Batman: Arkham Knight – 1/6th scale Batman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If they do release the Joker I really hope they don't use the ill-looking one. I want him to have like the 1st game. No Titan Formula one. (perhaps 2 headsculpts?/exclusive?)

mark_hamill_joker_batman_arkham_asylum.jpg

The fabric of the Batman's 'pants' look pretty fragile though. I hope it doesn't crease easily.

If they do release the Joker I really hope they don't use the ill-looking one. I want him to have like the 1st game. No Titan Formula one. (perhaps 2 headsculpts?/exclusive?)

View attachment 313496

The fabric of the pants look pretty fragile though. I hope it doesn't crease easily.

That pic is really old. If they ever release it, it'll have an update pants for sure. Dont worry. And I agree with u about his headsculpt :hi5:

I knew it, I knew it, I ******ing knew it. I knew they were doing an Arkham Knight Batman. I'm surprised they took this long though.

Oh well, preordering it.

They have always intended to do more. But between slow sales on the first and the bvs film and how WB likes to manage the batman property hot toys put it to the back burner till they had a chance to get going on it. Joker is still very possible.

I am always fascinated with the behind the scenes aspect of this hobby. Is DC fairly difficult when it comes to managing their licensing with Batman?

I am always fascinated with the behind the scenes aspect of this hobby. Is DC fairly difficult when it comes to managing their licensing with Batman?

No one works behind the scenes save for darklorddave. It's all guess work from everyone here. As you can see how there's SO much batman merchandise out there, I'd say no, DC isn't difficult at all. It all comes down to is how much people are willing to pay for the license as well as exclusivity.

You know, I do hope they gut down the shine on the grey cloth parts. It's not that shiny in the game. It still looks amazing though.

There aren't any insiders currently posting in this thread. Take what you read with a grain of salt.

Pretty good looking figure. No need to order right away for me since it's a year + out until release. I also don't know if I will want to pay the $249.00 (my guess). Maybe with points.

Yeah, this is all just speculation.

I have heard repeated that Disney is very particular about their licensing, but I've never heard anything about DC/Warner Bros.

I don't give a ****. Maybe it makes me tacky as a Las Vegas Showgirl, with no sense for design, but I like this costume, and that's okay, because, at the end of the day, it all comes down to personal preference. Do I like the AC costume more? Yes. And, hell, if we had any shot, I would buy the hell out of the V7 suit DiFabio posted, as it's the perfect balance between old and new, but, in a lot of ways, I think it's the things that people think are terrible about the design that make it such a cool figure.

The Arkham City suit is still probably the best, but the physics of that suit are much less forgiving in our world than in a virtual one, and, while the look is pretty damn accurate, you simply aren't going to be able to make that figure do a backflip over a Joker goon. You probably won't be able to do that with this one, either, but, in a series where you are almost constantly in motion, it's nice to be getting a figure that can be put into a gliding pose, for instance, and, to a large degree, that's possible because of the segmented multi-textured design of the suit.

I don't give a ****. Maybe it makes me tacky as a Las Vegas Showgirl, with no sense for design, but I like this costume, and that's okay, because, at the end of the day, it all comes down to personal preference. Do I like the AC costume more? Yes. And, hell, if we had any shot, I would buy the hell out of the V7 suit DiFabio posted, as it's the perfect balance between old and new, but, in a lot of ways, I think it's the things that people think are terrible about the design that make it such a cool figure.

The Arkham City suit is still probably the best, but the physics of that suit are much less forgiving in our world than in a virtual one, and, while the look is pretty damn accurate, you simply aren't going to be able to make that figure do a backflip over a Joker goon. You probably won't be able to do that with this one, either, but, in a series where you are almost constantly in motion, it's nice to be getting a figure that can be put into a gliding pose, for instance, and, to a large degree, that's possible because of the segmented multi-textured design of the suit.

Haha dude why am I sensing an apologetic kinda post? It's ok to like this look, no ones gonna say **** about you for liking it. Hell I love this look. We already had batman with a classic look for two games, and with nolans batmans popularity and AK being the follow up to arkham origins, it's only natural for rocksteady to give him the redesign we see here.

And as much as I love the arkham games (pt 1 and 2, haven't played 3 yet), the outfit he wears always felt....uncomfortable. I think my issue with it comes from the design of the cowl. It just looks sooooo unnatural , tight and uncomfortable to wear. The premier CG trailer for AC looked awesome and lifelike, but when batman shows up, it just felt like Bruce couldnt wait to take off the cowl. The cowl he wears in AK, to me at least, looks like it's more comfortable.

I wish I was completely satisfied with the AC figure...but that rubber suit is flat out awful. It's a shame more TLC wasn't given to it.

Really? They keep moving Batman closer and closer to Iron Man and Anime territory. Visually, I don't think it does Batman any favors. Just wait until Justice League: Apokolips. If people think "nite-owl" Batman looks ridiculous, just wait until they see the new Armored Batman suit. The anime looking armor and his crab vehicle look awful.

Remember the design principle "KISS" (keep it simple stupid).

Batman's costume in Arkham City was perfect (along with that V7 suit). The BvS/Suicide Squad Affleck suit is perfect. I don't get this desire to make Batman look like this paneled mess. It's like what they've done with Transformers and the new Power Rangers. It is tacky looking. :lol

derpy.jpg
IMG_4968.JPG

It's the equivalence of what artists did in the 90s where everything had pouches, leg ammo and tactical crap to signify that it was realistic and cool. It's just dumb looking. Everything should have a balance. Batman doesn't need to look like his car with frivolous lines and jagged edges.

Every time I think the whole "urban", "tactical" Arkham Knight aesthetic trend is about to die, Prime 1 releases another AK statue or something like this pops up.

It's the same deal with the movies. Leto Joker is just like this Batman. Ridiculously over designed with no real purpose or intention. Instead of having a cybernetic cowl, or rubbery plates on him, he's got tattoos. It's like modern artists throw their hands up and say "**** it, everything has been done before, let's just throw everything into it, including the kitchen sink".

I doubt we ever see a Batman that isn't armored up, or a Joker that isn't covered in bling, or a dirty Penguin that is far from dapper, a Two-Face that isn't "gritty" with burned up clothes or a Riddler that isn't cyber punk.

it's nice to be getting a figure that can be put into a gliding pose, for instance, and, to a large degree, that's possible because of the segmented multi-textured design of the suit.

Don't count your chickens before they hatch. Remember how deceiving their promo pics can be . . .

not as advertised.jpg

Poses they can't do, paint finishes they don't actually have, etc.

Last edited:
I'm not a fan of this suit. Too far removed from my idea of Batman. That said, I love, love, love the accessories. The pop-up Oracle window is awesome, and the figure also comes with many bells and whistles that should have been included with the Arkham City version. Why that one didn't come with his full arsenal from his own game, I'll never understand (aside from Hot Toys being cheap.)

I also hate the stand. The oval stands are almost a must-have for me these days as space is quickly becoming an issue in my detolfs. Plus, it gives the figure a simpler, maquette quality that the elaborate stands with the cheap backdrops don't offer. The focus is on the figure, not on cheap cardboard props.

Overall, I'm on the fence on this one. Arkham City Batman is nice, but maybe my least favorite of my Hot Toys collection. I love the Arkham games, but I'd much rather my Hot Toys collection focus on movie and TV properties. (Especially vintage properties...)

Not a bad looking figure but if I decide to get it I'll probably wait for a while to pre-order. If they revealed a Joker to go with him I'd probably go for them both right away though.

They should do a Nöel version based on the Arkham games, like prime 1 did. Imagine that.

This definitely isn't my favourite batman suit, it's far from my favourite Arkham suit, even (origins is no.1) but I'm definitely buying it.

I also hate the stand. The oval stands are almost a must-have for me these days as space is quickly becoming an issue in my detolfs. Plus, it gives the figure a simpler, maquette quality that the elaborate stands with the cheap backdrops don't offer. The focus is on the figure, not on cheap cardboard props.

Yup.

I want to know where this idea of theirs originated from, this whole "lets throw in a cardboard backdrop". I know they've been using backdrops for years (the Godfather, Princess Leia, Mime Joker, Tony Stark, Indiana Jones, etc.), I'm not talking about those, I'm talking about these new base ones with the vertical, rectangular printout. I think it started with the Rogue One figures, but my question is why? Does anyone actually like them/use them?

My guess is that it's photographers, it gives them a backdrop kind of like Hot Toys does with their specs/pics. It's a neat idea, but photographers do their own backgrounds, whether it's their computer screen or a physical printout. You Besides, you just know in a year or two they're going to drop the whole idea in favor of some other gimmick. It's like their releases aren't consistent anymore. The oval bases used to be like their trademark and it was consistent for every release unless it was a DX figure, then they got the special light up square. Even around the MMS Reeve Superman, they gave collectors the choice between two. Then they just stopped it and started doing what they're doing now.

They should do a Nöel version based on the Arkham games, like prime 1 did. Imagine that.

That would be awesome. That's the thing, there are so many great skins they could do that were cooler than the actual Arkham Knight suit that you just know Hot Toys will never touch.

Back