Batman : Arkham Origins (2013) Asylum Prequel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honestly I never expected this to be anything revolutionary, and I also figured it would be raked over the coals for being 'more of the same' a fair bit as well, so the reviews don't exactly surprise me. Nor put me off, for that matter.

Let's face it, this was always going to be an Assassins Creed type sequel, where it was pretty much the same core game as before, just with a few tweaks and an all new story and side content to play through. As such, I think if you go in pretty much expecting that, you'll be pretty happy. If you're expecting another leap forward in Batman games though, you're setting yourself up for disappointment.

I don't think anyone's expecting a major shake-up to the formula... if they are, they haven't been following the game.

For me, just having more Arkhamverse story/content to explore is more than enough!

Quick ?

My xbox isnt hooked up online. My ps3 is though. Wife found the CE xbox version at the store and was gonna pick it up. Is this game gonna need alot of patches? Been reading it isn't playing smoothly. I want the statue, but also a game that plays well.

I was able to track down a CE for the Xbox at Best Buy and another one for a friend at Walmart. Almost every Best Buy store in the city was pre-sold out. I got the last one at the store I went to. Walmart only had 1 of the Xbox version and no more. Target and TRU stores didn't seem to get any of this in stock, at least not yet. It has definitely been hard to come by. At Best Buy I got the exclusive metal pack and Tim Drake Robin skin so it was an even better deal.

it's not a bad game at all ..

Arkham City set the Standards for the next Batman Sequel, and this is not a Step ahead of Arkham City, it's pretty much the same .. hence the reviews critisizing it..

can't wait to get this, though I think it will be a Christmas gift. Still playing GTA 5 and will be playing WWE 2K14 next week.

I admit, I was a bit shocked about the lowish scores. I doubt it's a bad game by ant stretch, but I think we're used to the 9s and 10s of past games.

If I recall right, didn't Kevin Conroy confirm he was working on a direct sequel to Arkham City?

Is the Tim drake skin inside the metal pack? I pre ordered the collectors edition from best buy, and was able to pickup the Game, however the Steelbook they said is being shipped to me. I didnt find the Robin code in the collectors box so was wondering if it came in the steelbook?

Oh actually I got the code in an email just now from Best Buy. I still find it strange that they have to mail me the Steelbook, as it seems you can pick it up at the store?

I picked up the Best Buy steelbook at the store when I got the CE, but it was not a preorder. They had some of them at the customer service desk but none on the sales floor that I could see. It came separate in a plastic sleeve with some tissue paper wrapped around it.

My string of good fortune continues....Best Buy just called to inform me they accidentally sold my reserved pre-order Collectors Edition this morning so now I have to wait until they can get one in.

Dumb ****s.

My string of good fortune continues....Best Buy just called to inform me they accidentally sold my reserved pre-order Collectors Edition this morning so now I have to wait until they can get one in.

Dumb ****s.

damn, I hope you got some free stuff out of that silly mishap!

Dumb ****s.

Wow thats crazy.

I also just got called by the Best buy store I was in earlier, that the Steelbook infact was not shipped to my house, but rather it just got there at thier store this afternoon. So i guess I gotta make another trip to the store....

Looks like Neca is doing a 1/4 arkham bats, looks pretty fuggin sweet, hopefully he stands well and his articulation is showing too much like their MOS supes.
BXc3cxcCUAAfrlu.jpg:large

damn, I hope you got some free stuff out of that silly mishap!

I wanted to make sure I am still getting the steelbook and Robin pre-order code. They said I could get a regular version of the game and do a return when the collectors edition comes in or something. They set aside my steelbook and PS3 regular copy. The kid I was talking to didn't sound like they had it figured out.

I might push to see if I can get the PC version for free now and my collectors edition for PS3 whenever they get a copy.

Looks like the game have it's problems allready.And a really annoying one too.When you fast travel with the batwing,it lags like hell after the drop-off and you would have to restart the game to make it stop.

I googled the problem today and it's not only me that's for sure.

I just defeated killer croc.
WOW this game PC directX11 textures are ****ing unreal. running the game at 100 FPS!

WOW the batcave looks amazing. going to play all nite.
story and the soundtrack are sick.

Back