Batman Life Size Bust Sideshow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
they have been making Terminator Endo busts for years and years and have prolly made thousands of them. It's nothing new for them, they are just doing it more often now and they will soon have everything open ES, just watch :lol. It started with the LSF line, now a lot of busts are open ES, then they're going to turn to other formats.

Reps aren't always correct I've called multiple times and have been given wrong or info which changed a week later. I think they just said open since it doesn't have a edition size on the site yet just like the joker pf at the start. I think once they get enough orders they will set the edition size as seen with the joker pf. IMO I think It would be a foolish move to launch the first DC 1:1 bust without an edition size

Yeah, soon or later I believe they will put a ES, because they don't have enough orders, like you pointed out.

STILL don't care much for the ES. It's still the goddamn Batman. :lecture:pfft:

Totally agree with you. It doesn't stop me bc of the ES is too high. :hi5:

ok, I see. Why would SSC do such a thing? So I can wait like 5 years and come back to SSC and ask them to make the Batman LSB just for me? I don't think they would like, "Oh, ok sure. No problem, we can make one just for you." That would wasting money and time, don't you think?

I doubt that's how it going to work. Think they will make X amount and once it sells out, it goes on back order until another batch are ready to go.

ok, I see. Why would SSC do such a thing? So I can wait like 5 years and come back to SSC and ask them to make the Batman LSB just for me? I don't think they would like, "Oh, ok sure. No problem, we can make one just for you." That would wasting money and time, don't you think?

It's not going to happen people are just over analyzing and assuming the worst. Just bc a rep stated it would be an open edition we must take their word for it?? If reps were right all the time my wait list for Optimus prime maquette would have converted 5 months ago and rogue pf flaws only occurred to a handful of collectors.

I doubt this is an Open Edition. Yeah, its open right now but I imagine it will close soon. Its says "TBA", to then announce its Open is stupid.

I doubt this is an Open Edition. Yeah, its open right now but I imagine it will close soon. Its says "TBA", to then announce its Open is stupid.

Agreed, it would be weird if it was open edition, but they did do it for Warmachine 1:1.

Im pretty sure they will give an ES, but based on the flex schedule im guessing this will be an open order for some time.

This is a business, and they will exhaust their sales to make the most out of this license. I can't say that I blame them; considering the sagging sales of all comic collectibles.:(

I don't think they can really "milk" this Bust. The Price tag along probably excludes most collectors. Its a whole different market. The Superman and Batman PF's will be big sales for SS.

When the Batman film comes out they will sell a fair amount of these GUARANTEED!...AND SIDESHOW KNOWS IT!

Last edited:
I don't think they can really "milk" this Bust. The Price tag along probably excludes most collectors. Its a whole different market. The Superman and Batman PF's will be big sales for SS.

My guess is Wonder Woman will go great as well as a lot will want the Trinity to display.

This is a business, and they will exhaust their sales to make the most out of this license. I can't say that I blame them; considering the sagging sales of all comic collectibles.:(

yeah i have collected for years and it seemed like an underground hobby. Now its gone so mainstream it seems like the company are going overboard and that will kill the hobby. Kinda like comics in the 90's.

Depending on how long they leave items as open editions at least maybe you can see the QC and then decide to buy or pass

Depending on how long they leave items as open editions at least maybe you can see the QC and then decide to buy or pass

Very true, no hurry to buy open edition items since they don't sell out and you can get big deals down the road.

From people that need/want to sell theirs to be able to afford something else. They have to ask a lower price than what they bought it for or people would just buy a new one from sideshow or an LCS.

Very true, no hurry to buy open edition items since they don't sell out and you can get big deals down the road.

what deals? the usual 10% retailer discount? LOL

Pretty much, most dealers don't discount these radically and when the well dries up then you're forced to go through SSC directly anyway. We've seen sketches of a few heroes, Green Lantern was one, which will be the only one I'll probably get but I don't think it's a matter of milking as more that if they do a Joker bust then people might be more inclined to say "Oh, I guess I can get Batman to go with him," or vice versa and SSC would rather have the money going to them instead of secondary sellers on eBay.

How is an open edition a collectible? I sure hope SS reconsiders. All we need to see is the paint apps to improve or degrade between rounds of open-run releases. I really dislike the idea of open run editions.

Back