Premium Format Batman Modern Age Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is the photo that finally put me back over the edge.

8C8E58A7-1B86-4FB9-B444-3E57E4EBB332_zpsfzibnhin.jpg

I had this Pre ordered before but backed out when the SDCC pictures came out. SSC was nice and let me move my NRD to another item I already had on order. But here we are and he looks great. Question is... Do I keep both or sell the black one off??? I have Prime 1 Noel coming so I am thinking of displaying him in the middle and have Grey Batman and Joker on one side and Blue Batman and Superman on the other.

I would say sell the black one off, seeing how I have the modern one too and I love that statue. The black just doesn't seem to fit my mental vision on how Batman should look, and the modern age Batman looks great and has so many advantages than the black bats.

this did turn out really great. it looks like they fixed the armpit issue after all. i ended up canceling this a while back because the base just looked too small for my liking. if it was just a little bit wider around i think it would be perfect. as it is right now it doesn't look very stable with all of the weight on the back and to one side of the base.

this did turn out really great. it looks like they fixed the armpit issue after all. i ended up canceling this a while back because the base just looked too small for my liking. if it was just a little bit wider around i think it would be perfect. as it is right now it doesn't look very stable with all of the weight on the back and to one side of the base.

Look at my review I did on it.The base is super stable. Zero concerns for me. For me this is a 10/10 pf figure.

Last edited:

I got both and they are stable and secure.

Unlike Superman PF, the weight of Batman PF is well balanced and centered. No need for a wider base.

This is the photo that finally put me back over the edge.

8C8E58A7-1B86-4FB9-B444-3E57E4EBB332_zpsfzibnhin.jpg

I had this Pre ordered before but backed out when the SDCC pictures came out. SSC was nice and let me move my NRD to another item I already had on order. But here we are and he looks great. Question is... Do I keep both or sell the black one off??? I have Prime 1 Noel coming so I am thinking of displaying him in the middle and have Grey Batman and Joker on one side and Blue Batman and Superman on the other.

I have seen the this nperson finally and it looks great. The only complaint I would have would be the belt. It would look awesome if it had been painted with a gold tinge to it. As it is it looks very much like the belt off of an action figure.

Should be a simple repaint then... maybe some weathered look. Shouldn't cost much too to get it done.

I have seen the this nperson finally and it looks great. The only complaint I would have would be the belt. It would look awesome if it had been painted with a gold tinge to it. As it is it looks very much like the belt off of an action figure.

I'm in somewhat similar dilemma as you. I bought the gray and black Batman from second hand and then saw modern age so decided to order that one because I really like the color. So now I'm thinking of selling the black and gray, but will decide once I get it this week.

Found this photo on the other board.... There is just something about the paint scheme and head sculpt / positioning that really puts this piece over the top. I really like the grey Bats and I am happy to have it in my collection... But I never have been 100% in love with it.. The body sculpt and cape always seemed a bit off with the head positioning of both original head sculpts... This one just seems to bring it all together better. Perhaps it is the more comic accurate look fits the pose better... I don't know... Glad I am getting this either way... Pretty sure I will be keeping my grey bats also.

DSC01026.jpg

I have to agree. This just looks superb, absolutely comic accurate perfect rendition of the bronze age. This is my tribute to jim aparo, Batman, the brave and the bold and everything about the 70's and 80's DC comic books.

Found this photo on the other board.... There is just something about the paint scheme and head sculpt / positioning that really puts this piece over the top. I really like the grey Bats and I am happy to have it in my collection... But I never have been 100% in love with it.. The body sculpt and cape always seemed a bit off with the head positioning of both original head sculpts... This one just seems to bring it all together better. Perhaps it is the more comic accurate look fits the pose better... I don't know... Glad I am getting this either way... Pretty sure I will be keeping my grey bats also.

View attachment 227771

Damn, now that's a great camera. The image is crystal clear to reveal any flaws which it has not.

Back