/repair pro in the SF Bay Area. You can mail the head to him and when he sends it back it'll look better than new.

Easy fix for a pro. I'll PM you, there an excellent painter/repair pro in the SF Bay Area. You can mail the head to him and when he sends it back it'll look better than new.

Don't feel bad, I really hope SSC takes care of you, there was a design flaw with this piece, the head magnets are all weak, SSC should have sent everyone new heads. Mine fell off as well on it's own, SSC replaced it and the new magnet was way stronger, unfortunately when it took its random unprovoked tumble it put a hole in the nylon leg costume and slightly chipped the polystone at the impact point, they did not replace that. If you have
this statue with the original head, be very careful it can literally fall off at any minute without any cause or force applied to it. I advise getting some blue tack or some putty to reinforce it and ask SSC for a new head.

Last edited:
Don't feel bad, I really hope SSC takes care of you, there was a design flaw with this piece, the head magnets are all weak, SSC should have sent everyone new heads. Mine fell off as well on it's own, SSC replaced it and the new magnet was way stronger, unfortunately when it took its random unprovoked tumble it put a hole in the nylon leg costume and slightly chipped the polystone at the impact point, they did not replace that. If you have
this statue with the original head, be very careful it can literally fall off at any minute without any cause or force applied to it. I advise getting some blue tack or some putty to reinforce it and ask SSC for a new head.

I use those mini magnets and put three on in three different areas. Much stronger now... But yes a design flaw for sure. Ridding the bottom of the access paint might help also. I have done this with several removable hands and it works. Red Sonja Ax hand is a good example.

This is good advise, I use earthquake putty on one of my custom heads for exactly this reason. Putty is easy to apply, holds solid and easily reversible.

Vince vell customs fixed mine and repainted the portrait, looks better then when new. I would give John a shout.

Yes I had 2 Moderns and heads got knocked with both of them. Neither head broke but tore cloth on both.
That would be easy to fix with Aves, I have had to do plenty of fixes and has gotten pretty much easy on most repairs. The color match that's another story, that's is not easy.

Last edited:
Thank God for my bestas. I would have destroyed my entire statue collection were it not for my cases.

Thank you all so much for this. I am so pleased to know that there is a solution.

Fingers crossed that SS can do a replacement... But if not, great to know there are experts who are accessible to help out!

Thank you all so much for this. I am so pleased to know that there is a solution.

Fingers crossed that SS can do a replacement... But if not, great to know there are experts who are accessible to help out!

I don't think sideshow will do it!..I had mine with the same issue..complete destroyed head..they said since its sold out they do not have any replacement heads. Thankfull, someone on this forum recommended I try Vince well customs and he fixed it better than new..!!

Al the best!

https://youtu.be/6pB5zybrBaU

Last edited:
Back