BATMAN 3, or other DC film projects?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What would you rather have in the next five years?

• Nolan's BATMAN 3, please!

Votes: 35 81.4%
  • Give me WONDER WOMAN, GREEN ARROW, GREEN LANTERN, and FLASH first!

Votes: 8 18.6%

• Total voters
Penguin can be used as a mob boss or some such on the same level as Scarecrow. Bane would prolly be to silly as would poison ivy. But Catwoman would be interesting.

I would say Penguin too, but Nolan himself said that he was too far fetched.

Last edited:
Penguin was only farfetched in Burton's world and in the some of the TAS images. In the Comics hes been played as a standard human with a elongated nose and short stubby stature where he resembled a penguin but not really was one or was really looking like one. Nolan could do it if he wanted and make it believable as a Mob Boss as he has been done in the comics.

penguin.jpg
batfeind9.jpg
DetectiveComics824b.jpg

I don't see what's so interesting about the penguin. Always thought it was a rather lame character design, and even lamer when I think of his origins and inspiration.

He is a classic nostalgic character and I'd be interested in what he does with the character (Nolan)

I'd love to see Nolan's take on Selina, even though she was my favorite part of Batman Returns. Like Bale's Bruce, a sane and strong Selina would be a great foil. And the love interest would add dimension to the film. I don't know how much Two-Face is in TDK, but I can't believe that his story is resolved. So he could be the jeopardy in 3.

If you take the crazy umbrella weapons and sillyness away from the Penguin and try to play him straight, he's just a boring little fat dude.

Batman without a doubt. Batman is the only superhero I got into.

If you take the crazy umbrella weapons and sillyness away from the Penguin and try to play him straight, he's just a boring little fat dude.

I agree. I love burtons interpretation of the Penguin and happy for him to be left alone.

I know most won’t agree with me but Batman Returns is my favourite Batman movie. Well it ties with Begins but I still lean towards Returns (Haven't seen TDK yet)

Black Mask would make a great mob boss in the next Batman film, but I think we'd need someone else as a main villain. Bring on Batman 3!!! Dark Knight will be tough to follow up though.

Black Mask would make a great mob boss in the next Batman film, but I think we'd need someone else as a main villain. Bring on Batman 3!!! Dark Knight will be tough to follow up though.

They could use Penguin and Black Mask as two warring mob bosses trying to get control of Gotham with Batman in the middle.

Strictly speaking I'd prefer the poll not to be an "either or" because I'd like to see both Batman 3 by Nolan and more DC Superhero films, but Batman 3 done by Nolan, Bale and co would be my preference. I also agree with what someone else mentioned earlier in this thread, I'd like to see Nolan tackle some of the villains that haven't been seen in previous films. Still, I suppose only the strongest comic book villains can carry a whole movie.

How about all of them as long as they're made with the same care and seriousness as Batman and not like Marvel did with their characters?

give me both....with TKK being the grand slam of the summer why wouldn't DC try to re-emerge again??? i'd like the Flash, Green Lanter....and definitely Batman 3 to hit the screen.

I'd like to see GL get the big screen treatment next. If it's not done right though it'll be one of the cheezyest movies in history.

After watchmen DC should never ever do another movie again.Lame characters...:monkey3

After seeing TDK I want Batman 3 before anything else. I'm interested to see where Nolan goes although if they really do justice to the Green Lantern I think the films could just as inspiring.

Back