1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

I always say it costs less than it did & I sold of a lot of my non hot toys batmen figures to justify to my self the cost of the batmobile. Well worth it too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always say it costs less too, even if it's bought used or already on sale :lol

This pic sums me up pretty good:
o0tsft.jpg

I'm looking for a dustproof way to display my Batmobiles, has anyone tried this Ikea Stuva laid on its side. My understanding is that any of the Besta doors will fit the Stuva cabinet.

STUVA Frame - IKEA

They both should fit right? My only gripe would be that white is the only color option.

How much does this Batmobile sell for nowadays, both for a new one and a used one? I'm only seeing prices of over $1000 on ebay which is crazy to me

Last year, eBay was the same way, but keep your eyes open there. I was checking every day, and occasionally a new auction pops up and lasts only a few days. Nab one of those. I searched eBay using the "sort" button to see "newly listed" every day. After a few months, in June 2015, I saw a new "Buy it now" auction on an unopened HT '89 Batmobile for a price I could afford (after passing on and/or losing several reasonably priced auctions [trying to get the best deal I could]). I was nervous, because it was coming from Hong Kong, but it turned out that shipping was more reasonable than other auctions here within the states. My Batmobile arrived in perfect condition, and is well worth the effort and patience it took to get it.

Niceee.. the premium format 89 Bats looks great next to the Batmobile, u must be dam proud of that wall!!

Beautiful display. I have a similar poster, but mine is actually an assembled framed puzzle that came out in 89. I don't think I ever realized how large that 89 Batman statue is. I wanted to get it, but the turn of the neck really gave me second thoughts. Nitpicky, I know. I might have to pick it up one of these days.

Re: Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

I always say it costs less too, even if it's bought used or already on sale :lol

This pic sums me up pretty good:
o0tsft.jpg
Hahaha

Has anyone tried using a tether cell battery for turning on the lights? I keep mine in a glass cabinet and it's not easy to access the switch. It would be nice to be able to control it with my phone.

Has anyone tried using a tether cell battery for turning on the lights? I keep mine in a glass cabinet and it's not easy to access the switch. It would be nice to be able to control it with my phone.

That would be good!
I don't like leaving batteries in these things tho

Yeah, I wish it had an ac adapter port like the Back to the Future DeLorean. I'd plug it into one of my WEMO switches and turn it on and off that way.

Yes i use it on mine and it works really great, even under a display case!

Just picked up this bad boy from a fellow freak (bambooluv) :hi5: brand new for an awesome price. I love the acrylic glass display idea but went with this instead....

LACK TV unit - black-brown - IKEA

Fits perfectly and also allows room on the side to display a couple of figure....Comes in 3 different colors

That's an awesome collection man. Congrats on the pick up of the batmobile too-it's awesome ain't it?
Only thing that would worry me is you might need to get some sort of glass or acrylic cover for it. It's a dust magnet and does not like being wiped.
It scratches super easy.

That's an awesome collection man. Congrats on the pick up of the batmobile too-it's awesome ain't it?
Only thing that would worry me is you might need to get some sort of glass or acrylic cover for it. It's a dust magnet and does not like being wiped.
It scratches super easy.

Thanks man. Yeah it's awesome. I'm going to keep the shield over it for the time being. When friends come over then I'll remove the shield.
I like the acrylic idea just need to find a shop that can custom make one for a reasonable price.

It scratches super easy.

That it does. I use the cloths provided to clean things like the chrome liquid metal T-1000 statue or 1:4 Endoskeleton but it still manages to pick up scratches.

That it does. I use the cloths provided to clean things like the chrome liquid metal T-1000 statue or 1:4 Endoskeleton but it still manages to pick up scratches.

Maybe you can try using this; I use it for my statues.

Back