1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Regarding the acrylic display case. I tried and they won't ship to the US because of sheer size. They were very friendly, but said they had bad experiences when they've tried in the pass and now they only ship around Europe. Bummer. I really wanted one.

Regarding the acrylic display case. I tried and they won't ship to the US because of sheer size. They were very friendly, but said they had bad experiences when they've tried in the pass and now they only ship around Europe. Bummer. I really wanted one.

Thanks for that info. Any leads on an outfit in the US who does quality custom cases for reasonable prices?

Here's a quick cell phone shot that doesn't do it any justice.
4jtfo8.jpg

I found a guy on Etsy. I had the measurements submitted to him to fit what I was looking for perfectly, but he still has the exact specifications I used up at the following link. This is what I ordered, but he'll do any size you ask and post it on his Etsy for anyone to buy. Here's mine...

https://www.etsy.com/listing/259975...lear-acrylic-table-top?ref=shop_home_active_1

Here's a quick cell phone shot that doesn't do it any justice.
4jtfo8.jpg

Wow, that looks awesome! Do the panels lock together tight so dust won't be an issue? That's one of the main reasons I need something like this. Thanks for the heads-up.

Wondering if they will re-release this like they did with the Tumbler .. Hopefully we get more Batman Returns figures like Catwoman, and Penguin. A set of circus mob figures and henchman would be great too..:)

Tamiya TS 29 ( semi gloss/satin black) for the rims and TS 82 ( mat black rubber) for the sides of the tires because they are in plastic hard and shinnier than the rest of the tire. I wanted to get back a real gum effect for the sides of the tires and have more realism and a contrast with the rims...

I need opinions!
My Batmobile is currently with me in Florida (well technically off the coast of Cuba right now, but on Saturday, Florida). I have repackaged it small enough that I can send it home to the UK via USPS.
(Wish me luck...)
However to get it small enough, I have not included the shield. I wouldn't ever use it anyway so it's not a big deal for me.
Here is the question, is it worth me trying to sell it? Would someone ever buy it without the car itself? How much should I ask for it?
Or should I just trash it? I don't need it but seems wasteful...
Thanks!

Stick it on eBay, guaranteed someone will buy it. Wether there's is damaged or they just want it-someone will buy it.
But the problem you have again is posting it, it's big and too fully protect it from getting bashed in the box is gonna as big as the batmobile itself. That's gonna cost you or the buyer a lot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was my thinking. For the shipping costs, it may not be worth it. It weighs very little but the size is the problem. It's looking like 3 figures for me to send the car home, so for US delivery just for the shield I would expect around $50...
It's in great condition though, no scratches I can see (still has the plastic cover on it) unlike the car itself which was scratched! And I don't like throwing things away that could be used by someone else...

I know the feeling, what about gumtree or Craigslist, it'd b a lot easier if someone could collect it. Iv still got mine, I'm in a remote part of Scotland & no ones close enough to collect but I still haven't thrown it out-seems like a waste to

If you were just going to throw it away anyway, put it on ebay for $1 and let someone pay the shipping costs. SOMEBODY would want it.

Wow, that looks awesome! Do the panels lock together tight so dust won't be an issue? That's one of the main reasons I need something like this. Thanks for the heads-up.

Dust-free. Love this thing. Now I just need to find a way to light it.

I just ordered my custom sora display case from Germany after seeing rondesmo's.
Kudos to him for putting me on to them, there great!
Can't wait for it to arrive now & get it set up with batman returns, some lighting and maybe a cool back drop

Wondering if they will re-release this like they did with the Tumbler .. Hopefully we get more Batman Returns figures like Catwoman, and Penguin. A set of circus mob figures and henchman would be great too..:)

This is my hope. I passed on the original since everyone seemed to be getting scratched versions. If they released it for Returns, it might convert into the Batmissile... or they might just put this back out again and do that one separate.

This is my hope. I passed on the original since everyone seemed to be getting scratched versions. If they released it for Returns, it might convert into the Batmissile... or they might just put this back out again and do that one separate.

I would totally buy a returns version, this Batmobile is my Grail #1 piece.

Back