1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice pics Vodoun, I have 2 of these sitting in my garage right now but have to open them to check. I want to display one and save the other for later. A bit nervous, I will post pics.

I wldnt be surprised that they overcharged in shipping knowing they will have returns. I have bought bigger stuff on the net with leser shipping cost many a times. Just wondering. So 75 dollar in refund is peanuts to them.

I'm impressed if you did. If i wanted to sell mine (never gonna happen) the CHEAPEST i can find for shipping is $200+. I can really understand UPS, Fedex or USPS charging so much, they could fit a lot of other packages in the space this thing takes up. Also what did you buy that is bigger than this monster?

Hey quick question, did anyone who preordered from BBTS back when they were asking $579.99 for the batmobile have their preorder downgraded to sub standard? I'm 100% positive it was standard condition when I placed the order. I know they are only referring to the box's condition but still... makes nervous with all the QC reports.

Very nice pics Vodoun, I have 2 of these sitting in my garage right now but have to open them to check. I want to display one and save the other for later. A bit nervous, I will post pics.

Could you show a picture of the beast next to the 1/6lambo that you have either on this thread or your shelf thread....I am a fan:wave

Hey quick question, did anyone who preordered from BBTS back when they were asking $579.99 for the batmobile have their preorder downgraded to sub standard? I'm 100% positive it was standard condition when I placed the order. I know they are only referring to the box's condition but still... makes nervous with all the QC reports.

I originally preordered in December 2012....i have since cancelled but you may have a point there with the substandard classification for what I remember.

I'm impressed if you did. If i wanted to sell mine (never gonna happen) the CHEAPEST i can find for shipping is $200+. I can really understand UPS, Fedex or USPS charging so much, they could fit a lot of other packages in the space this thing takes up. Also what did you buy that is bigger than this monster?
He's not wrong. I've had unassembled furniture come to my house in boxes the size of coffins, and were delivered to me for free. It all depends on what kind of volume deal the retailer has with the carriers. On the flipside, if I ship a single package from UPS it costs a fortune; Sideshow can ship me a figure for $10 but when I sell a figure to a fellow boardmember it costs me $30. I imagine if I were to take the Batmobile to UPS in the brown shipper it'd cost me $200 to ship it within the U.S.

You are seriously telling me with the amount of figures sideshow ships they dont have a good deal from a carrier yet? I mean i dont think anyone is that naive. They make limited or so called limited of each figure however they have a figure come up every other week actually more and for so many years. There are retailers who give free shipping and when face an issue like this exchange / refund / replace for free. We are talking about collectibles here, the fact that people are getting them scracthed up is a surprise for me. Its such a no no in a high quality, high price business. I got my glass curio shipped to me which is half the cost for free and installed at home all the way from atlanta to cali. That is 120 pounds. Yes it was ground shipment and no it wasnt fedex or ups but i dont really care if they can save some dollars by doing ground if they can. 15 pct shipping cost on the product, such high taxes in california and then deal with all this headache of scratches. 700 dollars by no means is a small amount for this to be deliver safe and sound ... Defect free.

I can't imagine selling this thing and having to ship it. If I ever decided to sell I guess I'd just say it was local pick up only.

I can't imagine selling this thing and having to ship it. If I ever decided to sell I guess I'd just say it was local pick up only.

That wld be a good thing to do. You will get hit very hard, worst case if you have to deal with any returns on ebay you will kiss all your dollars good by....

Just got mine and unfortunately I've got a couple scuffs and a scratch. The shield is pretty beat up on one corner too but it's just the film and I don't care about that. The scratch and scuffs are all concentrated to the passengers side of the canopy and look much worse from the flash than they are but nonetheless they are there. But nothing's so bad I'd return it. I also have no glue problems and the windows are perfect. I didn't get a chance to fully take it out and test the electronics so I'll hold off on my vote in the poll until then. Obviously I have to vote damaged but I'd rather get a full rundown once I've had more time with it. Otherwise the thing is gorgeous and it was a workout getting the box up my steps!

So got the BBTS email saying that if you prefer- contact them and they will open and inspect your Batmobile before it is shipped. You have that option...

You are seriously telling me with the amount of figures sideshow ships they dont have a good deal from a carrier yet? I mean i dont think anyone is that naive. They make limited or so called limited of each figure however they have a figure come up every other week actually more and for so many years. There are retailers who give free shipping and when face an issue like this exchange / refund / replace for free. We are talking about collectibles here, the fact that people are getting them scracthed up is a surprise for me. Its such a no no in a high quality, high price business. I got my glass curio shipped to me which is half the cost for free and installed at home all the way from atlanta to cali. That is 120 pounds. Yes it was ground shipment and no it wasnt fedex or ups but i dont really care if they can save some dollars by doing ground if they can. 15 pct shipping cost on the product, such high taxes in california and then deal with all this headache of scratches. 700 dollars by no means is a small amount for this to be deliver safe and sound ... Defect free.

That is not what i am saying. I know they have great deals with the shipping companies. It just sounds like some people think it should be $30 to ship. BBTS said the "average" shipping cost is $120. so we are all getting good but not great deals on shipping. I just do not see any of these companies making money on shipping this thing and with the QC issues that are HT fault they will be losing money very quickly. The places that ship for free for really large products usually have the shipping built into the price or sometimes you just get a great deal like with your Curio.

So got the BBTS email saying that if you prefer- contact them and they will open and inspect your Batmobile before it is shipped. You have that option...

I received the email as well. My question is how many has Big Bad had any history of opening up a collectible and inspecting? I want them to inspect mine and love the fact they are willing to take the time to open and inspect, BUT will they actually care to handle my Batmobile carefully. Im saying that when I open my toys I'm very careful to slide them out of the box without ripping anything. When I opened both of my Tumblers it took me at least 30 minutes to carefully pull out of box and cut tape carefully. Once they inspect they will need to put the foam all back like it was from the factory will they actually know how to do this and will they care? I don't know who works at BBTS but do you think they are lower paid employees that don't really care and its just a job kind of thing.

Any thoughts please on this service that BBTS is offering

The places that ship for free for really large products usually have the shipping built into the price or sometimes you just get a great deal like with your Curio.
I've always assumed the huge companies like Amazon or Overstock that can offer free shipping on even large heavy items must pay a flat annual fee to the carriers, and just write that off as part of their operating cost instead of passing the shipping costs directly onto their customers' orders. That's the only way I can explain how an item that costs less than it it'd cost for me to ship it can arrive on my doorstep for free.

Obviously Sideshow and especially not BBTS ship anywhere near enough volume to arrange deals with the carriers like that.

Thought I'd share mine.....

Gorgeous! Dude did you paint the inside of the wheels black?

I received the email as well. My question is how many has Big Bad had any history of opening up a collectible and inspecting? I want them to inspect mine and love the fact they are willing to take the time to open and inspect, BUT will they actually care to handle my Batmobile carefully. Im saying that when I open my toys I'm very careful to slide them out of the box without ripping anything. When I opened both of my Tumblers it took me at least 30 minutes to carefully pull out of box and cut tape carefully. Once they inspect they will need to put the foam all back like it was from the factory will they actually know how to do this and will they care? I don't know who works at BBTS but do you think they are lower paid employees that don't really care and its just a job kind of thing.

Any thoughts please on this service that BBTS is offering

Well u cant have best of both worlds dude. Also what if they say its perfect and u still get a scracthed up piece ... As in damaged in transit? What do u do then? So take ur chances. I took my chances by not ordering one at all :)

Back