Batman : Arkham Origins (2013) Asylum Prequel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The voices are great, they are clearly not Hamill and Conroy, obviously but they did a great job making it sound like the game is a prequel with both Batman and Joker being a lot younger.

It's also been confirmed that Conroy is not voicing for this game so he practically confirmed that he's been voicing for the next Batman game to come from Rocksteady. It'll be nice to hear his voice when that game comes but for this prequel I think it does just fine.

I'm glad they are giving attention to detective mode, that was the weak link in the Arkham formula.

It'll also be interesting to see how the new enemy types change combat. I hated the knife wielding guys in Arkham City, but maybe these martial artists will be different.

I thought the changes in voice actors would really get to me, but they got really good replacements that seem to fit. And hopefully they will bring back Conroy for the next Arkham game set after Arkham City.

Wait? Why is this game called arkham origins?
Because it's a prequel. I think people would have been more confused if they changed it to another name. Not to mention Rocksteady is not the team behind it so it would make this game look like a reboot when really it's only a prequel, hence the "origin".

Yes..... True. Should of named it Gotham nights or something but its understandable.

I thought the changes in voice actors would really get to me, but they got really good replacements that seem to fit. And hopefully they will bring back Conroy for the next Arkham game set after Arkham City.

:exactly:
I was insanely bummed when I heard Conroy/Hamil wasn't casted, but the small Joker clip we heard sounded solid. I don't understand why anyone would let something that small affect them getting the game at all when it looks like the voice-acting is going to be good either way.

Yes..... True. Should of named it Gotham nights or something but its understandable.

But they want it obvious to people its part of the Arkham series and to do that, you need to throw Arkham in the time. Arkham Knight or Night was one of the web address WB acquired though if I'm not mistaken. So it almost was named that.

FranklyI don't care what they call these games anymore as long as they are good :lol

The voice actors seem okay, I still feel as if they were unnecessary though, Montreal should have done something different in the Arkham verse.

I would have much preferred a game as Nightwing or Robin or Batman Beyond.

What worries me about this game is because, well... it's WB Montreal haven't made a good game, although this time they have it easy since Rocksteady did most of the work but do I trust them with this franchise? No.

I'm not getting this game until I see reviews or it's atleast $15 on Steam.

I agree I won't be playing this garbage either.
Ahh come on bro, garbage, really!? It's not out yet and from what we've seen it looks to be pretty much exactly the same as city in all but story, voice acting and 1 or 2 gadgets.

Unless you thought City was garbage? Surely not!

The talent is gone will be like any other batman game before the the first to arkham games.
I know dini, conroy and hamill are gone but in terms of gameplay, not really bud as it's the same engine as city.

Ahh come on bro, garbage, really!? It's not out yet and from what we've seen it looks to be pretty much exactly the same as city in all but story, voice acting and 1 or 2 gadgets.

Unless you thought City was garbage? Surely not!

I know dini, conroy and hamill are gone but in terms of gameplay, not really bud as it's the same engine as city.

Best gameplay in the world can't save a game well see .

Best gameplay in the world can't save a game well see .

That makes no sense, good gameplay is what makes games fun most of all.

You sound like one of those people that buys the same Dragon Ball Z game every year despite what terrible games they are just because its Dragon Ball Z.

The Arkham games not only have good gameplay mechanics they have substance and keep the Batman mythos close to its core. Just becuase Hamill and Conroy are gone for origins shouldn't merit such pessimism.

It's fine for you not to like these games but saying that they actually are badly made games isn't right.

Last edited:

You sound like one of those people that buys the same Dragon Ball Z game every year despite what terrible games they are just because its Dragon Ball Z.

The Arkham games not only have good gameplay mechanics they have substance and keep the Batman mythos close to its core. Just becuase Hamill and Conroy are gone for origins shouldn't merit such pessimism.

It's fine for you not not like these games but saying that they actually are badly made games isn't right.

It's my opinion no need to get upset btw haven't played a dbz game since ps2 people think because it has the name arkham attached to it it's going to great.

It's fine for you not not like these games but saying that they actually are badly made games isn't right.

I for one agree with Krec, I can't merit it a purchase since they decided to rotate those two out. Stick them in Arkham 3 and I will get it.

I for one agree with Krec, I can't merit it a purchase since they decided to rotate those two out. Stick them in Arkham 3 and I will get it.

The voices are gone isn't rocksteady gone and Paul Dini is gone everything they had going for it is gone . But talking to batman fans is like talking to a wall I'm not here bash it. But I see the bats games going back to how they were post arkham.

Nah I can't see that as it's the same engine as AC. Unless the story is lacking, but it certainly doesn't appear that way so far.

It's my opinion no need to get upset btw haven't played a dbz game since ps2 people think because it has the name arkham attached to it it's going to great.

That would be true except the past 2 games Arkham games were great. Story, gameplay, voice acting, everything about them were solid. At least people excited about the have something to go off from as opposed to those amusing its going to suck simply because hamil/conroy aren't in it.

LOL gameplay? Please... that's for kids. Give me more great deep thought provoking stories in my video games! :)

:lol
I cant tell if you're being facetious but you need both, if it was irrelevant you might as well watch a movie. There needs to be a balance between games Like heavy rain and games like gta or red dead redemption.

The story wouldn't mean anything if playing the game felt like crap.

Don't watch game of thrones! Go read the books, tv's for kids!

Last edited:
Back