Media Batman: Arkham Knight

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn, the Batmobile is AWESOME but it combines all the things I suck at...racing and shooting. I'm not much of a gamer. I've only played Madden (love me some football) and all the previous Arkham games. That's it. So the Batmobile is killing me in this game. It's literally taking me hours to get past some of the parts in this game that have the Batmobile in it. It's frustrating me to no end. :gah:

I'm the same way. Haven't played any kind of driving game in probably a decade. Eventually I got the hang of it and managed to wrap up the driving challenges. But that last riddler race can go straight to hell :lol

Damn, the Batmobile is AWESOME but it combines all the things I suck at...racing and shooting. I'm not much of a gamer. I've only played Madden (love me some football) and all the previous Arkham games. That's it. So the Batmobile is killing me in this game. It's literally taking me hours to get past some of the parts in this game that have the Batmobile in it. It's frustrating me to no end. :gah:

I'm the same way. Haven't played any kind of driving game in probably a decade. Eventually I got the hang of it and managed to wrap up the driving challenges. But that last riddler race can go straight to hell :lol

Spending your upgrades on maxing out your Batmobile certainly helps a lot, as things get really hectic towards the end. Also, you MUST use the alternate Batmobile controls rather than the default one, it makes long periods of car combat and emergency braking much easier. Finally, if things get too much for you, take a break and and come back when you're refreshed, I find that helps a lot for tough games.

I'm sharing the game with my 8 year old son so we're taking turns playing 2 separate games. I'm not that far into the game (about 10%), he's further along (30%) and playing the game in easy mode. I'm on normal and the car chases especially are just tearing me up. Everything feels so random when I lose a target and I get so frustrated that I literally just start driving the car like a bat outta hell. If I could see a pattern or just got better at racing I'd be OK. None of that is happening for me. I wonder if the game has a mercy rule? I still can't explain how I got as far as I did. I think the game just takes some pity on those of us that literally spend massive amounts of hours trying to get past some parts of the game. :lol

Spending your upgrades on maxing out your Batmobile certainly helps a lot, as things get really hectic towards the end. Also, you MUST use the alternate Batmobile controls rather than the default one, it makes long periods of car combat and emergency braking much easier. Finally, if things get too much for you, take a break and and come back when you're refreshed, I find that helps a lot for tough games.

I've actually gotten a little bit better at the combat parts. The racing and chasing are the parts that are giving me a tremendous headache. Unfortunately, there's no upgrade for learning how to drive. I took your advice though. I called it quits last night around 11 and will get back to it later.

I'm sharing the game with my 8 year old son so we're taking turns playing 2 separate games. I'm not that far into the game (about 10%), he's further along (30%) and playing the game in easy mode. I'm on normal and the car chases especially are just tearing me up. Everything feels so random when I lose a target and I get so frustrated that I literally just start driving the car like a bat outta hell. If I could see a pattern or just got better at racing I'd be OK. None of that is happening for me. I wonder if the game has a mercy rule? I still can't explain how I got as far as I did. I think the game just takes some pity on those of us that literally spend massive amounts of hours trying to get past some parts of the game. :lol

I think it's part because I was getting a little better at handling the car, but I do think the game has some leeway on driving based challenges. I did lose firefly a few times but you're still allowed a wide berth to chase him down in case you hit a wall or take a wrong turn. I do hate it though when you're driving street level and end up falling underground and by then you're totally screwed if you're chasing someone :lol

I think it's part because I was getting a little better at handling the car, but I do think the game has some leeway on driving based challenges. I did lose firefly a few times but you're still allowed a wide berth to chase him down in case you hit a wall or take a wrong turn. I do hate it though when you're driving street level and end up falling underground and by then you're totally screwed if you're chasing someone :lol

Tell me about it. The walls and off ramps are not my friends.

I didn't upgrade the Batmobile at all, like 1 or 2 updates, hell, I almost didn't upgrade anything in general, I played the main story straight without sidetracking so I didn't get many Wayne points, the ones I spent I spent on combat and armor, I think I'm around 40% completion, so the final Batmobile battle was tough, possibly the toughest moment in the entire franchise for me, it made me hate the GCPD death scene :lol I died like 10 times :lol I don't think I've died that many times in any of the other games.

And yeah, Batmobile is lotsa fun!

On another note, I have yet to experience a single bug in this game, I know a lot of people complained about glitches early in the thread, not me, I'm blessed.

*sigh* So I think I've encountered two riddler trophies which pisses me off.

Spoiler Spoiler:

*sigh* So I think I've encountered two riddler trophies which pisses me off.

Spoiler Spoiler:

If you want the answer to that riddle see below

Spoiler Spoiler:

If you want the answer to that riddle see below

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

I guess all that time I spent playing Need for Speed payed off because I love driving the Batmobile

Yeah, I'm sure it helped. Unfortunately for me, my video game experiences are limited to Madden and the Arkham games so this is just painfully difficult for me personally. The Batmobile is cool as hell though. It looks awesome and it's fun to drive around in. It's certainly a nice addition to the Arkham franchise. I just have to get the hang of driving it so I can enjoy it. For now, it just frustrates me whenever I need to use it to complete a mission/level.

any advice how to get past that Helicopter guarding the watchtower on Founders Island?
have tried and tried,but no matter what i do,nothing works.An upgrade i need?

If it's the one that just circles around the building top just use the remote hacker device to shut down it's "eyes" so it can't see you, I don't think the disruptor works on that one.

Ive tried just about anything,what you said too.Even tried to take it out the way you take out the drones with explosive gel.but maybe on the side of the helikopter or something.
nothing worked.

Ive tried just about anything,what you said too.Even tried to take it out the way you take out the drones with explosive gel.but maybe on the side of the helikopter or something.
nothing worked.

In that case I have no idea could be a glitch I suppose, there is the drone sabotage upgrade so that when they try to shoot you they just blow up but i'm sure that wouldn't work when I tried it.

On a side note, I'm really glad that the scarecrow nightmare missions count towards the 69 star trophy because there isn't a cat in hells chance i'm going to be able to three star some of the races and cobra drone battles.

Ok i got it FINALLY.There was 1 remaining watchtower i was certain it was that one as i didn't find anything else.I stumbled upon another watchtower just now which was the remaining one so ive unlocked them all.Doesn't answer anything about that watchtower,but ive completed the quests now at least.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Back