Batman : Arkham Origins (2013) Asylum Prequel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would have found them all even for no reward, since once the Arkham psychosis of having to complete everything kicks in, there's no stopping it.

Thankfully, with the online nonsense, I knew I wouldn't get 1K so I didn't bother with all the challenge maps for Origins.

I was pretty underwhelmed by Origins' main story, I still had fun with it, just not as much as Rocksteady's; but I really liked Cold, Cold Heart. Tonally, it felt more in line with the Timmverse feel of the first two games, the new suit is kickass and adds just enough newness to the combat, and it took me about 4 & 1/2 hours to complete the story with a few collectibles left to find. Harley's Revenge seemed to end just as I was starting to get into it, so I was glad this felt like a more complete standalone experience. I'd love it if they put out a few short story DLC's after each game, it's nice to see other villains get the spotlight after so much Joker, and there usually isn't much time to focus on each one in the main story.

So far, I actually prefer Origins main story to Arkham City - love the idea of 7 assassins versus Batman. Thus far (at hotel) the boss battles have been satisfying.

Glitches for me have been (thank god) rare, but here is my fav thus far:

View attachment 105437

Last edited:
I guess I just expected more from the assassins. Maybe because it's the only plot point they advertised ahead of time, but It seemed so promising, then you fight them once and they inconsequentially exit the story. They were good boss fights though.

Yeah, once I beat them I didn't expect them to reappear. But I can see how some would be wanting more. They give you just a little tase of each. I could have gone for 3 of them, but really detailed story for each too So far, love the hot looking Blonde assassin. Favorite 'bad' assassin: Electrocutioner - what a dumbass. I actually laughed when he died

So far, I actually prefer Origins main story to Arkham City - love the idea of 7 assassins versus Batman. Thus far (at hotel) the boss battles have been satisfying.

Glitches for me have been (thank god) rare, but here is my fav thus far:

View attachment 105437

Clearly a hint that they're making Superman next. That's no glitch, it's a "Batman in the Phantom Zone" Easter Egg.:lol

Clearly a hint that they're making Superman next. That's no glitch, it's a "Batman in the Phantom Zone" Easter Egg.:lol

:lol

Stop regulating the DC cast to fighting/RTS games. I wanna see RS do the impossible- a good Superman game. Set it on another planet if they're worried about Superman punching people, just enough of robots already. :lol

Make it like War World where Supes is forced to fight for entertainment.

NOW it's a hint for the next Superman game.

ucBmq8E.jpg

Rocksteady came out a long time ago and said they would not do a Superman game. Their reason was that if you put Batman in a room with 10 guys, it's not a big deal for him. But give 3 of those guys guns and the dynamic changes. How it must be approached changes. Give all the guys guns and now Batman has to change his whole approach. That doesn't work with Superman. Unless you give everyone kryptonite, and then it's cheating. I am paraphrasing of course but I remember the article.

I played Cold Cold Heart for about thirty minutes last night. I loved the opening title shot, it really gave me an animated series vibe.

Freeze's design is one of my favorite character designs in the Arkham series, and it's cool seeing what is obviously an earlier incarnation of his armor.

Rocksteady came out a long time ago and said they would not do a Superman game. Their reason was that if you put Batman in a room with 10 guys, it's not a big deal for him. But give 3 of those guys guns and the dynamic changes. How it must be approached changes. Give all the guys guns and now Batman has to change his whole approach. That doesn't work with Superman. Unless you give everyone kryptonite, and then it's cheating. I am paraphrasing of course but I remember the article.

Ok, cool thanks for that. it does make sense. Superman = OP

On a separate note, you know what all the thugs remind me of? Tim Sale's art. They have a strong vibe with his style - which is awesome. i doubt it was intentional, but anyone who's read some of his Batman comics will know that style

I hope Montreal continue making arkham games if rocksteady won't. Cold, cold heart is really good.

Beat the main story today - 28 hours with 100% story done, 50% Riddler done and many of the side quests. Overall, game was AWESOME. They did try to keep it a tad too close to Arkham City, but definitely hope this team gets to make another one.....game was fantastic to me

Gonna play DLC soon I am sure!!

Finished the 100% of the main game the other day. Got TDK suit which is basically a black repaint of the main suit. But it's battle damaged... Does anyone know if the battle damage goes away if you start a new game? Still gotta finish new game plus and I am the night. Beat cold cold heart last night. Was okay, wish there was a bit more to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beat the main story today - 28 hours with 100% story done, 50% Riddler done and many of the side quests. Overall, game was AWESOME. They did try to keep it a tad too close to Arkham City, but definitely hope this team gets to make another one.....game was fantastic to me

Gonna play DLC soon I am sure!!

It has a much tighter story than AC. Like the reasoning for all these villains works better. I would love for them to make another prequel, detailing more of Bruce's early adventures like how how Grayson became Robin.

Back