1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't :lol Not usually anyway. It can be an exercise in frustration just doing the smooth surfaces as you can see more dust landing on it while you're dusting it let alone trying to get into those vents.

I don't :lol Not usually anyway. It can be an exercise in frustration just doing the smooth surfaces as you can see more dust landing on it while you're dusting it let alone trying to get into those vents.

It might be overkill, but I'm using Meguiars' microfiber cloth. This thing is a mega dust magnet, and that did the job and keeps it shiny too.

I'm using the small cloths that came with DX13. Not sure they're totally non-scratching though. I do see micro-scratches on the liquid metal T-1000 statue and the Batmobile.

I'm using the small cloths that came with DX13. Not sure they're totally non-scratching though. I do see micro-scratches on the liquid metal T-1000 statue and the Batmobile.

Uh oh, I hope I'm wrong but I think those are meant for smooth slippery surfaces, hence why I used a premium microfiber since they're non-abrasive. Again, hope I'm wrong!

Do you have any scratches on it? I'm getting a case made by the end of the month, I really don't wanna spend hours cleaning it!

I don’t have my Batmobile in a case, and I’ve never dusted it. I keep the shield on top as a dust cover and only uncover it to show it off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t have my Batmobile in a case, and I’ve never dusted it. I keep the shield on top as a dust cover and only uncover it to show it off.

Does the shield have potential to scratch it?

Tons, if i ever resell mine, it looks horrible, i kept it like that and the kids touched jt too much, something i regret, dust gets on the vehicle still but it was mitigated for anwhile

Tons, if i ever resell mine, it looks horrible, i kept it like that and the kids touched jt too much, something i regret, dust gets on the vehicle still but it was mitigated for anwhile

I figured as much, I was suspicious about the shields potentially scratching the car since the first day I got it, I'd rather cover it with a sheet or something.

Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

As far as I can see, mine has zero scratches from the shield. I know that other member says his got scratched up, but I’m guessing his is from the initial release. See, when they first released this, apparently the material lining the shield was damaging the vehicle during shipping. I think it was like a styrofoam or something. I’ve seen pics, and it looks horrible. Mine however, is from a later batch that I bought from Japan. It was sort of a rerelease several months after initially selling out. My shield came with very soft foam (similar to what DX figures come packed with) glued inside at all contact points with the vehicle. It slides smoothly off and on without the plastic ever touching the Batmobile. It’s prestine.
Did yours come with soft grey foam glued inside the shield?
Does anyone know if I could lock the wheels?

The back wheels should already have a lock in place. You have to remove or break the lock if you want it to roll. If you try rolling it without first removing the lock, you may damage the rear wheel where the lock is located. It may hold been removed by the original owner though.

Last edited:
Re: Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

As far as I can see, mine has zero scratches from the shield. I know that other member says his got scratched up, but I’m guessing his is from the initial release. See, when they first released this, apparently the material lining the shield was damaging the vehicle during shipping. I think it was like a styrofoam or something. I’ve seen pics, and it looks horrible. Mine however, is from a later batch that I bought from Japan. It was sort of a rerelease several months after initially selling out. My shield came with very soft foam (similar to what DX figures come packed with) glued inside at all contact points with the vehicle. It slides smoothly off and on without the plastic ever touching the Batmobile. It’s prestine.
Did yours come with soft grey foam glued inside the shield?

The back wheels should already have a lock in place. You have to remove or break the lock if you want it to roll. If you try rolling it without first removing the lock, you may damage the rear wheel where the lock is located. It may hold been removed by the original owner though.

Yeah, I'm aware of the shield issue. Mine had the foam from the second release.

I bought it used, so the wheel locks were already removed, I was wondering if I could lock it back because I'm getting a case for it anyway.

Re: Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Yeah, I'm aware of the shield issue. Mine had the foam from the second release.

I bought it used, so the wheel locks were already removed, I was wondering if I could lock it back because I'm getting a case for it anyway.

Ok. You might be able to rig it with a nut and screw or something. Here are pics from underneath:
The red lock was screwed in the under carriage at the back wheel here:
a472f29e71604fbaf7b332bc3c351d2e.jpg

Here is a close up of where that red piece catches the wheel:
aa77550101604b6f090aa2a6d456d59c.jpg

Man oh man we've got the spam bots invading. Buy from COMICAVE

Also what happened to your tyres man, did you drive over some glue
a472f29e71604fbaf7b332bc3c351d2e.jpg

Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Also what happened to your tyres man, did you drive over some glue
View attachment 422165
It’s some sort of chemical reaction that occurred between the plastic tires and the coffee table I had it displayed on. It sat there for like two years straight. When I moved it, there were tire marks “melted” into the coffee table and that shiny residue on the tires. I couldn’t believe it. Heart breaking, but at least it’s out of sight (being only on the underside of the tires).
I’m open to ideas of what to clean it off with. Can anyone help?

Back