1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm so anxious on getting mines from BBTS. Havent received any shipping notice yet.

It will be displayed with the 2 guns popped up like in the Axis Chemicals scene.

Thats what I already mentioned, but its approximate .. I need exact.

Why do you need it to be exact? Do you want a table that's exactly as wide and long with absolutely no buffer room at the edges? I wouldn't want it that close, but that's just me. If you get a table with at least an inch extra all around on top of the appx measurments, you'll be good and it will fit.

Quick iPhone pic. Did anybody else screw back in the stoppers? Haven't done it yet.
The stoppers are to hold it to the cardboard during shipping. Unless you're packing it up / shipping it again, there's no other reason to screw the stoppers back in.

You can buy some black leather vinyl at the fabric store by the yard fairly inexpensive and use the Hot Toys cape as a template to cut out a new cape that should drape better and fit better in the Batmobile.

After putting up my DX09 Batman BatCave Diorama for sale, I decided that he best place for Batman was to place him inside the cockpit! For those who haven't tried this yet...you will just love the outcome! For me it adds even more of an extra dimension to the overall Batmobile display! Can't wait to recieve my custom Batman base for the Batmobile, less than 2 weeks before completion :rock
Here are some pics...

ydu4e7yg.jpg

apezygy7.jpg

y2ujy4ed.jpg

huqy6e3y.jpg

4uza9y3u.jpg

e3e6amem.jpg

myhu2aja.jpg

Ah there is a smart man to just go capeless!!
Now where is my ...... Aehm "your" base?!!

:borg "Resistance is Futile"

Ah there is a smart man to just go capeless!!
Now where is my ...... Aehm "your" base?!!

Hey Jeff, it's made sense to leave the cape off, you don't see it much anyway...fits like a dream! Also removed the boots too! As for the base, it's less than 2 weeks away mate and I can't wait to show you the final design! I've said it before and ill say it again, Jeff...your gonna love it!! :rock

Hey Jeff, it's made sense to leave the cape off, you don't see it much anyway...fits like a dream! Also removed the boots too! As for the base, it's less than 2 weeks away mate and I can't wait to show you the final design! I've said it before and ill say it again, Jeff...your gonna love it!! :rock

Dude I have been wearing my adult diapers for two weeks now awaiting that reveal just get it sooner rather than later ;) it's not pretty

Just talked to William at Sideshow's returns department...

He stated that they have NOT figured out what is causing the damage, and they make no guarantees that future shipments will not have them. I specifically asked if I could relay that info at the forums, and he basically stated that he would be happy if I did, as that would help for realistic expectations and to assure early orders that we aren't getting hosed over. So far, the whole run has the shot of having it like this, especially if it happened during manufacture process since the Batmobiles should already be boxed up and heading where they need to go.

On the credit side... It doesn't seem to matter how much or how many different forms of damage you get, they are trying to keep the credit the same for everybody- $75 in merchandise credit/ $65 refund. He made it sound like there are A LOT of these coming back with problems, and his job has basically been Batmobile management since it was noticed. In order to make them go as fast as possible, it is just a blanket amount to offer regardless of how many issues you have. While this is kind of a bummer for folks that have more than just one issue (like me), I do kind of get where they are coming from on this.

As for no replacements- It basically boils down to what we all assumed- They have to sell "x" amount of stock of Batmobiles. That is why it is still in stock for pre-orders and yet there is no stock for replacement. William made it pretty clear to me that in order for them to be profitable, they have to sell a certain amount of Batmobiles... If they sent out the Batmobiles designated for sales as replacements, then they would have to SERIOUSLY dip into regular inventory and lose money on this. Plus, there probably isn't enough inventory to offer replacements to everyone that needed it, so they would have to pick and choose who they could do it for, which isn't something they want to do (understandably). Again- Does that stink? Yeah, kinda.... but it sounded like Hot Toys might be forcing their hand on this with how many Batmobiles they are manufacturing and sending.

Lastly, for those who may get the refund and then immediately order another from SS- If your order actually goes through and you get another, they won't offer you any credit or cover your shipping should it have issues. Since the problem is known and you have been advised of it, they can't help you if it happens again. Just a word to the wise on anyone thinking of doing it...

As for me, I still don't know what I'll do. I LOVE my Batmobile, but that $75 credit just seems a little paltry in comparison to what we all paid for this. I will probably look the scuffs and box over again tonight and decide.

Sallah

He stated that they have NOT figured out what is causing the damage, and they make no guarantees that future shipments will not have them. I specifically asked if I could relay that info at the forums, and he basically stated that he would be happy if I did, as that would help for realistic expectations and to assure early orders that we aren't getting hosed over. So far, the whole run has the shot of having it like this, especially if it happened during manufacture process since the Batmobiles should already be boxed up and heading where they need to go.

On the credit side... It doesn't seem to matter how much or how many different forms of damage you get, they are trying to keep the credit the same for everybody- $75 in merchandise credit/ $65 refund. He made it sound like there are A LOT of these coming back with problems, and his job has basically been Batmobile management since it was noticed. In order to make them go as fast as possible, it is just a blanket amount to offer regardless of how many issues you have. While this is kind of a bummer for folks that have more than just one issue (like me), I do kind of get where they are coming from on this.

As for no replacements- It basically boils down to what we all assumed- They have to sell "x" amount of stock of Batmobiles. That is why it is still in stock for pre-orders and yet there is no stock for replacement. William made it pretty clear to me that in order for them to be profitable, they have to sell a certain amount of Batmobiles... If they sent out the Batmobiles designated for sales as replacements, then they would have to SERIOUSLY dip into regular inventory and lose money on this. Plus, there probably isn't enough inventory to offer replacements to everyone that needed it, so they would have to pick and choose who they could do it for, which isn't something they want to do (understandably). Again- Does that stink? Yeah, kinda.... but it sounded like Hot Toys might be forcing their hand on this with how many Batmobiles they are manufacturing and sending.

Lastly, for those who may get the refund and then immediately order another from SS- If your order actually goes through and you get another, they won't offer you any credit or cover your shipping should it have issues. Since the problem is known and you have been advised of it, they can't help you if it happens again. Just a word to the wise on anyone thinking of doing it...

As for me, I still don't know what I'll do. I LOVE my Batmobile, but that $75 credit just seems a little paltry in comparison to what we all paid for this. I will probably look the scuffs and box over again tonight and decide.

Sallah

Thank you for the detailed info as to Side Show's take on all this. I'm still waiting to hear from someone who is using the BBTS inspection service and received a Mint Batmobile. I wonder how BBTS will deal with opening up so many boxes and finding so many QC issues. How will BBTS send back to SSC and will SSC give them a credit as well. I'm guessing that BBTS gets their stock from SSC, or do they get shipments direct from Hot Toys?

Just talked to Richard at Cornerstore Comics. He says they have not seen any of these issues on their shipments and is inspecting before shipping one out.

Sallah

Huge cluster for both customers and SS..HT issues with QC on a $600 item is going to be an enormous problem.....talk about losing profits. Beter get your (scratched) Batmobile quick before it sells out- HT won't touch this item again IMO

The responses from Sideshow have been total BS. None of this info is on the product page of their website or on the websites of retailers that carry Hot Toys product.

If they have no idea what is causing the scratches and suspect that the entire production run is subject to the problem, then put a disclaimer on the product page letting anyone know who is considering purchasing it, that it basically has a 50/50 chance of arriving with some form of damage. Not everyone posts on (or reads) the forums and not everyone has time to extensively research the internet to find this information before making a purchase like this. It is ridiculous and unrealistic.

The consumer shouldn't have to settle for inferior product because Sideshow doesn't want to "lose" money on this item. They make it sound like they are doing us a favor by even selling it to us and that this whole thing will bankrupt their company. This is the kind of behavior I expect from Matty Collector, not Sideshow Collectibles.

This whole experience has left a bad taste in my mouth and I don't even have it yet.

Back