1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

I feel guilty, but I feel this baby needed some deep cleaning.
cbb471b95253245c4c6ef6ba6318e2cc.jpg

Kind of funny he fits better like this than trying it with everything on, another reason I took it apart was me trying to see how easy it would be to make a mod similar to something I saw a couple of years ago here to the leg rest area for him to sit better.

eff89845444ae39e2acfd10d6a4af4f3.jpg

Another reason was to see how hard it would be to add more led's to the dash. My final question is what happens when the LED's finally give out, where do we get the spares?

PD. Great, now my lights won't work at all [emoji24]

Sent from Le iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk - now Free

Re: Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

I feel guilty, but I feel this baby needed some deep cleaning.
cbb471b95253245c4c6ef6ba6318e2cc.jpg

Kind of funny he fits better like this than trying it with everything on, another reason I took it apart was me trying to see how easy it would be to make a mod similar to something I saw a couple of years ago here to the leg rest area for him to sit better.

eff89845444ae39e2acfd10d6a4af4f3.jpg

Another reason was to see how hard it would be to add more led's to the dash. My final question is what happens when the LED's finally give out, where do we get the spares?

PD. Great, now my lights won't work at all [emoji24]

I think you're talking about the mod I did:

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...llectible-Vehicle-Specs-amp-Pics=#post6050676

(the pics are down at the moment, but the basic idea is to carefully saw off the area in front of where the feet rest, without hitting the LED board).

Are you sure you plugged in everything properly and securely when you re-attached the LED cables? I forget if it's wired in circuit or in series -- so if one isn't plugged in right it might affect all the rest in the chain.

I think you're talking about the mod I did:

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...llectible-Vehicle-Specs-amp-Pics=#post6050676

(the pics are down at the moment, but the basic idea is to carefully saw off the area in front of where the feet rest, without hitting the LED board).

Are you sure you plugged in everything properly and securely when you re-attached the LED cables? I forget if it's wired in circuit or in series -- so if one isn't plugged in right it might affect all the rest in the chain.

It was your post that inspired me actually! I just couldn't find it for reference!

I'm talking to a famous led person who does 1/18 scale models like lights and dash, but the problem was shipping the batmobile to him was nearly impossible, then I realized I could just ship the cockpit so he could see what's good.

Do you remember the order that goes on the circuit? Is it possible you could take pictures? I knew jt wasn't working because I just plugged it in whatever, but I'll just have to mess with it a bit more. Next time I'll label each one, so we will see.

440842d5cdb8d0f2f1b8021bef56110e.jpg

The cable got loose!!! Noooo I might strip the copper back and just tie it in, since I have no saucer tools [emoji24]
b18c09c264f860c883609d20462a6d47.jpg

Re: Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Don't worry most leds have a lifespan of between 20, 000 - 50,000 hours. Some can even go up to 100,000. It would take a long time for them to burn out. If you left them on for 10 hours a day it would take 13 years or so to burn them out. Thats how long they last. Most people only turn them on the odd time so all in all they will last a lifetime.

Last edited:

Don't worry most leds have a lifespan of between 20, 000 - 50,000 hours. Some can even go up to 100,000. It would take a long time for them to burn out. If you left them on for 10 hours a day it would take 13 years or so to burn them out. Thats how long they last. Most people only turn them on the odd time so all in all they will last a lifetime.

Cool thanks you so much, I have been using them more to see how use the batteries would get out of them and was worried what if they went out, but I finally got a response from HT regarding replacements since I was trying to get spares just in case:

6b16bd74bb5f16ea4d4af0e97c27e5f5.jpg

I fixed my mistake but reversed the polarity on the cables, all in all it works still and batman fits way better

Thanks DiFabio!!!

c02794fb07437eb12d68c54209a7b1d3.jpg
2db6b1dead361ae1e6b8dd512b27eade.jpg
b740d945f973084266fdbc8141c938ee.jpg
d237df03092104a15c690bf1b9a359cf.jpg
4eb8943c7dc9e1469988997a198822a0.jpg

For those of you who have the Batmobile. I recently purchase one from a fellow collector brand new and just took it back out of the box to properly display it. I was curious if the front right tire/rim comes completely off. I was removing it from the box and the right tire fell completely off :gah:. I don't know if this is normal as it goes right back in but doesn't snap in and it stays loose. Also wanted to know if the back tires are suppose to move/spin. Mines don't rotate. Here are a couple of photo's. Thanks

IMG_0486.JPG

IMG_0487.JPG

IMG_0488.JPG

IMG_0489.JPG

IMG_0490.JPG

IMG_0491.JPG

I've no idea about the removable/magnetic wheel but the rear wheels have a lock on them to stop the car rolling when it's on display.

The switch should be under the car.

For those of you who have the Batmobile. I recently purchase one from a fellow collector brand new and just took it back out of the box to properly display it. I was curious if the front right tire/rim comes completely off. I was removing it from the box and the right tire fell completely off :gah:. I don't know if this is normal as it goes right back in but doesn't snap in and it stays loose. Also wanted to know if the back tires are suppose to move/spin. Mines don't rotate. Here are a couple of photo's. Thanks

View attachment 265011

View attachment 265012

View attachment 265013

View attachment 265014

View attachment 265015

View attachment 265016

The Batmobile is not magnetic.

The lightsaber hilt has the magnet in it which is why it is sticking to the metal pieces of the Batmobile. Tale a paper clip to it and you will see it will not attract. Pretty sure Hot Toys just glues the wheels on. The rear Tumbler wheels fall off of a lot of them. Seems like something that could easily fixed though. It really could be a lot worse.

Honestly the HT Batmobiles are kind of junk in terms of build quality. Pretty sure your standard 1:50 Hot Wheels are better manufactured than any of their cars.

This is from the Tumbler thread

SUCCESS!!! :yess:

I managed to get my loose right wheel back on the axle snug and tight without the wheel falling off!! Both back wheels on my Tumbler are now secure on the axle. The way I did it was to pop off the center cap on the loose right wheel. Here's a picture of the right hub cap and the metal axle nut that secures the wheel to the axle.

Tumbler_wheel_Cap.jpg

Photo of the left wheel with exposed axle nut.

Michael_Cortez_Tumbler_LeftWheelHubCap.jpg

Here's how I got the center hub cap off the loose wheel and secured the wheel back on the axle. First lay the loose wheel on a flat surface and place the tip of a flat head screw driver (or any other hard object that will fit inside the hole on the back of the wheel) directly on the back of the nut inside the wheel. Then take a rubber mallet or hammer and give a couple of forceful taps against the screw driver handle top. Doing so, the force of the hammer against the screw driver will cause the nut to press against the backside of the hub cap which in turn the hub cap will pop off. Also, the nut will fall out of the wheel. From what I could tell, there doesn't seem to be any glue holding the hub caps in place. If there is, it's sparse and not visible. Once I got the hub cap off, I had to pull the exposed axle toward me a little so it could be more flush against the inside of the right wheel to accept the tip of the nut that fits snug inside the hole of the axle. I held a flat tip screw driver against the nut on the opposite left wheel (hub cap came off in the box when delivered) while I pressed and turned the nut into the axle on the right wheel with another flat head screw driver. Now both wheels are snug and tight on the axle. No more loose wheels! :rock

Putting the hub caps back on is not that hard. I just took a screw driver, which I covered the end of the screw driver handle with tape to prevent it from messing up the paint on the hub cap and tapped once and/or twice lightly with a rubber mallet to secure both hub caps back on the wheels.

Thankfully, I don't have to worry about a response from HT CS, which I haven't received yet or contacting CSC for a refund or exchange. Now to find some time to put the wings/flaps on my Tumbler.

I hope this procedure helps others with the loose wheel issue.

My man cave remodel project is (hopefully) going to start in about two weeks. I was able to track down an Ikea Liatorp table to display my Batmobile. It's the white model. But I've planned a nice repaint to highlight the car. So display is finally on the horizon and I can't wait!

Back