1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this surprises you?

my batmobile was picked up here by a local SS rep. she told me that sideshow estimates 30-40% of these batmobiles are damaged. nice work HT.

...and what will SS do about this? Horrendous ratio on QC....this will cost them some profits to be sure but SS has been cheap with their offers apparently

this surprises you?

my batmobile was picked up here by a local SS rep. she told me that sideshow estimates 30-40% of these batmobiles are damaged. nice work HT.

Not really just reaffirms why I won't be ordering directly from SS anymore. Their CS used to be the best around. Not anymore.

So I was thinking it might be cool to do a paper backdrop behind the Batmobile on my shelf using a large printed still frame from the movie. Here's a rough photoshop job using one possible frame; anybody have suggestions for others?

attachment.php

I think that'd depend on how high that shelf is. You don't want it up so high that you can only see the side of it.

Great idea for a backdrop Spanbauer.

looks cool, Dont you think the batmobile should be on the top?
You know I started with it on top and prefer it one shelf down for two reasons: first is that on top of the shelf it completely dominates the room - where-as being in the shelf makes it feel more integrated into the room. And second is that when on top of the shelf the batmobile sits about 5'8" in the air, making it harder to appreciate; a person wouldn't even be able to see inside the cockpit without standing on a stool. So when parked on the shelf below, you can just see more of it.

You know I started with it on top and prefer it one shelf down for two reasons: first is that on top of the shelf it completely dominates the room - where-as being in the shelf makes it feel more integrated into the room. And second is that when on top of the shelf the batmobile sits about 5'8" in the air, making it harder to appreciate; a person wouldn't even be able to see inside the cockpit without standing on a stool. So when parked on the shelf below, you can just see more of it.

I see where your coming from with being able to see more of it. I run into this problem too with my figures. I just like seeing the joker and batman with the batmobile. Also the back drop is BOMBtastic YO...:hi5:

For the guys who use the word frivolous when it comes to buying hot toys figures, if you think they are frivolous then why do you buy them for yourselves?

Did you use the BBTS inspection service and have them open and inspect before shipping? I'm trying to find someone who used the inspection service and received a flawless Batmobile as a result.

They gave you 125 credit? Sounds good- if mine has scratches I'll ask for the same..did you send them pics?

I opted for them to check mine but haven't received anything yet. Can you still take a partial refund if they inspect it, has scratches but I still want it?

So I was thinking it might be cool to do a paper backdrop behind the Batmobile on my shelf using a large printed still frame from the movie. Here's a rough photoshop job using one possible frame; anybody have suggestions for others?

attachment.php

Very nice. You could also try an Axis Chemical backdrop or the cathedral and steps... or the batcave.

I opted for them to check mine but haven't received anything yet. Can you still take a partial refund if they inspect it, has scratches but I still want it?.

I would imagine if it is damaged by the time it's gets delivered then BBTS will need to fill out an insurance claim. Either way I want a perfect one don't really care about the refund

The shield actually doesn't look too bad once you peel the plastic off. At first I thought it looked extremely cheap but it has the same finish as the Batmobile. I know it is really cheap but knowing how cheap it is it really isn't that bad imo.

Back