Media Batman: Arkham Knight

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is why I dont have a problem when another company takes over another game.
Sometimes, the original developer, just gets lost...and tries to make sure they do a different formula, that they lose track on why their game was great in the first place.
People always raise hell and are biased whenever another company takes over, when sometimes, they can step back and bring a better approach to a game.
Like Silent Hill. Since most of the games after 2 were not made by Team Silent, every single one has been bashed, but I enjoyed almost all the Silent Hills.

Just like this game, people have blasted Origins for not being Rocksteady, when Ironically, my favorite out of all the games is Origins. I've beat that game about 7 times now. And AC, about 3.

My last post on this thread, I was raving about how glorious this game is. Well, I almost want to take it back. After about 60-70% of the storyline, it did a quick 180, and it has been a very long time that I seriously wanted to throw my controller.
Its like Rocksteady got lost in its ways of delivering a great game.
I understand making some things, very challenging. It makes you think...find the pattern, there's a method to the madness in beating a hard level.
Not on this game. Some of the things in this game, you just have to pray and hope that with some blind luck, you can finish the level.
When you constantly see game over, and over, and over, and over...its not fun!!! Towards the end of the game, I wasnt enjoying it as much anymore.
For the first time, I actually thought of trading in this game while it still has value, and this is the game that made me buy a ps4.

I'm almost finished with the game. So I'll give it another try cause I definitely want to play it with the Keaton batman skin.
Maybe after the 2nd play, I'll enjoy it again.
But you really have to question Rocksteady approach on this game.

I agree with you guys, didnt they think that 99% of the people who are excited to see that you can finally play the 89 batmobile, wants to be able to play that on the regular game?

That's another thing, I'm disappointed they managed to evacuate the city AGAIN. I want a fully populated Gotham that feels alive. I want to have the freedom to mow down innocent people if need be!
The mowing down innocents is something they'd have to find a (probably clumsy) workaround for, but I agree. It also made no story sense, either - Scarecrow says 'Hey everyone, I'm gonna gas you all, but here's some warning so you can evacuate', leaving Batman to save....an empty city. I mean yeah, there are still thugs around for him to save, but the stakes don't seem particularly high because of the evacuation, that was too clearly due to game requirements.

Also, I think this was pointed out in the Zero Punctuation review, but if the Arkham Knight (who apparently knows all of Batman's tricks) simply made his drones manned, Batman wouldn't blow them up, and he'd have an advantage....

AK is one of those games that, if you think about too hard, starts to fall apart. And you start to feel sad that the promised 'all the villains banding together' is really just 'Scarecrow and Arkham Knight' all through the main story. And that all the side missions are 'Do the same thing a few times then reach the finale mission'. And that the only real new characters to the franchise are Pyg, Man-Bat and Blackfire.

Ehhhh.

That's another thing, I'm disappointed they managed to evacuate the city AGAIN. I want a fully populated Gotham that feels alive. I want to have the freedom to mow down innocent people if need be!

That was another thing that was great about Origins, the city was fully populated yet they empty streets made since because it was Christmas Eve so you didn't have that sense of non purpose regarding Gotham like you do in this game.

I don't care what car they give me--I'm never going to enjoy the races. Give me the damn '89 Batmobile in free roam!

It's been my dream ever since the Arkham games started to have what we have in Knight, to have access to the car and drive around... and to have the Burtonmobile as a skin... and now were just being cruelly teased with it.

I agree with everyone's complaints about this game...yet I still love it.

This is pretty much how I feel :lol

I have so many issues with the choices RS made with the story and gameplay, but overall it's still a really good game that's a blast to play.

Last edited:
I'm happy that they evacuated the city...it was actually done in a smart way! I'd much rather that than the Spider-Man game scenario where every time you fly by an NPC they go, "Go for it Batman!" "You're Awesome!" or whatever. A city of just baddies? That I can get on board with!

The driving definitely takes some time to get used to, and it's something you tend to either love or hate. I've ended up loving it, but some of the races and whatnot with it can drive you crazy...no pun intended!

As for the season pass, I've still yet to pick it up...I have PS+, so part of me thinks it'll go on sale eventually. If it does, then I may jump on it, or I'll wait to hear if something really worthwhile comes out for it. The Batgirl DLC came out or is coming out really soon, and apparently it only takes an hour to beat it. I'll have to wait and see what the upcoming months deliver, as I'd hope that all the bonus missions/character stories add up to at least 10 hours or so.

I did quickly watch a fight scene with Batgirl in it, and I really like her outfit! Hopefully Prime 1 messes it up with a terrible pose I have no interest in. :lol

batman-arkham-knight-batgirl-a-matter-of-family-790x556.jpg

batman-arkham-knight-batgirl.jpg

BatgirlDLCTrl-610.jpg

One of the reasons Origins is below the Rocksteady games and even this Batgirl DLC that WB Montreal did is kind of lacking is the attention to detail Rocksteady pays to everything, from architecture to signage to cracks on the sidewalk just isn't there in the WBM stuff. They do a decent job but its really noticable between the two developers. Which why I'm hoping Rocksteady handles the larger DLC that is supposedly coming.

One of the reasons Origins is below the Rocksteady games and even this Batgirl DLC that WB Montreal did is kind of lacking is the attention to detail Rocksteady pays to everything, from architecture to signage to cracks on the sidewalk just isn't there in the WBM stuff. They do a decent job but its really noticable between the two developers. Which why I'm hoping Rocksteady handles the larger DLC that is supposedly coming.

I just wish they made these DLC longer! I'd love to play as Batgirl for a few hours in a more open area! Or Catwoman again...I love how fast and agile the ladies are, and it's rare to get such a kick ass female in this type of format/gameplay.

That's fair, but they are getting better. Compare this environment compared to some of the areas in Origins, its not contest that this has personality as opposed to
say the Diamond District.

Has anybody gotten all the audio tapes for the Batgirl DLC? It's about Edward Burke and the development of the amusement park and Dr. Young from Arkham Asylum also makes an appearance. It's surprisingly compelling stuff, and really disturbing material. That's all I can say without spoiling anything.

Has anybody gotten all the audio tapes for the Batgirl DLC? It's about Edward Burke and the development of the amusement park and Dr. Young from Arkham Asylum also makes an appearance. It's surprisingly compelling stuff, and really disturbing material. That's all I can say without spoiling anything.

It was pretty unsettling stuff, I enjoyed the minigames to get them. One of the better things about the DLC.

That's fair, but they are getting better. Compare this environment compared to some of the areas in Origins, its not contest that this has personality as opposed to
say the Diamond District.

Getting better yes, but a lot of people want Batman handed over to WB Montreal since Rocksteady is done and they are the only studio with experience with this game engine but I think if they want to bring as much to the table as Rocksteady has they've got a long way to go and this DLC kinda shows they're still a bit off the mark. It's good, it's fun, but it's still a little lacking.

Ugh, been busting my ass to get the riddler trophies and realized I still have around 80 to go. **** me!!! There is one riddler race one where you have to glide from the hospital to a tall building. I can't get anywhere close to the trophy before time is up. Pissing me off. I'm just not fast enough apparently.

This is testing my patience. I'm getting close to giving up and just watching the best ending on youtube.

I honestly don't understand all the bitching about the Batmobile DLC only being drivable on the [DLC] tracks. Isn't that EXACTLY what Rocksteady promised when they announced the DLC in the first place? In the full DLC description released a while ago, it says something like "Every Batmobile will be drivable on every TRACK" with zero mention of using DLC Batmobiles in the main story map. I get the feeling of disappointment for not getting to do something you would have liked to do, but not the idea that you were "teased" with it. They didn't break any promise here. It's not like they did a bait and switch.

Back