Media Batman: Arkham Knight

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
**** Nolan's Batman/Tumbler DLC--that's a huge pass. Though maybe those that want it will finally get the coveted fake ******** "Robin" skin no one is asking for. Now that '89 Batmobile is here I want the BTAS version.

Nolan fan and proud. I can't really think of any Batman stuff that I don't like. I even look for the good in the abysmal; Batman & Robin was godawful, but I like to think that, with a cast like that, and the Schumacher that brought us stuff like The Lost Boys and Falling Down, there's some parallel universe out there where Clooney is the best Batman.

I mean, hell, could you imagine if they'd played it straight as a serious drama (with a different script, of course)? That kind of role could've, potentially, redefined Arnold Schwarzenegger, for audiences, everywhere, if he was able to pull it off; a scientist, pushed past his limits, who sacrifices his own humanity to save the one he loves.

Point is: I love Batman, and I loved Nolan's films. Personally, I loved The Dark Knight Rises, too, and a part of it was that I feel like Bruce Wayne, at some point, in some universe, needs a happy ending. Time and again we see the bitter old man who dies alone with his mission; it was nice to get something where he was able to escape that fate, and, as far as it not being the ending that people expected, all of the signs were there.

From the get-go in Begins, it was being set up like an extreme sort of therapy, for both Bruce and the City, and, even in The Dark Knight, he was never fully committed to it. When he still thought Rachel loved him, he was almost dead set on placing all his bets on Dent.

Last edited:
From the get-go in Begins, it was being set up like an extreme sort of therapy, for both Bruce and the City, and, even in The Dark Knight, he was never fully committed to it. When he still thought Rachel loved him, he was almost dead set on placing all his bets on Dent.

And that's one of the reasons the movies are failures to me. I'll still watch Begins because Bale wasn't an annoying Batman yet and the Dark Knight for the Joker scenes, but Rises was just ridiculous to me. I get that a lot of people like the films and to each their own, but I don't think it's a good representation of Batman at all--not a detective, can't fight, doesn't want to be Batman after one film, talks with marbles in his mouth, etc., etc.

Scroll down to the post by one Jason_G. The Google drives have images of the thumbnails on the character select/showcase screen:

I found placeholder DLC skins in the PC game files - Page 2 - WB Games Community

sorry batfan, but those "leaked images" look totally faked, you know how easy it would be to screenshot character trophies and shop them into the line up? way too easy, it even looks like that's what they did.

https://www.reddit.com/r/BatmanArkh...a_arkham_e_celeb_is_ruining_this_goddamn_sub/ don't believe any leaks unless it's official :lecture

the game files I'd trust though, and who knows the burton/Nolan stuff wasn't even mentioned in there so I'm sure we have more surprises coming.

And that's one of the reasons the movies are failures to me. I'll still watch Begins because Bale wasn't an annoying Batman yet and the Dark Knight for the Joker scenes, but Rises was just ridiculous to me. I get that a lot of people like the films and to each their own, but I don't think it's a good representation of Batman at all--not a detective, can't fight, doesn't want to be Batman after one film, talks with marbles in his mouth, etc., etc.

Totally understandable. I have a pretty general idea of Batman that I adhere to, rather than any specific iteration, so, I tend to be a little more forgiving of areas where people take creative liberties, but I can see how it can be off-putting to some. I grew up with The Animated Series, the Burton/Schumacher films, and '66 re-runs on TV, and, as I went along, I think Batman Beyond, and the ideas behind it, certainly had a lot to do with it, as well.

sorry batfan, but those "leaked images" look totally faked, you know how easy it would be to screenshot character trophies and shop them into the line up? way too easy, it even looks like that's what they did.

https://www.reddit.com/r/BatmanArkh...a_arkham_e_celeb_is_ruining_this_goddamn_sub/ don't believe any leaks unless it's official :lecture

the game files I'd trust though, and who knows the burton/Nolan stuff wasn't even mentioned in there so I'm sure we have more surprises coming.

I did see a lot of those listed in those game files, but I do think I was quick to believe it because, to be honest, I want to. Who wouldn't want to dual play as the '66 Batman and Robin?:lol

:lol believe me bud I wanna believe it too! take em' with a grain of salt, most of them aren't even loaded on those pics. they're just in the thumbnail, why wouldn't he wait another .5 seconds to snap a screenshot of the entire skin?

Wow - LOTS of people here are drinking the Nolan Haterade :lol

It's cool you guys like Burton -- I do too. It's just so damn curious to me that there is so much active vitriol toward the Nolan Batman. Usually when I don't like something --- even when I really, really dislike it... I don't spend that much effort putting it down, at most -- I'd just kind of ignore it. Like the Batman & Robin films may be my most hated interpretation of Batman--- ever, but hey, I don't continuously slam it. Actually, now I have a kind of general apathy about it, as opposed to focused antipathy.

But different folks, different strokes I guess. :wink1:

I'm curious about what stirs such passion in you guys?

Is it because the Nolan trilogy has been such a big critical, commercial, and popular success?

Is it because all these years later -- when we know there will NEVER be another Nolanverse Batman movie -- you're still pissed off by the rabid Heath Joker fans of 2008?

Is it because the 89 Batman holds such a high spot in your nostalgia that you've already made up your mind that there can never be another Batman interpretation that could approach it, much less exceed it?

Do you feel personally threatened that others don't share your opinion or that others have the gall to geniunely believe Nolan's Batman (or any other version) is the best? Is it because in your opinion the movies are overrated by so many so you've got to "cut them down to size"?

What motivates this?

Answer if you like, or don't -- it's mostly rhetorical, and just really interesting to me. Because I definitely notice the love for the Keaton skins and Batmobile-- and that's GREAT -- as I said before, I like the Keaton version too. (and spent countless hours building the 3D model in my sig btw -- if that's not a hardcore Burton fanatic, I don't know what is).

:lol believe me bud I wanna believe it too! take em' with a grain of salt, most of them aren't even loaded on those pics. they're just in the thumbnail, why wouldn't he wait another .5 seconds to snap a screenshot of the entire skin?

Because he doesn't actually have the skin -- the 3D character DLC file isn't actually downloaded yet (because it hasnt been released) so the game just displays the last skin that it had rendered. This is someone that unlocked the available files that shipped with the game, which is probably just the thumbnail images (static, non-3D) and the text describing the Batsuit. So he unlocks those menu files -- but without actually having the DLC on his machine yet-- of course he can't show it.

Wow - LOTS of people here are drinking the Nolan Haterade :lol

It's cool you guys like Burton -- I do too. It's just so damn curious to me that there is so much active vitriol toward the Nolan Batman. Usually when I don't like something --- even when I really, really dislike it... I don't spend that much effort putting it down, at most -- I'd just kind of ignore it. Like the Batman & Robin films may be my most hated interpretation of Batman--- ever, but hey, I don't continuously slam it. Actually, now I have a kind of general apathy about it, as opposed to focused antipathy.

But different folks, different strokes I guess. :wink1:

Is it because the Nolan trilogy has been such a big critical, commercial, and popular success?

Is it because all these years later -- when we know there will NEVER be another Nolanverse Batman movie -- you're still pissed off by the rabid Heath Joker fans of 2008?

Is it because the 89 Batman holds such a high spot in your nostalgia that you've already made up your mind that there can never be another Batman interpretation that could approach it, much less exceed it?

Do you feel personally threatened that others don't share your opinion or that others have the gall to geniunely believe Nolan's Batman (or any other version) is the best? Is it because in your opinion the movies are overrated by so many so you've got to "cut them down to size"?

What motivates this?

Answer if you like, or don't -- it's mostly rhetorical, and just really interesting to me. Because I definitely notice the love for the Keaton skins and Batmobile-- and that's GREAT -- as I said before, I like the Keaton version too. (and spent countless hours building the 3D model in my sig btw -- if that's not a hardcore Burton fanatic, I don't know what is).

Except for Clooney's Batman, I've enjoyed every live action Batman so far. I just can't understand how someone can say that Bale's version was unfaithful while singing praise to Keaton's version, I always laugh when I see that. If Ben Affleck knocks it out the park as Batman like I expect him to, then I'm sure the Keaton fans will start picking his Batman apart next.

Last edited:
Mainly because Trolan is a pretentious ****** who thinks he's smarter than he is.

Plus the Bale voice is just ridiculous, there's been so many parodies that I can't take the films seriously now.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Wow - LOTS of people here are drinking the Nolan Haterade

But different folks, different strokes I guess.

What motivates this?

https://i1170.photobucket.com/albums/r527/NYBowser/DarkMagic_sig.jpg

Because to me, Nolan destroyed Batman and what he's suppose to be. I loved Batman Begins and Dark Knight, then Rises just completely ruined the whole franchise for me. Batman retiring after fighting for a few years right at the beginning of Rises. Revealing his identity to people and being far too trusting too soon. But the biggest problem for me was when he gave up being Batman and passed it to "Robin" John Blake (which was a stupid "revelation" that John is Robin in the first place). This is NOT the Batman I know, to quit.

If anyone knows Batman, they know how obsessed he is about the mantle. Batman is the real person and Bruce Wayne is like the alter ego. It's what he lives for. As long as he is alive, he would never stop being Batman. So for the Nolan Bat to give up the mantle and entrust everything to "Robin" is just ridiculous. Batman trained throughout his entire life to be the Bat and for him to just give it up to the untrained Blake (I know he's a cop, but it's not on the same level of training to be THE Batman) makes absolutely no sense. Not to mention, how much does he really know about Blake? He barely met him and he gave up his entire secret to him? As good as the first 2 Nolan Batman movies were, the 3rd one destroyed the entire Nolan Batman universe for me and I can never look at that particular iteration of Batman the same ever again.

Mainly because Trolan is a pretentious ****** who thinks he's smarter than he is.

Plus the Bale voice is just ridiculous, there's been so many parodies that I can't take the films seriously now.

so you can't watch movies when there's too many parodies of it?

man esb must be torcher for you

But, you don't see anyone's Batman voice being made fun of, except Bale's...

It wasn't distracting in Begins at all, which is why it's better than the rest of the trilogy.

"YOU'LL BE PEANUT BUTTER AND JELLY FOREVER!"

Back