Premium Format Batman Modern Age Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got mine in and unboxed him really quickly and put him on top of my bookcase for some quick pics.

24528378722_f41c2c0c92_b.jpg

24636715765_fefa71bf1e_b.jpg

24008577934_744d3e2828_b.jpg

I originally had never planned on getting this piece. I regretted selling off my comic Batverse character PFs and decided I wanted to at least get a comic Batman back. I figured I would try this one out since I already had the original black/grey EX version (really loved that one), and if I didn't like the blue I would just flip it and buy a black/grey again. After seeing this in hand, I think it completely blows the black/grey out of the water. For starters I really love how the blue looks. It makes this piece stand out a lot more than the black did. Secondly I love how they darkened the costume itself with a much darker grey, as well as getting rid of the cross-stitch pattern that was on the old one. This makes the outfit look much more like a batsuit instead of pajamas. The new headsculpt is also my favorite of the 3 that have been made. The only small setback is I liked the old utility belt a bit more on the older one. But luckily I do like this belt much more than I thought I would, it still looks really nice. They also completely fixed the pit "issue" on this go-round. Although I always thought that issue was blown way out of proportion considering how much of a very minor gripe that was.

sorry to quote the pics but in this case i absolutely love your pictures as it shows off how the colors really pop on this statue. this is my favorite Batman statue on the market EASILY. I just don't care for the Noel, the Prime 1 Arkham or even the XM piece coming out, all a matter of preference obviously. this is the perfect batman for me but thats what makes this hobby fun, its all a matter of opinion. Im glad to see Im not the only one that holds this piece in such high regard though, its just executed so perfectly.

Got mine today, this statue really is a quality piece, colours look awesome! Heres some not so good pics off my phone [emoji12] uploadfromtaptalk1454098276657.jpguploadfromtaptalk1454098285890.jpguploadfromtaptalk1454098294607.jpguploadfromtaptalk1454098302023.jpguploadfromtaptalk1454098310920.jpguploadfromtaptalk1454098318132.jpguploadfromtaptalk1454098325893.jpguploadfromtaptalk1454098335452.jpguploadfromtaptalk1454098343824.jpguploadfromtaptalk1454098351925.jpg

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

I got my replacement head from Sideshow today and it's perfect. The magnet is actually a bit stronger too.

"Nice" touch with the framed comic book you have behind the statue, Niceguyuk. Maybe put that beside the "do not touch" sign to scare off hoodlums?

"Nice" touch with the framed comic book you have behind the statue, Niceguyuk. Maybe put that beside the "do not touch" sign to scare off hoodlums?
Hey, yeah the sign seems to be having the reverse effect. It seems my m8s are just like big kids they see it and all they want to do them is touch it lool 😅😅😅😅

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Sadly, to your mates and mates everywhere these signs just read: "please touch my expensive statue and watch me go ape".

I got my replacement head from Sideshow today and it's perfect. The magnet is actually a bit stronger too.

Congrats. The magnet on my Martin Canale head is really weak, I'm happy that the one on the new head is really strong it takes some force to pull it off. I don't see myself using the Martin Canale head on this one. The new head is perfect Neal Adams style.

As for this figure selling out in the future, has it happened before that a variant PF, even if mostly a repaint, ends up having a higher aftermarket value being lower in quantity compared to the first release? Not that it's a big deal for me, rather just curious as it happens in comicbooks.

I am a little too considering how many people with the first one also bought this plus people who missed the original EX buying this because it also comes with a batarang.

I think it will eventually though

I got this 1 cause I like the blue version and cause of the batarang which is I think a good deal for only $30 more. But I also had gotten the black&grey before this 1 cause it's just a magnificent piece in black. A smart collector will have both.

Sadly, to your mates and mates everywhere these signs just read: "please touch my expensive statue and watch me go ape".

Ha yeah I personally never touch mine without washing my hands first. Cause it's just like, "why not? it takes just a few seconds". Most of mine have been put together and placed inside the cabinet behind glass and haven't moved or been touched for literally like 5 years ha.

Hmmm, interesting. I recently had to destroy a complete statue in order to comply with RMA instructions for a refund. When I smashed both heads, I found a small circular metal plate at the base of each one. It was just a metal disc and not a magnet so I assumed that the magnet was in the cape.

Just received my modern Bats. I'd had the "black" one but forgot the beast he was. Amazing!

As for most of our fellows here, mine came out perfect. Heads hold alright. My only problem is that I intended to display him next to Supes but then the boyscout looks significantly smaller! And his colors appear much brighter. I'll have to set them appart.

Until then, some pics of the current setup:

I'm so happy. :yess:

I never got my replacement :(. Last email I recieved asked for my shipping address to get me a quote, I provided it but nothing since. I guess u got a good rep. I've been emailing my guy ever since for updates it's been 5 business days and no response. I am starting to get pissed off

I was dealing with Ashley. I would call them.

I called them today, but i was told the guy helping me "just left for lunch", so they noted my account and said they'd let him know I called. The new rep didn't offer to help or take over she simply apologized for the delay and assured me he would get back to me but he never did.

Back