Premium Format Batman Keaton Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks spot on to me

003.jpeg

Batman-1989-batman-2686943-1024-576.jpg

Batman%2Bkeaton.jpg

Yeah I love my comic Batman Pf but the symmetry is off for me. Can you say that they easily couldn't have done better? At least have the statue aligned better with the base. I don't understand why Batman can't just be looking straight forward. It's forgivable on the comic Pf as that's their first bat statue out the gate but this..... You need to really be precise on this piece. It was no easy task for Keaton to turn his head like that. How the **** did that curve get there? :lol Who is letting this happen? Haha

Still as I said, bought. I love Batman, no ho moe. :rock

I would like someone to show a picture of his head being turned remotely that far. I’m pretty sure he wasn’t capable of turning his head that far in that suit.

ok, ok the work in progress sculpt from sideshow statue forum is alot better to me. the puckered keaton mouth is there.,.. if teh factory paint doesn't kill it might be great. curve isn't on the in progress sculpt

BATMANSS_zpsea2118de.jpg

BATMANSS3_zps8d9d9567.jpg

BATMANSS2_zps1cd3c6d9.jpg

statueforum

Thanks for posting this.

If this pic doesn't sell you on it then you're not actually a Batman fan.
y8u3yhah.jpg

I'm really disappointed that it doesn't look as much like Keaton as I'd like, though that pic is cool brucecamblzchin. I don't think I can justify the cash. Any chance the final product might differ? Also I just don't think I'm a fan of the pose.

Ha ... yeah I guess so. I don't mean to be harsh but there are very few comic illustrators from the last 25 years that I really like. The exceptions are Mignola and Adam Hughes ... they have amazing stuff. I prefer the movie designs for Batman.

Sooo you don't like comic illustration then? Because everything you dislike about it is basically straight from the last 25 years worth of comics.

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk

Ha ... yeah I guess so. I don't mean to be harsh but there are very few comic illustrators from the last 25 years that I really like. The exceptions are Mignola and Adam Hughes ... they have amazing stuff. I prefer the movie designs for Batman.

That I can understand, comics aren't for everyone. To me the comic PF is perfectly representative of what it's based on. Especially since I'm a huge fan of Bernie Wrightson, David Finch, Brian Bolland, Adam and Andy Kubert and Phillip Tan the piece really speaks to me. In any case, may your Keaton PF come flawless.

I'm really disappointed that it doesn't look as much like Keaton as I'd like, though that pic is cool brucecamblzchin. I don't think I can justify the cash. Any chance the final product might differ? Also I just don't think I'm a fan of the pose.

Did you watch the video? He looks much better there.

Right on !
Yeah I love my comic Batman Pf but the symmetry is off for me. Can you say that they easily couldn't have done better? At least have the statue aligned better with the base. I don't understand why Batman can't just be looking straight forward. It's forgivable on the comic Pf as that's their first bat statue out the gate but this..... You need to really be precise on this piece. It was no easy task for Keaton to turn his head like that. How the **** did that curve get there? :lol Who is letting this happen? Haha

Still as I said, bought. I love Batman, no ho moe. :rock

Right On AGAIN !! :)
Bruce you don’t think this statue has any flaws? I understand overreacting on things, but a lot of people have been stating legitimate flaws. For the amount of money we put into this I think we have the right to be vocal when flaws are noticed. This is a forum to converse on such matters, not just praise everything sideshow puts out.

I would like someone to show a picture of his head being turned remotely that far. I’m pretty sure he wasn’t capable of turning his head that far in that suit.

He wasn't. It was physically impossible to do that in the 89 suit. I did however remember where I saw him doing that. It's on the cover of one of the comic book adaptations to the film. Batman has his head turned almost that exact amount in the illustration. Maybe this isn't a PF based on Keaton's movie portrayal.

Maybe this is a PF of the comic book version of Keaton's movie portrayal of the 1989 Batman. :D

He wasn't. It was physically impossible to do that in the 89 suit. I did however remember where I saw him doing that. It's on the cover of one of the comic book adaptations to the film. Batman has his head turned almost that exact amount in the illustration. Maybe this isn't a PF based on Keaton's movie portrayal.

Maybe this is a PF of the comic book version of Keaton's movie portrayal of the 1989 Batman. :D

You mean this?
6uzu5a8a.jpg

I don't get why there is so much drama on this guy, I'm not obsessed with it looking like Keaton. As far as I'm concerned it completely captures the 89 movie that I fell in love with, especially if I can get that grappling gun.

I can't wait to see the suckers that miss out on the ex when the kick *** in hand pictures start showing up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I noticed that... might be some photoshopping done on the pics we've seen thus far. Still, the pose isn't doing it for me. I mean, I'm not gonna lose sleep over it or anything, but I just feel like we should all be WOWED by the piece, and I'm not getting that wow-factor with this. And this is coming from someone who still thinks Keaton is the best Batman... and I still love the two Burton films.

Did you watch the video? He looks much better there.

I think this is a an absolute WOW piece!!! Looks really amazing!!! That base is gorgeous!!! I really really hope i can get this :)

Sirs,

You can say what you wish, that is what a forum is for!

I don't see what's wrong with this piece personally.

A head turn? So the artist got a little creative maybe, I dunno I don't see it as a big thing.

Okay so lets go over the piece shall we. This is probably the best lit photo of the bunch.
4apa4upu.jpg

The curve on the forehead/brow, in this pic it's not visible which makes me think it's lighting that gives the effect.

The head turn, if you want a 100% film accurate statue then this isn't for you. If you want a cool looking 89 Batman, then PO away.

The face, to me, when good lighting is applied it's obviously Keaton, and the cowl is made to look like it's a little loose whuch it was in the film if I remeber correctly.

The body looks perfect to me.

And the base is a great touch.

Back