Premium Format Batman Modern Age Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Batman Modern Age PF

I never thought I'd buy 2 of the same statue. But damn, it's like they took all the criticisms of the current Bats Pf and changed them for this. Th eyes are nice a white and large, not beady white dots. The chest emblem is raised, hopefully that stays. The gray of the suit looks darker and tighter fitting. The face looks great, The neck looks to be the right proportion. I seriously struggling with whether I'll buy or not. It'll fit in great with the Dc trinity.

I admit this one looks much better in the pics than the first one. The head is sculpted so much more like the modern batman. But then this will make the first ex useless if it comes with the batarang. They should have change his weapon to something else. Hope the ES is small on this. If not I might buy this one and get rid of the first one. I wasn't a huge fan of the first batman sculpted art style. (The head) would be better if we had a new sculpt instead of so many repaints.

Last edited:

So damn tempting I have to say! :gah: As others have already said, I think its the new portrait that's luring me in! That chiselled chin of Bruce Wayne...Damn! I think I'm gonna go for it and hope the rumours of a new White Variant Superman PF are also true! :rock

If theyre going with "Modern Age" then WW variant will have pants most likely. :dunno Supes suit didnt change for that era.

Edit; honestly the more I look around the internet this is all just a big crap shoot/guess, who knows what SS will come up with.

Last edited:

Wow, love this. So glad I had the patience to wait for the one I wanted (didn't hurt that I had 89' Bats to look forward to/get while waiting). That new headsculpt...killah. Kind of wish I hadn't cancelled my print order on the B & W print yesterday now...

So damn tempting I have to say! :gah: As others have already said, I think its the new portrait that's luring me in! That chiselled chin of Bruce Wayne...Damn! I think I'm gonna go for it and hope the rumours of a new White Variant Superman PF are also true! :rock
What, no black and silver Superman with mullet COH?

Someone already photoshopped this look ages ago. Sideshow rip off

I really like this and will gladly order. But, I will bet it will cost more than the first one, even though you get less.

Bronze Age design marketed as Modern...

Sideshow been trippin' again.

This would be an instant buy for me if they made it a fully sculpted piece, like they did with catwoman.

This piece looks awesome. Love how the symbol appears to be raised and that head sculpt is the best by far. I'm in!

This would be an instant buy for me if they made it a fully sculpted piece, like they did with catwoman.

Yup, that's what I said, too. If only they did....

Still undecided about this. It looks absolutely great! but I've always preferred the darker blue/black & grey over the light blue. I wonder what the ES is.

Be prepared for that chest piece logo to be in the fabric and not on the fabric come production time. Otherwise it looks amazing.

There's absolutely no excuse to not keep the chest logo raised during production. If they can accomplish it with Superman, then they can accomplish it with this. This modern age Bats looks every bit of picture perfect....as did the original black & gray prototype. If they can get the pits to look this way, the face to look this way, and the chest logo to look this way, then I'll more than likely pick this up.

The logo needs to be fixed right where it is too. Any lower placement than where it is now on the prototype and it'd be too low.

Damn. I'm more of a classic Bats fan, and so I prefer this to the black and gray version I already have. I hate with a passion selling statues (a pain packaging and shipping, and lots of opportunities for damage in transit), but I guess it's gonna have to be done so that I can upgrade here. Possibly the only 1/4 scale '70s-'80s style Batman we're going to get.

(why did they ever call this costume Modern? It existed before I was born)

The sculpt looks great, but how is he a modern Batman? Isn't the black and grey the modern version? :lol This reminds me of the Neal Adams version. The blue Bats is from the silver and bronze age, far from modern, imo. :dunno
That was also what first popped into my mind. Seems like he's mostly been black and gray since the mid-90s. But maybe they're calling him this so they can leave the door open for a more "classic," **** Sprang, or '50s style Batman, or even first appearance? He's modern compared to that I guess.

What, no black and silver Superman with mullet COH?
Good lord that would be awesome and hilarious. Also, blue and red energy Supermen, please. Cyborg Superman? Lion- or bug-headed Superman? Opportunities are nearly endless!

There's absolutely no excuse to not keep the chest logo raised during production.
I'm sure cost could be an excuse. Hell, there could be dozens of potential excuses!

Back