1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

It’s some sort of chemical reaction that occurred between the plastic tires and the coffee table I had it displayed on. It sat there for like two years straight. When I moved it, there were tire marks “melted” into the coffee table and that shiny residue on the tires. I couldn’t believe it. Heart breaking, but at least it’s out of sight (being only on the underside of the tires).
I’m open to ideas of what to clean it off with. Can anyone help?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who makes your coffee table dude, Axis Chemicals?

Re: Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Who makes your coffee table dude, Axis Chemicals?

[emoji23]
I had to dispose of the coffee table. Here’s a pic of the method used:
cb05fac0d1471b42af352b15e03068af.jpg

Do any of you make custom figures DC FILMS, SELL THEM BY EBAY? if so, they pass me the link. can you pass the forum link where they show their custom?
hug
Pablo

Ya know, every time I see this thread I moan and complain that I bought this on impulse and it takes up too much space, etc etc.

But yesterday I was giving it a cleaning (dusting with a microfiber cloth as gently as possible) and I just took a moment to appreciate it. It really is effing spectacular looking.

And seeing as how Hot Toys seems to indicate they're done with 1/6 vehicles, maybe it's worth hanging on to after all. It's been in the corner of my room for so many years now, I think I'd miss seeing it if it were gone.

It really is gorgeous, man. I just wish I had a Batman figure from the waist up only I could get behind the wheel.

Ya know, every time I see this thread I moan and complain that I bought this on impulse and it takes up too much space, etc etc.

But yesterday I was giving it a cleaning (dusting with a microfiber cloth as gently as possible) and I just took a moment to appreciate it. It really is effing spectacular looking.

And seeing as how Hot Toys seems to indicate they're done with 1/6 vehicles, maybe it's worth hanging on to after all. It's been in the corner of my room for so many years now, I think I'd miss seeing it if it were gone.

It really is gorgeous, man. I just wish I had a Batman figure from the waist up only I could get behind the wheel.

I think that everyone on this forum experienced this feeling once. That’s right, the 1989 Batmobile is huge, heavy, fragile and useless. But this is the 1989 Batmobile!
The one! It is so impressive and cool.
Me too once i thought selling it but never could. And i think i would have regret it...
The secret is to display it properly as it deserves.
It is not the case for me for the moment but i hope one day i’ll have my room to display all my «*toys*»

How regret to have bought this beauty when you realize today that it could have never see the light of day like the 66 one. Finally we are lucky!

Thanks!
Yeah that was the only thing that really needed to fix.
If the silver used on the prototype was pretty well, the one used on the final product was way too light.
So, as i decided to fix it, i went to «*the screen accurate*» and not «*movie accurate*» way, i chose the dark finish like the Batmobile at night time!
But honestly, in person, changed everything and the whole perception of the proportions of the car. Seemed magically less bulky and much more curvy and sleek like the real car.

The 1989 Batmobile for Michael Keaton was painted in a flip-flop color from Japan I just can't remember if it was flip flop black but probably so that information came out of the builders and Painters own mouth for the movie

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

The flip flop black paint color for Michael Keaton's Batmobile is the correct color it was a paint sheen from Japan of which I am still trying to find that particular color.. but that is why the Batmobile seem to have a color shift.., painted in a semi gloss black flip flop color.. not flat black or gloss black but semi-gloss black and it is a beautiful beautiful color this is what gave it that bluish brownish color under lighting.. just one paint color of flip flop paint in black.. still investigating what color flip flop black..

My other issue is Michael Keaton's utility belt because it is not yellow.. and nothing was spoken about the color of his utility belt by the builders and designers and Painters of his Batmobile.. but I'm thinking that if they used a flip-flop color for the Batmobile they probably used the same for the built but in different color and that is the question.. what was the true movie accurate color of his belt and what colors were used to achieve that color..???
c1259b7c3c0de75f7f9cf189a3596b2e.jpg
1210dccdf2017cfe1c0a76759087d2a3.jpg

I got this 1989 utility belt made by Stacey Prop you show.
I think this is the most accurate belt you can find. In person the color is very complex. Yellow, gold, you can also find some green and bronze accents.

On the HT Batmobile, even if détails went wrong from the prototype to the final product, the general black paint job was really improved from a basic mat black to a deeper semi-gloss black with metallic accents that is for me preatty accurate.

But was the belt painted yellow gold Pearl metallic or and opaque yellow gold with no pearl or metallic pigments.. and I too will be purchasing one of his belts it does seem to be the most movie accurate.. as for the Batmobile the color that they painted Michael Keaton's Batmobile what is a flip flop black with blue and brown mixed in the paint , that color was made in Japan... and was painted in a semi gloss.. which allowed you to see the color shifting in the car's paint color.. and that is the color I will be painting my Hot Wheels collectible Batmobile of both Batman and Batman Returns

This is a picture of the utility belt that I painted for my collectible but will be trained two different colors next but so far this is the result of the first mix of colors
cb13e585aac0bd9d13acf5e19f87d27a.jpg

And here is another picture of the same belt for my Batman collectible of Michael Keaton's utility belt
aed36b734fe3da2528493ab922f832c4.jpg

I feel like I need this in my life. I asked 2 women hoping they’d be the voice of reason, but they think I need it too.

I’m doomed.

Back