1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But who cares at this price.
For what it is, this isn't really that expensive. And it's still a fantastic display piece.

You must be making 4k+ a month if this isn't that expensive. $700 for a plastic car is cheap?

Come on you dont believe in limited run right? Here is how it works, at pre order stage they keep taking orders, orders enough to gurantee production and not affect other release schedules. The reason it gets sold out is only so much can be produced by these factories in china and also the demand starts trickling down to almost negligible and mind you that is not a limited limited run. They are thousands! The demand drives the so called limited run. I would say limted run if they were numbered and certified etc. the orders are taken as long as they can, post which as demand fades out, some of it is moved to other resellers and there after... SOLD OUT. the reason these gets so expensive is some of the collectors still miss out due to priority, lack of money etc. Its same old, ensure "Zero inventory" thing of manufacturing!

Basically, they dont keep the orders long enough for those 10% laggards to follow and buy. Thats the reason the rates spike up and partly the sold out is also a startegy. Once again anything thats not numbered is not limited run at least in todays times.

You will ask me why would they want to loose out on those 10% laggards... Simple...thats what drives the craze. They are the once who voice it out on how kewl a product they missed. This gurantees excitement in the market!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I totally agree with you that why said kind of limited. I was comparing this with Hot Wheels cars that are produced in the millions vs this that is produced in low thousands.
The more you make of something the cheaper it is to produce. Not saying that is why this is so expensive but i would think it is part of it.

I have to say this and say it again and again. This Batmobile is truly a sight to be seen. In hand, it is EPIC! Pictures and videos can only do so much. The lights, the dashboard, machine guns and the sheer size of this thing is absolutely breathtaking. Every time I look at this, it still speaks WOW to me.

I totally agree with you that why said kind of limited. I was comparing this with Hot Wheels cars that are produced in the millions vs this that is produced in low thousands.
The more you make of something the cheaper it is to produce. Not saying that is why this is so expensive but i would think it is part of it.

For sure, they use the same molded bodies they already have for the figures... doing this car they had to manufacture everything new. With figures it's just the head sculpts, clothes, and accessories. For the Batmobile it's all from scratch, and molds aren't cheaply made... so a lot of the cost comes from that.

You must be making 4k+ a month if this isn't that expensive. $700 for a plastic car is cheap?

You mean 4k after tax right... I am amazed how people say its cheap. Anyone in the mfg industry would know this is fairly easy to produce (compared to the figures / sculpt where supposedly each painter uses his personal time, attention to detail etc) ... It may be a great production however it is very expensive for a plastic car. If the joker 2.0 with all the accesories and diorama can cost in late 200s .. This is very very expensive.

For sure, they use the same molded bodies they already have for the figures... doing this car they had to manufacture everything new. With figures it's just the head sculpts, clothes, and accessories. For the Batmobile it's all from scratch, and molds aren't cheaply made... so a lot of the cost comes from that.

From scratch ... But its just a static mould. Very few limited parts for its size. Once again i am not saying its not good. Its great but way too expensive. The cost of this thing has pretty much made me decide to not buy for the sake of buying. Cancelled the ed 209 as well. will relook at everything above 300 very carefully. i think people just keep saying its huge, its huge... Ofcourse its huge, but that does not justify the cost. Details yes. But again, most of the details can be economically mass produced through a mould. 700 for most parts of US is a one month 1 bedroom rent man!!!

Getting nervous....I just got home from work. UPS has not arrived but tracking shows out for delivery. Will the Batmobile arrive unscathed??? Stay tuned same Bat time same Bat channel :)

Just got my Batmobile from BBTS. One very light scratch on the passenger side and that's it. I feel very fortunate to get such a well-maintained piece. Now I just need to find it a home, as it is just living on it's boxes right now.

Just got my Batmobile from BBTS. One very light scratch on the passenger side and that's it. I feel very fortunate to get such a well-maintained piece. Now I just need to find it a home, as it is just living on it's boxes right now.

That's great to hear.

Smallish details might be possible in 1/6 but i think HT pased them over to keep tooling dollars down- believe it or not even at $700 this thing cost HT a fortune to tool up. Some details missing I can live with- I think overall it is quite a feat...

Smallish details might be possible in 1/6 but i think HT pased them over to keep tooling dollars down- believe it or not even at $700 this thing cost HT a fortune to tool up. Some details missing I can live with- I think overall it is quite a feat...
Sorry, I have a hard time buying that. This has to be one of the least expensive pieces to develop, assemble and paint that Hot Toys has ever produced. One of their $250 Iron Men has more parts in one leg than the Batmobile does altogether. I exaggerate slightly, but still.

Hot-Toys-Iron-Man-Mark-VII-Disassembled.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry, I have a hard time buying that. This has to be one of the least expensive pieces to assemble and paint that Hot Toys has ever produced. One of their $250 Iron Men has more parts in one leg than the Batmobile does altogether. I exaggerate slightly, but still.

Hot-Toys-Iron-Man-Mark-VII-Disassembled.jpg

Agreed!!!... Although i do hate ironman... Oops...

Mine too. Guaranteed delivery by 10:30 am tomorrow. Now I'm worried UPS will manhandle the **** out of this thing to get here so fast. :eek:

I wish I had a guaranteed delivery time. I'll probably be sitting around the house all day on Thursday.

Back