Batman and History of the Batsuit Infographic

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DarkMagic

Super Freak
Reaction score
batman-infographic.jpg

This is pretty cool. Most of the well-known batsuits are represented.

That's pretty cool, for someone that's just getting into the DC universe I find that actually helpful!

Very cool!! :clap

I have to say - I'm a fan of a few different looks, but my ultimate faves will always be the Neal Adams era Batman, & Keaton of course. :)

That is super awesome.

But there is one thing, there is a change between the batsuit gauntlet in Arkham Asylum and Arkham City.

screenlg16.jpg

ARKHAM ASYLUM

batman_arkham_city_xbox_360_wallpaper.jpg

ARKHAM CITY

And I really wish the armored suit in Arkham Asylum is included in the diagram coz it does look good.
4672375123_a699186dfc.jpg

Last edited:
That is super awesome.

But there is one thing, there is a change between the batsuit gauntlet in Arkham Asylum and Arkham City.

screenlg16.jpg

ARKHAM ASYLUM

batman_arkham_city_xbox_360_wallpaper.jpg

ARKHAM CITY

And I really wish the armored suit in Arkham Asylum is included in the diagram coz it does look good.
4672375123_a699186dfc.jpg

Also, the chest symbol is different.

I don't like that this guy sticks completely to his own art-style, rather than at least trying to emulate certain aspects of the original styles.

The problem is that some Bat-suits really were created - and only rendered - using one art-style, which is a huge part of the character, form, and function of that suit. For instance, the Azrael Bat-suit is MUCH bulkier than other Bat-suits.

Part of that is the original art-style, but no matter who was rendering it, it always had that bulkiness. And that was an important part of the suit. To show the colors and general shapes of the suit without the bulkiness is to lose so much of what it was.

The same applies for some of the other suits there, too.

That is super awesome.

ARKHAM ASYLUM

ARKHAM CITY

Also, the chest symbol is different.

I think his belt's different too.

Because these small changes are SOOOO significant. :dunno

Because these small changes are SOOOO significant. :dunno

Haha...I agree, those changes aren't that significant, but he does pass them off as the same suit, while simultaneously labeling several other suits that are very similar to each with more specificity...a slightly different shade of grey, a slightly different symbol or cowl, or belt and it is a "different" suit. Nothing wrong with criticizing his inconsistency.

I don't like that this guy sticks completely to his own art-style, rather than at least trying to emulate certain aspects of the original styles.

The problem is that some Bat-suits really were created - and only rendered - using one art-style, which is a huge part of the character, form, and function of that suit. For instance, the Azrael Bat-suit is MUCH bulkier than other Bat-suits.

Part of that is the original art-style, but no matter who was rendering it, it always had that bulkiness. And that was an important part of the suit. To show the colors and general shapes of the suit without the bulkiness is to lose so much of what it was.

The same applies for some of the other suits there, too.

I agree. I suspect he did this for the ease of having one template to change the details on, rather than having to draw dozens of different Batmen. Even so, I would have preferred he worked with a more traditional semi-realistic comic-style anatomy for the default figure.

Back