Batman : Arkham Origins (2013) Asylum Prequel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just started playing AO tonight and love it so far. But I agree with whoever said a few pages back that the combat system/controls is a little bit "off." Kinda clunky it seems. Not as smooth or graceful as AC that's for sure.

I've played the game for several hours now, and I do agree...it's not bad or worse than its predecessors, it is just more of the same.

I just about 100%ed the first two games, and playing AO feels like I'm replaying those games (aside from the different story of course).

It's not bad, it's just too much of the same from AA and AC. It is a great game, because it's built on what the previous two games did. But playing so much of the first two and having Origins lack innovation, makes the gameplay a bit dull and redundant.

But it's Batman and it's a new game built on a great engine. I'm gonna finish it and get as close to 100% as I can.

I've played it for several hours now and yes, it is much the same as AC. I can give a few pro's and cons. This game does seem to be much larger than AC and it gives you sense of the scope of the city. The Boss fights, as many have said before, are varied and better and I love that they've yet again included villains that were not in any previous game. And the score is amazing. As for the cons the controls are a little off, but I expected something to be off since it was handed off to WB Montreal. IMO the story isn't as gripping as AC's but it is decent.

As for the voice acting, yes I miss Conroy and Hamill, but RCS and Troy Baker do a fine job and it doesn't really bother me.

Truth be told it's really fun game, it's not a let down and it doesn't seem like filler. It's good, it's just not as Great as AC.

Have fun playing!

I think this game is equally as good as the other two. Love the new characters, the story, the new detective stuff. The only issue is its a little glitchy. I'm happy for all arkham games to have the same game play style. Keeping making them with new characters and I will keep buying. :)

Ok...I seriously can't get passed deathstroke and it's really starting to tick me off!

Chris

It took me 4 tries,and i was close to shutting down the game :lol

I assume you use your Batclaw on him?Be patient and time your attacks right.

Ok...I seriously can't get passed deathstroke and it's really starting to tick me off!

Chris

Just be patient and master the counter system, you'll get the hang of it in no time. It just hit me I never died in the story mode. :slap

It took me 4 tries,and i was close to shutting down the game :lol

I assume you use your Batclaw on him?Be patient and time your attacks right.

Nah, you don't need any gadgets for Deathstroke.

I like the game so far.But,it's not better or worse than AC,it just feels the same,very little is new.
One thing i really wish they would have done though,was updating the combat system a bit with new moves,because the current move set is the very same as AC,except the counter moves which i think is new.

Last edited:
Just be patient and master the counter system, you'll get the hang of it in no time. It just hit me I never died in the story mode. :slap

Nah, you don't need any gadgets for Deathstroke.

On my first try i didn't either,but it just took too long,so i used the batclaw and clotheslined him whenever i could.

I like the game so far.But,it's not better or worse than AC,it just feels the same,very little is new.
One thing i really wish they would have done though,was updating the combat system a bit with new moves,because the current move set is the very same as AC,except the counter moves which i think is new.

New moves wouldn't make a lot of sense in a prequel. He's not going to forget them between AO and AC.

SnakeDoc

Keep the same move set,but adjust it a little with a couple of new moves.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_I7BgAHMeY[/ame]

Not my video,but im experiencing the same thing if i fast travel with the batwing.It's really annoying and would have to restart the game to stop it.
Does this happen to anyone else?

Just had a quick first blast, just more of the same really which is a good thing

Arkham Asylum still ranks the best of the 3 for me though

This game feels like an add on dlc for AC. Still decent though.

I just got it today and feel the same way as you. Almost like a expansion to Arkham City. You are like literally given all his power ups and tools from AC, nearly at the start of this game. I think all his attack animations are ripped from AC?

It's kinda obvious Wb Games wanted to cash in on the success of AC, thus giving us nearly the same game with AO. Still pretty fun though.

I've heard reports of the lag but I haven't experienced it myself.

I have it on ps3, and there is quite a bit of frame droppage during the cut scenes. I should check for a patch.

Though, something like this should have been caught before launch.

I just got it today and feel the same way as you. Almost like a expansion to Arkham City. You are like literally given all his power ups and tools from AC, nearly at the start of this game. I think all his attack animations are ripped from AC?

It's kinda obvious Wb Games wanted to cash in on the success of AC, thus giving us nearly the same game with AO. Still pretty fun though.

I have it on ps3, and there is quite a bit of frame droppage during the cut scenes. I should check for a patch.

Though, something like this should have been caught before launch.

I have it on the X360, so far no problems.

Back