1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish I had a guaranteed delivery time. I'll probably be sitting around the house all day on Thursday.

Don worry, look at it this way. He will come to you first thing in am so it wont be all over the place when he does his rounds all across your zip code...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Just got my WB confirmation that my next Day Batmobile has shipped from UPS. Still at the "shipping label made" stage with no update though.

This is my last go before I throw in the towel. Expecting the worst, hoping for the best. Here's hoping that the third time is a charm. After all I went from #1 being horribly scratched up and gouged on both sides of the canopy and back to #2 only having slight scratches on only one side. Maybe #3 will be clean?

In this madness I think I'm definitely going to take a pic of all three lined up on a table before packing up and returning whichever ones back.

Just got my WB confirmation that my next Day Batmobile has shipped from UPS. Still at the "shipping label made" stage with no update though.

This is my last go before I throw in the towel. Expecting the worst, hoping for the best. Hopefully the third time is a charm. After all I went from #1 being horribly scratched up and gouged on both sides of the canopy and back to #2 only having slight scratches on only one side. Maybe #3 will be clean?

Same here. #1 had scratch on one side and glue residue on the round window. #2 has one small scuff on the canopy. Hopefully third time will be the charm. If I can at least get a perfect canopy I'll swap it with #2 and send it back. Fingers crossed I'll get a perfect one the third time around.

Mine's at the same stage. :(

It'll change. I literally just received my email. I'm sure it will be updated in an hour or two.

Same here. #1 had scratch on one side and glue residue on the round window. #2 has one small scuff on the canopy. Hopefully third time will be the charm. If I can at least get a perfect canopy I'll swap it with #2 and send it back. Fingers crossed I'll get a perfect one the third time around.

Yup, that's exactly what I'm doing. I'll be cherry picking to make the best one.

Man... In essence you are charging some 2100 on your cc for all of this... Wow... My wife wld divorce me, and i wld plead and just for fun she wld marry me and divorce again... If i were to do this. ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

If that's what it takes just to get a perfect one, so be it. I'm still waiting for a $750 credit from Sideshow. They got my damaged one back a week ago.

Yes. Good Luck to everyone getting this piece soon, i really hope you get this in excellent shape. This piece is beautiful. HT needs to step up to its loyal customers and just produce the stupid canopy and offer a replacement. As much as it would cost them extra, it would save them on the long run from losing too much of their customers.

Just got my Batmobile from BBTS. One very light scratch on the passenger side and that's it. I feel very fortunate to get such a well-maintained piece. Now I just need to find it a home, as it is just living on it's boxes right now.

Just got mines also several minutes ago! I am in the Concord area and UPS rang the door and driver jetted immediately.

Last edited:
I took the plunge, my friend in HK preordered this bad boy when it was first announced through Toy Hunters in HK, I was thinking cool get it first than anybody. Not the case, since it was delivery it took like to the end of July to send it to his house. He got it and had it ready to ship to the states first week of August. BEfore that I told him to inspect it for defects and he said it was good, thinking I was a victim of the scratches or something. No problem. well he calls HK post and they say maximum shipping to US is 2.75m to ship, he panicked because Hot toys Batmobile totals 3.25m. We didn't know what to do, he can't refund it, and can't sell it right now to the US because nearly all orders from China are sent with the no box.

I took the risk and he told me he was going to fold the box and repackage to meet us standards. He managed to get it to measure total to 2.65m and sent it through the mail this past saturday. Via EMS I got it today. Mind you I got over the original black box being cut and redone but hell it got me my batmobile. Low and behold guys, my perfectly flawless batmobile is here and with no problems. I am considerate of taking a lot of pictures and displaying only the ones I like, but I made an exception with this bad boy, pictures cannot describe it's Magesticness.

BTW total ship cost was 190usd, he asked UPS and they told him 800usd to ship it with original size of box, while fed ex was 1,200usd.

Wrapped with green paper, the box and the packaging all top notch!

My Twins next to this thing!

Random pics!!!

Last edited:
I like the Mk.50 detail, it looks so real except we don't need to do head space and timing!!! bahahahaha, I like this detail as usual with HT. Measuring the limits of the Machine guns, I am also surprised that Batman just sat right in no problems at all, I didn't try to mess with the hands that much and was surprised the gears work, my only dissappointment is the regular dash board and lcd screen had no back up lights, I am sure with some mods down the future though, we might!

I could not get the silver rod to come out of the canopy but it took a little man power to wedge it out of there. IT's funny how the entire instructions is totally backwards.

Hopefully you guys did not get bored to death... The one thing that's a bit off is the canopy it does not seat all the way in, but I can deal with that! My childhood dreams just came true!

Awesome pics, and gratz Ropen for getting a perfect Batmobile from HK.

The packaging may not be great, but I really think it's the handling of the package by the delivery guys that is causing the damage. SSC just shipped mine today and the moment of truth will come for me on Monday.

Received my shipping notice from Fedex this morning and my Batmobile replacement is on its way! :rock Feel really great getting a replacement so fast...this car needs to be scratch free or its a massive FAIL...i dont think anyone should be content with having marks on this car regardless of them being just light marks to heavy scratches. You pay a high price for a reason and its not to recieve a defective piece! :lecture

Back