Media Batman: Arkham Knight

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Natedog's list is mine, though Asylum and Knight are roughly equal for various reasons.

After playing it a 2nd playthrough, I'm enjoying it more. Enough to bump it up one notch from last.

Mine is
1 origins
2 city
3 knight
4 asylum

That BvS skin is a sexy beast.

Picked this up on sale on black Friday. Just finished it tonight 100% with full ending. That last Riddler race was a PITA. Tried and failed many many times. Finally hopped online to see if there was a secret. All I found was that was a lot easier in 1st person mode. So I tried it and passed on the 1st go.

I totally agree with what a lot of people say and that the batmobile was waaaaaay overdone. Yes have a few missions where it is necessary, but not 90% of them. I still flew over the city looking for trophies and missions, screw the car. Only used the car when I absolutely had to (which was a lot). One of the audio files has the Arkham Knight asking Scarecrow for $3Billion. If thats all there was then those tanks must have been about 50¢ each

The Joker made this game! I love how he showed up all over the place talking to you. Always on rooftops, so if you're one of those people who actually liked the car and used it all the time, you probably missed all of that. I haven't seen the game awards in a few years but if Mark Hamill has never won an award for his work in this series than they should just quit giving out awards, period.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Got some free DLC too
Harley story...Mmmmm Harley :love:naughty but altimately it sucked :(
Scarecrow missions. I was looking forward to those as I loved them in previous installments. Played one, oh wait, MORE car ****. Read the description of the 2nd=MORE car **** =PASS

Gameplay 7/10 solely due to the overuse of the batmobile
Graphics 10/10
Story 9.5/10 - minus .5 since I did not like the ending.

Arkham City is still the king!

1. Arkham City
2. Arkham Asylum
3. Arkhman Knight
4. Arkham Origins

The extra Scarecrow missions are all Batmobile missions, but I thought that was advertised that way. I personally liked them, thought they were fun, but I find anything with the Batmobile to be fun.

I have to say that the original Arkham Batmobile is my favorite in this game, it just sucks you can't use them until you beat the deathstroke side mission.

Another thing I love about the series is the darkness of it all. No cutesy wootsey crap. It can be pretty brutal too. Heck arkham knight starts off with a close up of joker burning which you can control.
Spoiler Spoiler:

How they were able to get away with that when MK vs DC didn't even have blood I don't think let alone fatalities.

Mine goes

Origins
Asylum
City
Knight

I love the gameplay in City but I hate the story. Asylum is great in its simplicity and if Origins had less bugs it would be the perfect Batman game.

My order goes:
City
Asylum
Origins
Knight

City had a great story and game play, Asylum was the OG that started it all, Origins has AWESOME Boss fights and a cool story (very glitchy though), and Knight was very dark and visually impressive but relied way too much on the batmobile and I didn't like the ending (or AK's identity).

Last edited:
For me it's:

1) Asylum, it had the best Batman feel and atmosphere.
2) City, the tightest gameplay in the series.
3) Knight, best visuals and refinements.
4) Origins, best story and collection of bosses of them all, but rehashed gameplay.

For me it's:

1) Asylum, it had the best Batman feel and atmosphere.
2) City, the tightest gameplay in the series.
3) Knight, best visuals and refinements.
4) Origins, best story and collection of bosses of them all, but rehashed gameplay.
Rehashed sequences too :lol

also my feelings toward the games individually as well.

Yeah my list always seems to changed based on which I'm playing at the moment. But In all honest Asylum had the best set-up. I really think they screwed the pooch with the whole open world/ side missions idea. It just simply doesn't feel like batman. Although I'm sure in the future they will learn how to make it more seemless ( for instance, they are all interesting story ideas/ characters, but compared to the main story they just never feel important). I'm more of a cinematic guy myself. I'd rather have an intense immersive story than a million side missions. But even with saying that, the games do a hell of a job.

Do I have to be online to access the season pass/dlc content after its been downloaded? I thought about downloading the season pass, but my ps4 is going to be disconnected (momentarily) from the internet in the near future.

Do I have to be online to access the season pass/dlc content after its been downloaded? I thought about downloading the season pass, but my ps4 is going to be disconnected (momentarily) from the internet in the near future.

If it's downloaded, I don't see why you wouldn't be able to play it offline. Don't quote me on that, though.

I beat the DLC a few days ago. I enjoyed it quite a bit. Like previously mentioned by other people, I feel bad for Freeze. I'm glad he wasn't a villain again in this.

I beat the DLC a few days ago. I enjoyed it quite a bit. Like previously mentioned by other people, I feel bad for Freeze. I'm glad he wasn't a villain again in this.

I was worried by the trailer, showing Freeze to be the bad guy again which contradicts his closure in AC but I'm glad it didn't turned out that way. Didju beat all of them?

I was worried by the trailer, showing Freeze to be the bad guy again which contradicts his closure in AC but I'm glad it didn't turned out that way. Didju beat all of them?

Yeah, I did. I liked Croc, another tragic character. Rai's was alright, but I didn't care for Mad Hatter.

What happens if you try to kill Rai's? I saved him.

You can play offline

Yeah, I did. I liked Croc, another tragic character. Rai's was alright, but I didn't care for Mad Hatter.

Both endings:

My choice was to destroy the Pit (10:08)

Last edited:

I did too, because I felt that was more in line with Batman's philosophy. But after experiencing that ending,
Spoiler Spoiler:

That's another bone I wanna pick from Batman's "code of honor". Without spoiling anything, choosing not to save him is canon to me. I mean, Bale did it in Batman Begins.

It really pissed me off.
Spoiler Spoiler:

Nope. Business as usual. Screw you, Batman! :mad:

I did too, because I felt that was more in line with Batman's philosophy. But after experiencing that ending,
Spoiler Spoiler:

Back