Premium Format Batman Modern Age Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To all who have a weak magnet.. I used a little piece of tissue paper and placed it towards the front of the cape where the head gets placed. This forced the head to sit in such a way that the magnet catches much better.. I will take a photo later today. But Mine sits on there very well now.

That sucks that some of you ended up with broken ears.. I really hope SSC helps you out.

Just talked with SSC today about my broken batman head. The good news is that they said they would replace the head, I would just have to pay the shipping. The only problem right now is they have to check to see if they have a replacement available. I wont know for a few days. At this point, I am happy they are trying to help me out regardless of the outcome. Hopefully there is a replacement available for me and the other guy with the broken ears.

I've been really sad selling off my Batverse comic PFs, so today I decided I wanted to get a comic Batman PF again, and I decided to go with this one. I'm hoping the blue will make this one pop a bit more than the black and grey one did.

Just got mine earlier today. Oh my, how it pops! :
panDiT2.jpg

AzgBkkU.jpg

WASgDN3.jpg

Anybody have an issue fitting the cape on the torso?

Mine doesn't seem to want to sit flush? I have the black and grey Batman PF and the cape seems to sit a lot better.

Mine did'nt either,

I sawed in half the metal rod holding the cape and problem was fixed!
I believe the rod and the hole do not align perfectly.
I had the same problem with my Kerrigan..
Hope it helps

While I've always admired this variant (particularly the new headsculpt) and in spite of growing up with Bats in this color scheme, I always thought that Black and Grey Batman was the Batman that I would get. That changed when I finally saw both PFs side-by-side for the first time. IMO, this wins as the better figure overall. The paint is just better even on the face and the gargoyle looks more like concrete, the suit is obviously better-fitting and the fabric seems of better quality. The new head doesn't just look better, it also appears to be well-proportioned to the body. The belt is still my #1 nitpick, but the good points overshadow that. The best part is that I got this for $330 via a trade, and I can't say no to that kind of deal. I have a feeling that I'll still be lured into getting the black and grey, but for now I'm happy to have this on my display.

Some quick photos:
P1240883_zpshc583eg5.jpg

P1250878_zpstl9ye0dy.jpg

P1250882_zpsjv8q4w1a.jpg

P1250886_zpssncmh3kf.jpg

Now, if I find time, I'll try to sculpt a TDKR/Miller-inspired head and make pouch-belts for the waist and thigh. Biggest challenge would be to come up with or sculpt a 1/4 sniper on his right hand -- then it would be close to this scene re-imagined by Gabriel Dell'Otto for his DKIII variant:

s248192446658816_p25_i4_w1090.jpeg

While I've always admired this variant (particularly the new headsculpt) and in spite of growing up with Bats in this color scheme, I always thought that Black and Grey Batman was the Batman that I would get. That changed when I finally saw both PFs side-by-side for the first time. IMO, this wins as the better figure overall. The paint is just better even on the face and the gargoyle looks more like concrete, the suit is obviously better-fitting and the fabric seems of better quality. The new head doesn't just look better, it also appears to be well-proportioned to the body. The belt is still my #1 nitpick, but the good points overshadow that. The best part is that I got this for $330 via a trade, and I can't say no to that kind of deal. I have a feeling that I'll still be lured into getting the black and grey, but for now I'm happy to have this on my display.

Some quick photos:
P1240883_zpshc583eg5.jpg

P1250878_zpstl9ye0dy.jpg

P1250882_zpsjv8q4w1a.jpg

P1250886_zpssncmh3kf.jpg

Now, if I find time, I'll try to sculpt a TDKR/Miller-inspired head and make pouch-belts for the waist and thigh. Biggest challenge would be to come up with or sculpt a 1/4 sniper on his right hand -- then it would be close to this scene re-imagined by Gabriel Dell'Otto for his DKIII variant:

s248192446658816_p25_i4_w1090.jpeg

Great pics. Really thinking about picking this one up.

Back