Batman Life Size Bust Sideshow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah, bring on the haters....

First off, the old "For the money we pay...." defense?
Meh.
My money's just as green and I was willing to pay so that argument is invalid.

And as for "It's so much more realistic with acrylic eyes"...?
Again, meh.
Not a single person who'd come over to my house and see what's in my collection would ever say something as specific as "Ye gods, look at the eyes on that thing!!"

Let 'em whine....

Have you ever seen a lifesize bust with acrylic eyes? My guess is no, otherwise you would be disappointed along with the rest of us. Having said that, I will still get the Joker bust if he's not cross-eyed.

Have you ever seen a lifesize bust with acrylic eyes? My guess is no, otherwise you would be disappointed along with the rest of us. Having said that, I will still get the Joker bust if he's not cross-eyed.

I have, and sometimes you're right, they look fantastic...and other times they look like someone stuck doll eyes in a statue. Just depends on how they're done and the quality of detail in the acrylic eyes.

Have you ever seen a lifesize bust with acrylic eyes? My guess is no, otherwise you would be disappointed along with the rest of us.

Okay, let's address that.
Ultimately, it comes down to the medium. If we're talking about skimping on acrylic eyes with a bust made of custom-pigmented silicon and hand-punched hair, I'd say go nuts.
But we're talking about polystone here. No matter how expertly painted, these busts always have an 'artificial' quality to them you can't escape.

Acrylic eyes on a polystone bust is like putting rims on a Yugo. I mean, sure, they're pretty and all, BUT....

Acrylic eyes on a polystone bust is like putting rims on a Yugo. I mean, sure, they're pretty and all, BUT....

Sub-Zero might disagree...

If Pop Culture Shock can include them, what's Sideshow's excuse for Batman, Joker, etc?

Especially Joker.. I mean they're on the damn prototype!

z2.jpg

No matter how expertly painted, these busts always have an 'artificial' quality to them you can't escape.

I do understand your point, considering the skin, fabric, and hair.. but those eyes still look awesome, so why not include them?

My only worry about this Joker Bust is the eyes. I've never owned a 1/1 Bust so I don't know what to expect now :(

Love these 2 pictures on a positive note

4aqypema.jpg

zu3u5ugy.jpg

Last edited:
I think many of us hope for the best but are cautious given past history. It's sad that this dampens the excitement surrounding a release such as this, but that's on Sideshow.

I am semi-optimistic considering Sideshow is taking good care of most of their DC releases this far.

Sub-Zero might disagree...

If Pop Culture Shock can include them, what's Sideshow's excuse for Batman, Joker, etc?

Especially Joker.. I mean they're on the damn prototype!

Talked to Andy B. and he said they were wooden placeholders that were painted, which he said are really nice alternative to painted polystone but they were not acrylic. Figure he should know considering he sculpted the proto and all.

Im not sure why Busts with Acrylic eyes kinda seem "bug eyed". Kinda works for Joker, but subzero looks surprised.

Okay, let's address that.
Ultimately, it comes down to the medium. If we're talking about skimping on acrylic eyes with a bust made of custom-pigmented silicon and hand-punched hair, I'd say go nuts.
But we're talking about polystone here. No matter how expertly painted, these busts always have an 'artificial' quality to them you can't escape.

LOL, that was a good one! :lol

In the end, I just don't want him to be cross eyed. It is a fantastic bust no doubt. Keeping my fingers crossed for all of us.

the thing is, the same (or even worse) has been said in other threads, yet those continue to be open.

the thing is, the same (or even worse) has been said in other threads, yet those continue to be open.

A select group of guys kept going on and on about how dishonest SSC is and they were told to give it up, they didn't, thread locked till the statue releases, and there is no point to opening it again till pics roll out. Otherwise the same old sniping will just start up again.

Talked to Andy B. and he said they were wooden placeholders that were painted, which he said are really nice alternative to painted polystone but they were not acrylic. Figure he should know considering he sculpted the proto and all.

Well that works too, as long as they're separate from the bust.

Like the Catwoman LSF.. I have no idea if they're wood or acrylic, but they look incredible!

Plain painted eyes can not compare.

Back