Statue Batman: Black & White (2014)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's a pic on ComicVine that shows the nametag with "Second Edition".

https://www.comicvine.com/images/1300-3648145

The first edition isn't even sold out yet...

Yeah, it is quite strange. We could have done with another villain instead of a re-release. And if they wanted to, revisiting the Bermejo Joker or some other older statue would have made much sense.

Some more pics from toynewsi:

2014_Toy_Fair_DC_CollectiblesIMG_082733__scaled_600_zpsd4757606.jpg

2014_Toy_Fair_DC_CollectiblesIMG_082834__scaled_600_zpsb2035c97.jpg

2014_Toy_Fair_DC_CollectiblesIMG_082531__scaled_600_zps547de733.jpg

2014_Toy_Fair_DC_CollectiblesIMG_082632__scaled_600_zps0d7ddc4a.jpg

2014_Toy_Fair_DC_CollectiblesIMG_083137__scaled_600_zps31d75072.jpg

2014_Toy_Fair_DC_CollectiblesIMG_083642__scaled_600_zps0ba7ee14.jpg

2014_Toy_Fair_DC_CollectiblesIMG_083440__scaled_600_zps7739b19b.jpg

2014_Toy_Fair_DC_CollectiblesIMG_083541__scaled_600_zps8405ad57.jpg

Ok, not liking Michael Turner's much. What's with that lipstick! Plus, I was wondering when I saw the initial pic, about that white line on the right of his cape. If you see the last two pics ^ they have tried to re-glue it, glue drops can be seen on his boots / cape too! :horror Accidents happen, looks like someone must have dropped him or something, but now I am worried a lot about that cape.

This only confirms that DC anticipates her to sell out quick. Question is how quick now that a variant is soon to follow. I suppose they want a second crack at her before they hand the market off to eBay. They swing a mean sucker punch but unfortunately I like the subtle contrast of the greys on the variant and will pick up both

This whole variant issue and re-release of statues of Harley that sell well do not sit well with me at all. I love harley but at 5200 x 2 that's a bit much.

Wow, that's right. Even the base is the color style of the "second edition" bases with the white on the outer side. If this is really true that makes me upset and disappointed in DC. I get it, when she sells out, and she will, but this is too soon to do a second edition of her. It's like taking the ES of 5200, slapping a new paint app, and doubling the ES.

This whole variant issue and re-release of statues of Harley that sell well do not sit well with me at all. I love harley but at 5200 x 2 that's a bit much.

They have 5200 es of Batman statues from this line that are worse.

This only confirms that DC anticipates her to sell out quick. Question is how quick now that a variant is soon to follow. I suppose they want a second crack at her before they hand the market off to eBay. They swing a mean sucker punch but unfortunately I like the subtle contrast of the greys on the variant and will pick up both

Yeah, I checked around for fun and could only find her still up for order at one place. It does seem weird to have a variant 3 months before the original even ships but I guess she is going to be pretty popular.

Yeah, I checked around for fun and could only find her still up for order at one place. It does seem weird to have a variant 3 months before the original even ships but I guess she is going to be pretty popular.

What place? I never saw a black and white sell out on preorder. Do you think I missed my shot at getting one?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

What the hell are they doing a second Harley for? The first one isn't even out or sold out for pre order yet!! :dunno

EE is now sold out of the first Harley as well.... I think that might have been the last place... off to ebay now.

So what are the real difference's between the 1st & 2nd edition Harley??

I have the 1st edition on pre-order at Forbidden Planet (which is still available to order) they have put the 2nd edition up to order as well & aside from the base I can't really see anything different but I'm wondering if it's worth ordering as well

Neil

I didn't check Forbidden Planet... good to know they still have her. And besides the base it looks like the 2nd one is grey/white as opposed to black/white. I was also debating if I should get the 2nd as well. I know there are 5200 of the 1st but would they pull a trick and make LESS of the 2nd edition?

HarleyQuinnComparison.jpg

The size of an es is a mystery. It will most likely have no numbered es (blank base underneath) and if I had to guess I would assume they would make less than the initial 5200. The differences are minimal - same sculpt with a white base and apparently a variation in colour; where you see black on the original costume grey will substitute. I swear I also read that on bbts website but now that I checked it looks like they took it out, based on what we've seen though it looks to be about right. Its subtle but up to you if your into variants or not

The black on version 1 just makes it "pop" more for me. I ordered kind of late so I have a feeling I could miss out on it due to allocation.

My Nicola Scott B&W statue came in a couple of days ago. There seems to be an excess amount of glue where the foot meets the base. I'm not sure what's worse, too much or too little? The other foot seemed not to touch the shelf at first, but has settled in just fine. Everything else seems pretty good (1-2 minor paint issues), so i'm not sure it's worth the gamble of replacing it. It came straight from Diamond, so it's not someone's shoddy repair job. It just seems mildly sloppy. I guess it could actually add to the structural soundness of the statue...maybe?

Thoughts?

My Nicola Scott B&W statue came in a couple of days ago. There seems to be an excess amount of glue where the foot meets the base. I'm not sure what's worse, too much or too little? The other foot seemed not to touch the shelf at first, but has settled in just fine. Everything else seems pretty good (1-2 minor paint issues), so i'm not sure it's worth the gamble of replacing it. It came straight from Diamond, so it's not someone's shoddy repair job. It just seems mildly sloppy. I guess it could actually add to the structural soundness of the statue...maybe?

Thoughts?

So long as it looks good to you, I'd keep it. My Arkham Origins statue basically had very little glue where the foot connects to the base. Because of this, he arrived with the foot and the base detached. It wasn't broken. You could clearly see the socket on the base was free of debris and was open and clean. His foot still had the extension on it and it wasn't broken. That clearly means they didn't use enough glue to bond the base with his foot. So, I had the opposite problem you have. I just went ahead and glued it myself and DCBS gave me an additional 10% off. It's perfect now.

The problem with returning your piece is you may get one that's worse. DC Collectibles isn't exactly known for their top notch QC. If you can live with it and it doesn't really bother you that much, I'd keep it. If it's something that you'll notice every day and will bug you then try for a replacement. Personally, a little excess glue wouldn't really cause me to ask for a return. However, only you can decide what is acceptable to you...or what is not.

Back