Premium Format Batman Modern Age Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess if I buy this, I'd better plan to glue this sculpt on. I have no intention of ever using the other sculpt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So many things can go wrong because of that magnet. Like someone not being aware the head even comes off and touching your statue.

I really can't stand the other head sculpt. This has been making me crazy all day seeing my beautiful statue all ****ed up..

So many things can go wrong because of that magnet. Like someone not being aware the head even comes off and touching your statue.

I really can't stand the other head sculpt. This has been making me crazy all day seeing my beautiful statue all ****ed up..

Maybe find someone that has the statue but doesn't use the profile that you broke?

I feel your pain man, I hate that other sculpt too. Mine is currently headless.

Which head broke?

I gotta paint that black. He's too violent looking for the blue PF [emoji38]

That Bat means serious business

Would have to be black.

Well give me a little more time and he is coming along... just need to get Batgirl out...and maybe the Hulk ... lol.

The head magnet is so weak it's useless. The head fell off last night and broke the ears off, I could hardly sleep I was so pissed.. :mad:

Is there any way to get replacements?

I went to turn my modern bats slightly to the left, one of the pads stuck the head fell off and both ears snapped :horror. I am pretty gutted right now...

Try to get ahold of SSC... and if they won't help you out I know a guys who may be able to help you.

The magnet has pretty much no hold at all and the head itself is already tilted up on a high angle, it takes nothing to knock the head off. The pieces shot all over the room, I still haven't found three very tiny bits.

Sideshow not being in the office until probably Tuesday is making me nuts too. I want to at least see if they can help me out but I expect nothing. Maybe I can pay someone to re-sculpt and paint it.. :gah:

I feel your pain man, I hate that other sculpt too. Mine is currently headless.

Would the both of you mind posting pictures of the damage?

Well give me a little more time and he is coming along... just need to get Batgirl out...and maybe the Hulk ... lol.

Try to get ahold of SSC... and if they won't help you out I know a guys who may be able to help you.

Hulk! :lol

12548880_10153429163828576_9140497104203798987_n.jpg

Holy crap, that's bad. What I usually do if I need to move it, I just disassemble it first. I noticed the magnet is not as strong as it should be. Who knows, might not be any magnet in there at all.

I can feel a very slight pull from the magnet so I know there is something in there. It's not like Sinestro though, I can feel good resistance when I try to lift the head off.

Sorry to have that happened. I had really close incident when moving and rearranging my Kotobukiya DRS Wolverine yesterday. I had the statue held close to my stomach area and the right hand came off due to me having it pushed against my body and landed between the base and my stomach. I was so fortunate the clawed hand did not fall on to the hardwood floor. I was sweating after that near miss.

As long as you have the pieces it can be put back together and any gaps can be filled with epoxy sculpt and sanded down. I've done it with a broken black batman portrait that was in much worse shape.

The problem, like I said in my previous post is the whole head would probably need to be repainted since I'd need to sand the epoxy sculpt it will ruin any paint around it but I could repaint it as close as possible to the original paint job.

But contact Sideshow. Thats the best route if they can replace it. But if you need to you can always PM me or any of the other guys who do repair work. I'm sure either way you can get him back to looking great.

You should know that the magnet is in the cape so even if you get a replacement, it will still be weak. I'd suggest a little double-sided tape around the rim of the hole in the top of the cape if you think it might be knocked/nudged/moved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back