Batman : Arkham Origins (2013) Asylum Prequel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It has a much tighter story than AC. Like the reasoning for all these villains works better. I would love for them to make another prequel, detailing more of Bruce's early adventures like how how Grayson became Robin.

Same here; their first game and combat wise and gameplay wise, they are gonna go the 'safe route;' Their next game and they can make it a little more their own

My Green Arrow exposure is pretty much limited to the CW show, but based on that alone, it would be awesome. And how/if they'd incorporate the island intrigues me.

BIA: Hell's Highway is awesome too. Super underrated game.

Well, another massive launch failure for WB Montreal.

PC versions of Cold Cold Heart are unplayable. Can't throw a punch, can't use quick gadgets in combat. All you can do is counter and do take downs.

A.O. was unplayable for over a month. This will probably be no different. It's not even advertised on STEAM it's such a bomb.

Its mind boggling to me how they can release a game and then a DLC that is not playable. Who is doing their testing and QC over there? No one apparently. Someone should be fired for this incompetence.

:lol they actually had to take away the option to review the DLC on STEAM because it was getting so many negatives. Unreal.

Done with WB Montreal. Bring on the real Batman from RS.

:lol they actually had to take away the option to review the DLC on STEAM because it was getting so many negatives. Unreal.

Done with WB Montreal. Bring on the real Batman from RS.

It pays to wait a few months I guess; had two glitches my whole playthrough - had to restart twice, other than that, no issues.

It pays to wait a few months I guess; had two glitches my whole playthrough - had to restart twice, other than that, no issues.

Yea Origins itself should run, more or less ok now. Took them a month to patch it. After about another month they f'd it up again and finally fixed it. It's been good since then.

It's just a shame, I just watched a walk through for a bit and the game actually looks fun, with the cryogun baddies and Freeze. I'll play it when someone comes up with a work around but not trusting WB Montreal anymore.

Anyone try the batman origins blackgate?
I'm actually having a blast.
Reminds me of the good old side scrolling Nintendo batman days, with much better graphics, and it even has a nice story line.

I almost passed on it, cause there's some mixed reviews, but I think a big chunk of the negative is getting lost cause of the map.
I think some people just get frustrated and quit the game.
Although getting lost is one of my biggest pet peeve when playing games, which is why I actually don't mind linear games cause I'm more about the story, and fun of playing...you'll end up backtracking on some areas, but its easy to get familiar with places that you'll be able to figure out where to go.

The biggest tip I read that helped me is if you don't see the blinking marker on where you're supposed to go in the map, then you'll probably have to leave the section you're in and go to another section of blackgate to pick up a gadget that will help you cross an area that was not accessible.
If you go to another section and now you can see the marker on your destination, then you're on the right path.

After that, it's pretty much linear for the most part. Although they do a good job of making it look non linear cause each section has a boss and you have an option to beat which boss you want to beat first.
I'm really enjoying it and I'm close to finishing the game. :)

Are all the frozen cops supposed to show up on the map? I know lots of them were there before I thawed them. But I'm at 17/20, and nothing shows up on the main map, My Alibi (the three there were thawed anyway) or GothCorp's maps.

Are all the frozen cops supposed to show up on the map? I know lots of them were there before I thawed them. But I'm at 17/20, and nothing shows up on the main map, My Alibi (the three there were thawed anyway) or GothCorp's maps.

I think they only show up on the map after you examine them. Here's a guide if you need some help finding the ones you missed:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syshvjO9KMg

I think they only show up on the map after you examine them. Here's a guide if you need some help finding the ones you missed:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syshvjO9KMg

That could explain that, then.

I figured I'd need to use a video, I just hate that, same for the Anarky tags. I never remember the ones I took care of, so I wind up having to follow the walkthrough from start to finish, even when I'm more than half done.

The difference with the cops is they show up differently in detective vision when they're frozen so they're pretty easy to spot. It would be reallly nice if the Anarky tags disappeared after you found 'em. The last couple took me like an hour of going in circles and I still have half to find in the main game.

Thankfully, the three I needed were three of the first four shown in the video I used.

So since "New Game" isn't NG+ for this, some of these upgrades aren't very useful. You can't get the 20th frozen cop until after you have the drill, and you're almost done with the game anyway.

So I didn't really like the Freeze battle. It was easier than the AC version. I was also a little annoyed that Anarky didn't play a bigger role. I want to see more of that character. It would be cool if they kept releasing chapters involving different villains. Croc taking Cash's arm, Barbara getting paralyzed, etc.

Anyway, if Rocksteady is done with Batman, does that mean that Montreal is going to continue? If Rocksteady is voluntarily giving it up then I guess I wouldn't mind if Montreal kept making the games just to have something although I wouldn't have any high expectations. I liked AO but it is so damn buggy. Rocksteady's games were so well polished. One of the best polished games I've ever seen to be honest. AO wasn't like that at all.

BIA: Hell's Highway is awesome too. Super underrated game.

Hell yeah, I'm itching for the fourth one. I would love for them to do an HD remake of the first two and release them all together

I'm more than fine with the amount of Anarky we got - I never really cared for him.

And the unfortunate thing about a prequel game is that it makes sense that this boss battle would be less exciting than AC's. You'd have to assume that in the amount of time between AO and AC, Freeze would have gotten smarter and gotten better tech, making the variations of attacks a necessity. They could have made the final battle more interesting somehow, but at least it makes sense.

It's all good fun. Batman shouldn't have access to his extended grapple in Origins if you really think about it. :lol

I don't get the complaints for the lack of glue grenades in CCH, they would've basically nullified the cool new freeze guns and I thought the game explained their absence in a pretty cool way.

Back