1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, that looks fantastic under that lighting. Love the way the lights are hitting the canopy and windshield. It looks like the vehicle could easily be metal.

Thanks should see my other displays. All the figures that had to go are cramped in other places without any structure at all LOL But this is almost the final setup and I am so glad everything was mint. eric from toys2 also was relieved to see it in good shape.. first one he opened :D
fun thing is now suddenly my multicolor LED setup finally makes sense LOL I can;t stop starring at it.... just turned on the Batmobiel Documentary on to enjoy this beautiful piece

I just registered my account because I thought this item was getting a bad rap for a petty issue. The 89 is a focal piece in my collection and it will be in anyone that has or is going to get it.

Petty? Would you buy a new car that has been keyed or a phone that had a cracked screen? This vehicle is all about that sexy smooth clean body anything that takes away from that is unacceptable.
I was lucky and have a clean one but I would rather not have it at all if it was damaged out of the box.

Mine arrived safe and sound and in it;s final resting place, just need more time to also unpack the matching bat and joker

bpoa.jpg

5q1z.jpg

Luckily I went to toys2 at the end of the day. He closed shop early to allow us to inspect the Batmobile. Hardly had space to lay it out with 3 more piles of Batmobiles :p Don;t expect to be able to inspect it if the place has ppl as you will effectively lock them in LOL

That is a absolutely gorgeous (and Huge) display! :clap

Mine arrived safe and sound and in it;s final resting place, just need more time to also unpack the matching bat and joker

bpoa.jpg

5q1z.jpg

Luckily I went to toys2 at the end of the day. He closed shop early to allow us to inspect the Batmobile. Hardly had space to lay it out with 3 more piles of Batmobiles :p Don;t expect to be able to inspect it if the place has ppl as you will effectively lock them in LOL

I would like to ask where did you get your display? Is it DIY? Thanks! Thats an awesome display man!

I made this myself but it is one of the most simple designs (if you can even call it that LOL) I have made. It might actually be affordable to outsource it as all they have to do is cut a bunch of rectangular panels and each bend them across ones. The bottom and back is essentially a single piece, I chose black for this, and bend across. The front and top is also a single piece and bend across. This gives you a bunch of panels with L cross sections. One sits on top of the other and is sturdy enough. I added some Aluminum U cross section trim that had a 1/4" groove and put it on the front edge to prevent the top from slipping off. I made three such segments and put them just side by side. Just have to improvise on the ends. I used 1/4" acrylic as this is pretty big but if you need more details PM me but since it's only cut and bend ones I would say there is no way a shop can charge you too much for this. BTW I was limited my my DIY heating table of 30" width but it is better to not make it too wide as it will become difficult to lift.

Another "bad boy" review,

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwzxtx4DpNk[/ame]

It gets a little strange when he starts touching it, still a pretty good review. :lol

just opened mine, shipped very reasonable from BBTS ($84.00 for batmobile and other package containing 3 figures).
very pleased to report that the Batmobile is in great condition. not perfect, 2 very very minor blemishes in the plastic in the same area that most people are reporting the scratches.

the size of the box is impressive, the actually Batmobile is superb perfection.

so glad i made the purchase.

I got my 1989 two weeks ago and I could care less if it had a smudge or light scratch this thing is amazing and I cant imagine sending this back this toy was way more inexpesive than toynami and I think they did an oustanding job . I think that both Hot Toys and their distributors had to deal with a lot to get this to everyone and to be upset over a smudge or slight scratch or glue on a window on an item that is almost 4 foot long and 50 pounds. I think that is nieve and petty.

Are you being paid by them? Sorry dont mean to accuse but its unfair to all these people who spent their hard earned dollars on this. They shld and rightfully shld get a defect free piece. Wld sideshow ship them the car if by mistake they dint make the last installment thinking how hard the poor guy tried to get the money to them. I promise you they are smart, they very well know defects like these happen and hence the 65 dollar refund (from the margin that already has this accounted for) they have no loss on giving that partial refund. However what they still achieve is pushing such an expensive car with defects. It does not matter if its 4 feet long, they made it 4 feet long and they made it 50 pounds, its their job to send this in mint condition. People are not buying this from walmart and even they have better customer service. Amazing actually!

bpoa.jpg

5q1z.jpg

Awesomely done my friend! Brilliant!

Just got a response from BBTS, they are waiting to see what SS is doing as far as returns. Since BBTS raised the price on these, I'm going to PO the amount that I am sending back and that they honor the original price I paid for them. I'm also going to ask that they ask SS to open them up to inspect them and I will send them an email stating that they can open to inspect.
I went through this fiasco with the Transformers Masterpiece Black Rodimus. I sent so many back that they said not to order anymore cause they all had QC problems:peace

Sideshow will NOT inspect them before shipping. I already asked. They said you take your chances.

Sideshow will NOT inspect them before shipping. I already asked. They said you take your chances.

So they're not slicing open boxes and checking mint Batmobiles? Good.

Makes me wonder what they'll do with those returns then.

Then they will keep getting these sent back over and over and over again and pay for return shipping. It's their loss.

Then they will keep getting these sent back over and over and over again and pay for return shipping. It's their loss.

Nope. They actually warned me about ordering another one because they said there's a very good chance it will have similar defects. In other words, they aren't doing anything to fix the issues and neither is Hot Toys. Your options are a partial credit/refund or return for full refund. You get what you get and that's all they are going to make. I am plenty pissed.

Nope. They actually warned me about ordering another one because they said there's a very good chance it will have similar defects. In other words, they aren't doing anything to fix the issues and neither is Hot Toys. Your options are a partial credit/refund or return for full refund. You get what you get and that's all they are going to make. I am plenty pissed.

Welcome to what they did with samurai predator. Eventually bbts price will start reducing as they will start pushing them through bbts and other local sellers by maintaining the prices as list price on their own website. Eventually they kno it will get sold out through sub-distributors. Same thing with samurai predator.

Nope, pretty sure they cancel repeat orders. They're banking on people keeping the car with the scuffs.

Back