1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello collectors!

I'd had sent an email to the man at SSC (the person that is working on the scratch issue) showing evidence from our forum here about the shield possibly being the issue. Here is his response, at least they are acknowledging that it is an issue and I'm glad about that for the sake of all the other collectors who want this collectible but are still apprehensive about getting it. :hi5:

Thank you for your e-mail. As we continue to receive inquiries with similar issues we are doing our best to find the problem. Thank you for your information, I will forward this on to our management team to see if anything else can be done. If you have any further questions do not hesitate to reach out to me directly.

Thank You,

William Mendoza
Returns Coordinator

Sideshow Collectibles
2630 Conejo Spectrum Street
Thousand Oaks, CA 91320

(805) 214-2136 Office * (805) 214-2190 Fax

In the U.S.: 1-(855)-SIDESHOW (1-855-743-3746)
Outside the U.S.: 1-(805)-214-2100 x2

Glad to see people are still excited about this car as I'm still loving mine!

Best of luck!

Max Power

Some horrible pics until my granas table is ready.

ac782d5c12d2358a0ff35d4dc1b2426f.jpg

2b551028ac3113cdfdbb8890688388b1.jpg

The in hand pics of this car are sooooo impressive(except the scatches)...one of the most visually wholliping HT releases ever!!!

Picked mine up from conerstore comics today...checked it immediately at the store...no scratches...the box itself was also pristine...very VERY relieved ....

Though I have yet to test the electronics...darn, I forgot...

Last edited:
glad there are some more that are coming out good. I still think this whole mess could be fixed if hot toys was informed and perhaps looked into it. Though from hearing about the other F ups from more expensive items from both HT and SS it seems they could care less. Really, really erks me. I, like many others think this will be my last big purchase from either company. I can't wait till our robocops and iron men come all chipped up due to the diecast. yay!

glad there are some more that are coming out good. I still think this whole mess could be fixed if hot toys was informed and perhaps looked into it. Though from hearing about the other F ups from more expensive items from both HT and SS it seems they could care less. Really, really erks me. I, like many others think this will be my last big purchase from either company. I can't wait till our robocops and iron men come all chipped up due to the diecast. yay!

They know, I'm sure SS is trying to get them to fix the problem somehow.

Yep, believe it or not, mine fit perfectly fine on its side in my car! Beautiful collectible man!

Great to know you got a good one too. And that, it fit in your car!!

Got mine safe and sound and tested all the lights already. gonna take me a few days to find a place to display it. :horror:panic::panic:

I have been wandering onto this thread from time to time to see this in all it's glory. I'm frustrated for those who have been unfortunate with their recent purchase; only to learn that it was damaged. I honestly hope it all works out for you. On a lighter note, there have been numerous photos provided by members that just mesmerize me. I mean the batmobile is ****ing gorgeous and it was the one I grew up with. So thank you, but I must say I have yet to find any photos that have Batman and the batmobile posed like the "stop" scene of the movie. Did I miss anyone's photos? It such a badass scene! :rock

batmanbatmobilegadgets7.2923.jpg

I have been wandering onto this thread from time to time to see this in all it's glory. I'm frustrated for those who have been unfortunate with their recent purchase; only to learn that it was damaged. I honestly hope it all works out for you. On a lighter note, there have been numerous photos provided by members that just mesmerize me. I mean the batmobile is ****ing gorgeous and it was the one I grew up with. So thank you, but I must say I have yet to find any photos that have Batman and the batmobile posed like the "stop" scene of the movie. Did I miss anyone's photos? It such a badass scene! :rock

batmanbatmobilegadgets7.2923.jpg

That's exactly how i'm doing mine if I decide to take a chance on the car.

Here's one more good one reporting :wave

Thank freakin' God man! I picked up this GARGANTUAN box today and decided to catch up on this thread (since I lost track) before I opened it up. Just read the last 10-11 pages; sucks to hear about the scratches. I hope everyone who got a bad one can get it sorted out as painlessly as possible.

I still have mine on the cardboard base and I didn't dig into all the weapons and do-dads yet but this thing is frigin' awesome! All the reports of scratches got me worried so I just wanted to inspect and check the lights.

Everything works a-ok I think... are the two red lights by the steering wheel supposed to function?

Can't wait to free this of its cardboard and spend some time with it tomorrow :rock

Looks amazing in some of your pictures and displays :clap

With my gas, dinner and cost of Batmobile, I spent a total of $630 for it. Had I gone with SSC, I would have paid $110 more. Thats just ridiculous.

Back