Premium Format Batman Modern Age Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got mine in and unboxed him really quickly and put him on top of my bookcase for some quick pics.

24528378722_f41c2c0c92_b.jpg

24636715765_fefa71bf1e_b.jpg

24008577934_744d3e2828_b.jpg

I originally had never planned on getting this piece. I regretted selling off my comic Batverse character PFs and decided I wanted to at least get a comic Batman back. I figured I would try this one out since I already had the original black/grey EX version (really loved that one), and if I didn't like the blue I would just flip it and buy a black/grey again. After seeing this in hand, I think it completely blows the black/grey out of the water. For starters I really love how the blue looks. It makes this piece stand out a lot more than the black did. Secondly I love how they darkened the costume itself with a much darker grey, as well as getting rid of the cross-stitch pattern that was on the old one. This makes the outfit look much more like a batsuit instead of pajamas. The new headsculpt is also my favorite of the 3 that have been made. The only small setback is I liked the old utility belt a bit more on the older one. But luckily I do like this belt much more than I thought I would, it still looks really nice. They also completely fixed the pit "issue" on this go-round. Although I always thought that issue was blown way out of proportion considering how much of a very minor gripe that was.

Just got mine earlier today. Oh my, how it pops! :

While I've always admired this variant (particularly the new headsculpt) and in spite of growing up with Bats in this color scheme, I always thought that Black and Grey Batman was the Batman that I would get. That changed when I finally saw both PFs side-by-side for the first time. IMO, this wins as the better figure overall. The paint is just better even on the face and the gargoyle looks more like concrete, the suit is obviously better-fitting and the fabric seems of better quality. The new head doesn't just look better, it also appears to be well-proportioned to the body. The belt is still my #1 nitpick, but the good points overshadow that. The best part is that I got this for $330 via a trade, and I can't say no to that kind of deal. I have a feeling that I'll still be lured into getting the black and grey, but for now I'm happy to have this on my display.

Now, if I find time, I'll try to sculpt a TDKR/Miller-inspired head and make pouch-belts for the waist and thigh. Biggest challenge would be to come up with or sculpt a 1/4 sniper on his right hand -- then it would be close to this scene re-imagined by Gabriel Dell'Otto for his DKIII variant:

Just got mine in and unboxed him really quickly and put him on top of my bookcase for some quick pics.

I originally had never planned on getting this piece. I regretted selling off my comic Batverse character PFs and decided I wanted to at least get a comic Batman back. I figured I would try this one out since I already had the original black/grey EX version (really loved that one), and if I didn't like the blue I would just flip it and buy a black/grey again. After seeing this in hand, I think it completely blows the black/grey out of the water. For starters I really love how the blue looks. It makes this piece stand out a lot more than the black did. Secondly I love how they darkened the costume itself with a much darker grey, as well as getting rid of the cross-stitch pattern that was on the old one. This makes the outfit look much more like a batsuit instead of pajamas. The new headsculpt is also my favorite of the 3 that have been made. The only small setback is I liked the old utility belt a bit more on the older one. But luckily I do like this belt much more than I thought I would, it still looks really nice. They also completely fixed the pit "issue" on this go-round. Although I always thought that issue was blown way out of proportion considering how much of a very minor gripe that was.

Congrats guys on getting this... It really is awesome isn't it? I mean the Black and grey was nice but I would say it was not even in my top 5 fav statues... This bad boy is close to number 1....

I actually have considered cancelling Prime 1 Noel Batman because I am so happy with this one. I basically agree with everything everyone has been saying... I just like it so much more then the original PF. No offence to those that love the original PF. This is just a perfect rendition of what is my image of comic bats.

Looks awesome!!!. This profile on that alternate head. The forehead is gigantic! Looks much better head on for sure!

Congrats, Uncle Bingo. It seems that we all share the same sentiments towards this figure :)

Congrats guys on getting this... It really is awesome isn't it? I mean the Black and grey was nice but I would say it was not even in my top 5 fav statues... This bad boy is close to number 1....

I actually have considered cancelling Prime 1 Noel Batman because I am so happy with this one. I basically agree with everything everyone has been saying... I just like it so much more then the original PF. No offence to those that love the original PF. This is just a perfect rendition of what is my image of comic bats.

Yeah -- the first release is fantastic, minor issues and all, but this is something else. It's amazing how the new color scheme, the better-fitting and darker colored suit, and new head totally made a brand new and much better (IMO) statue while mostly being from the same mold as the old. I guess those who are having a hard time to decide which one to get should find a way to see both in hand, side-by-side.

Funny you said that about Noel -- I was just browsing out local statue group and I saw this photo of the SSC Batman and Noel together. It shows how oversized for 1/4 SSC's Batman is next to the 1/3 scale Noel Batman, and I'm not complaining because it makes Bat's presence on my shelf much stronger :)

12495198_10153403925518177_1130718669780576303_n.jpg

Thanks guys. :) And I agree with Jaws I could possibly see this as my favorite statue. Its possible this even outdoes the Keaton PF for me which is still my all-time favorite incarnation of the character. But the sculpted cape on comic Bats just gives so much presence to this piece. Grey and blue or grey and black, you just can't go wrong with comic Bats. With the way that PF prices are escalating so rapidly, this will probably go down as the last good "deal" as far as PFs go. You really get a lot for the price here.

Definitely, the price increase makes anything we order a year ago seem value price. Then next year we say the same thing ahaha

Agreed. Seeing that latest preorders on SSC PFs being +/- $100 higher lately compared to how much both Batman version cost, this figure became true value for money.

Anyway, I'm not sure if it was already mentioned before but there's one thing I noticed on the batarang hand. The prototype pictures show that Bats was holding it right in the middle, while on the final product (I guess this is true to all units seeing that this is the case on mine, Uncle Bingo's and SSC's final product gallery) Bts is holding it on about a third of the batarang. I think it looks better and more apt for the impending throw, but it got closer to the cape we just have to watch it each time we pull the hand or the batarang end might hit the cape and result to chipping. I pull my Bat's batarang hand sideways.

proto:
attachment.php

47134d1427412536t-sideshow-batman-modern-age-premium-format-figure-capture6_zpsc1s0uq1g.jpg

Final Product:

dc-comics-batman-modern-age-premium-format-3001312-02.jpg

Uncle Bingo's pic:

24636715765_fefa71bf1e_b.jpg

Yeah, you're right. They definitely moved it down closer so it looks like he's ready to throw it. If I remember correctly, the black and grey EX batarang hung really close to the cape too.

24531960442_321cf0a2f0_z.jpg

It really doesn't leave a lot of room for error when trying to take the hand off :panic:. I'm just happy the magnet is less strong than my black and grey one, so I can manage to change hands. The magnet was so strong in the old one I could have practically picked the whole thing up by just his hand.

Yeah, you're right. They definitely moved it down closer so it looks like he's ready to throw it. If I remember correctly, the black and grey EX batarang hung really close to the cape too.

It really doesn't leave a lot of room for error when trying to take the hand off :panic:. I'm just happy the magnet is less strong than my black and grey one, so I can manage to change hands. The magnet was so strong in the old one I could have practically picked the whole thing up by just his hand.

Mine is close but not that close..are you sure your cape is well put?

Well..mine is still low but i'd say I got about 1-2 centimeters before it
Touches the cape

Love how this turned out.

Attachments

• IMG_3395C.jpg
    IMG_3395C.jpg
    387.5 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_3394C.jpg
    IMG_3394C.jpg
    354.6 KB · Views: 152

wow, i can completely fit my finger under my batarang.

Back