Batman and Joker Life Size Busts (Custom Keaton and Nicholson by Mike Hill)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those look great! The paint is crazy good. I'm a huge 89 Bats fan so I would have loved to seen an accurate eye color on Keaton but it doesn't detract much from the awesomeness of it.

I'm not really feeling the batman, but the nicholson is insane!

Have to kinda agree. That Batman is really nice, the paint is great, but I feel something is slightly off about it, no offense. Maybe it's the shape of the cowl. I personally prefer the Howard S. bust. Still a fantastic piece. Love the Joker, Congrats.

Last edited:
Fantastic pieces, both of them. Esp the paint apps.
Havent seen the movie in ages, but were the "bat ears" really that tall?? Never the less this is stellar work.

Hi guys:

Thanks for all the compliments and comments, and yes, the ones who disagree with whether it is a great sculpt or not.

This is part of what this forum is about, sharing thoughts and opinions in a constructive way, with a good funny every once in a while. It breathes another dimension of life.

The Howard S Batman Keaton: I am planning on getting this one too. What I really like about the Howard S one over the Mike Hill one is the fact it has more shoulder and a bit of the cape drooping. So, if I was to display by the Iron Man Bust, the Howard S one would hold it's own for height and volume. For the Mike Hill one, I have to get it raised, maybe even with granite, or display in a different way.

From what I have read the Mike Hill one is more accurate to Keaton likeness. As for this statement, when I get a Howard S one I will post pics of both and we can really get into some debate with great depth. From what I have seen in pics ONLY, the Hill has the better likeness, but we will see when I get my hands on a superbly painted HS one.

The ears, yes, they really are about that high. This bust has caught the attention of many people.

One note on the Joker: Both my wife and I feel it is not exactly life size. It is a tiny bit smaller, and again because of the lack of more shoulders that makes it look smaller in this case.

Right now they are great to look at, they are so life like.

Mike Hill does an awesome job. (Also Howard S.) I also agree about the Batman slant. I'm jealous though because mine doesn't look that real.(Pics below) I really want to do the glass eyes eventually and have them painted/repainted by a pro. I also want to use one of these Batman Busts on my 6 Returns foot statue I've been working on but don't want to sacrifice my good one.

Man you both have beautiful busts guys. I hope they one day become available to the rest of us who cant afford custom pieces

Mike Hill does an awesome job. (Also Howard S.) I also agree about the Batman slant. I'm jealous though because mine doesn't look that real.(Pics below) I really want to do the glass eyes eventually and have them painted/repainted by a pro. I also want to use one of these Batman Busts on my 6 Returns foot statue I've been working on but don't want to sacrifice my good one.

Awesome man. The Catwoman is hot, is it 1:1?

Mike Hill does amazing work. He's about the best sculptor working today that I've seen.

Batman, Keaton, by Mike Hill

CustomBatmanBustLSMikeHill001.jpg

if you wanna be accurate, this is wrong, because that is a Returns cowl with a Batman '89 batemblem

these however are still my favorites I've seen so far
BatmanBust.jpg

and this is a correct '89 Batman with correct batemblem
Baaatfinal.jpg

if you wanna be accurate, this is wrong, because that is a Returns cowl with a Batman '89 batemblem

these however are still my favorites I've seen so far

and this is a correct '89 Batman with correct batemblem

Riko, I remember checking these out before I bought for the accuracies. It depends which movie I thought, as they were a bit different.

Hi guys:

Thanks for all the compliments and comments, and yes, the ones who disagree with whether it is a great sculpt or not.

This is part of what this forum is about, sharing thoughts and opinions in a constructive way, with a good funny every once in a while. It breathes another dimension of life.

The Howard S Batman Keaton: I am planning on getting this one too. What I really like about the Howard S one over the Mike Hill one is the fact it has more shoulder and a bit of the cape drooping. So, if I was to display by the Iron Man Bust, the Howard S one would hold it's own for height and volume. For the Mike Hill one, I have to get it raised, maybe even with granite, or display in a different way.

From what I have read the Mike Hill one is more accurate to Keaton likeness. As for this statement, when I get a Howard S one I will post pics of both and we can really get into some debate with great depth. From what I have seen in pics ONLY, the Hill has the better likeness, but we will see when I get my hands on a superbly painted HS one.

The ears, yes, they really are about that high. This bust has caught the attention of many people.

One note on the Joker: Both my wife and I feel it is not exactly life size. It is a tiny bit smaller, and again because of the lack of more shoulders that makes it look smaller in this case.

Very nice Hill bust. I have the Keaton bust (Howard)--have had it a few years now. I can post pics if anyone is interested.

Back