Media Batman: Arkham Knight

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DLC looks great but I still find it really odd that RS decided to put Barbara and and Tim in a relationship. I don't believe we're ever a thing in any version of Batman.

Not to my knowledge either but it almost makes a bit of sense. Babs and Grayson have always been on again off again with Grayson never being truly over Starfire either. Tim is the more stable one out of all the protégés, the most analytical and probably the most forward thinking. I could see Babs going for him, just never thought Tim would go for an older woman. :lol

Yea, that's why it's a little strange to me, I always thought she was like a decade older than him. I've always liked Grayson and Barbara's on and off relationship, and with this being the final Arkham game it would have been nice to see him settle down with Barbara considering the history they had. It's no big deal, just thought it came out of nowhere.

I don't mind the Tim and Barbara thing quite as much. He seems like he's in his early twenties, and she seems like she could be, at most, 27. If I had to guess, though, I'd probably say it was because Nightwing wasn't even established outside of DLC before this game, where people who played the previous installments were already familiar with Babs through her constant narration and Tim through his storyline in Arkham City. Perhaps they just figured it might be more natural for the players who strictly follow this continuity, if they put two established characters together, rather than to have to go through the trouble of establishing their Nightwing and showing why Babs loves him. I don't see much in Tim, honestly, but I suppose they only had to do half the work.

In all honesty, though, I didn't even really know about her and Tim until towards the end. Even the picture in the clock tower, I was like "who is that? Oh, does James Gordon Jr. exist in this continuity?" :lol As far as the DLC goes, I'm conflicted. The trailer looked awesome; everything about it looked awesome, but WB's reputation certainly doesn't do them any favors. I'm not even talking about WBM, here, I'm talking about WB games, in general; nothing about them screams "generosity," judging by all of their insane business practices, and, when you compound that with the $6.99 price point, it doesn't inspire much confidence that this is any better than the Harley or Red Hood stuff.

I'd at least assume it'll be considerably longer than the Red Hood/Harley DLC - those were only freebies. I'm expecting this to be a similar length to Harley Quinn's Revenge due to the price, and also there are quite a few trophies/achievements for it as well, suggesting it'll be considerably bigger than the DLC freebies.

Probably won't be quite as good as what's yet to come (if the leaked villains list is valid), down to this not being directly Rocksteady's DLC. It'll be enjoyable enough and flesh out Batgirl and Robin, and of a decent enough length, and that's all I'm expecting.

I wouldn't take theories in the Arkham games, given what we're working with. Implications however, I would believe.

There are some theories that AO is over 10 years before AA though.

It has to be years before, for sure. Batman seemed so much younger and more inexperienced. Like when he punched Killer Croc unconscious while trying to interrogate him. Convoy Batman in AA and AC would've never done that.

I'd at least assume it'll be considerably longer than the Red Hood/Harley DLC - those were only freebies. I'm expecting this to be a similar length to Harley Quinn's Revenge due to the price, and also there are quite a few trophies/achievements for it as well, suggesting it'll be considerably bigger than the DLC freebies.

Probably won't be quite as good as what's yet to come (if the leaked villains list is valid), down to this not being directly Rocksteady's DLC. It'll be enjoyable enough and flesh out Batgirl and Robin, and of a decent enough length, and that's all I'm expecting.

Hey where can I find the leaked villain list?

I was really hoping for a killer moth DLC. I love all the Arkham character designs and KM is one of my most wanted.

I think a lot of people are about to unsub from Angry Joe. after this review :lol

I don’t agree with his score, seems he was a little tough on the game because of how the PC version came out, but its hard to argue with all the points he made. This game has one of the worst endings I’ve ever experienced, and the amount of work you have to put in to get that horrible ending is pretty strange. At times the game is perfect, then there is times when it feels below average because some of the strange decisions RS made in the story and gameplay.

I just thought the game was a let down for me. All it felt like I was doing was spamming the attack button , waiting for a cut scene then getting in the bat tank that I hated driving firing at other tanks!!

I really wanted to like this but I had no desire to carry on with it.

I just thought the game was a let down for me. All it felt like I was doing was spamming the attack button , waiting for a cut scene then getting in the bat tank that I hated driving firing at other tanks!!

I really wanted to like this but I had no desire to carry on with it.

Yea, its definitely formulaic. With the omission of challenge maps, and the addition of tedious side missions, I think this might be the worst game in the trilogy. Its still good though, and at times great, but some design decisions really ruined what could have been an amazing game.

I think a lot of people are about to unsub from Angry Joe. after this review :lol

I don’t agree with his score, seems he was a little tough on the game because of how the PC version came out, but its hard to argue with all the points he made. This game has one of the worst endings I’ve ever experienced, and the amount of work you have to put in to get that horrible ending is pretty strange. At times the game is perfect, then there is times when it feels below average because some of the strange decisions RS made in the story and gameplay.

I don't sub to him at all, I ****ing HATE Youtube personalities.

I don’t sub to him either, but I do prefer him to other reviewers out there.

Angry Joe gets points for being funny, actually honest and for doing some neat things like calling out all the butt hurt DMC fans who went on meta critic and gave the reboot **** scores without even playing it :lol I solely watch him for entertainment, not really informative.

Back