1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

When I saw that they put the switch in the trunk, I thought it was a brilliant move. It's easily accessible and completely inconspicuous while it doesn't distract from any possible display at all, the way the the placement of the Tumbler's switch does. Even putting the switch on the bottom, like with the Batpod isn't as good as hiding it in the trunk. All that detail on the chassis + the turntable shows this is a vehicle that was clearly meant to have the option of being displayed raised. I can't really think of a better place to put the switch, unless they were able to put it in the cockpit/on the dash and disguise it to not look like a 1:1 switch in a 1:6 car.

Behind one of the magnetic panels on the side?:dunno

Thanks you two.

So, even though it is made out of plastic it's more durable than the Tumbler and Batpod? It feels like it's quality?

I'm just curious so I know what to expect (I've been scouring over pics, reviews, videos and the directions before Monday). The only 1/6 vehicle I ever bought was the Batpod, and that feels like an accident just waiting to happen with those handle/arm bars alone. I actually saw and felt the Tumbler in hand at the comic store and dreaded those thin panels all over it.

So there's nothing to really worry about? It feels like a well made piece? How about the steering wheel and the lever/gear instruments. Those are movable right?
Nah, this is solid. Waay sturdier than the TDK stuff. The nature of the design helps obviously.
The instruments inside seem ok, they do move, I tried...gently!

Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Amazing set of pics.:clap:clap:clap

kl241 your pics are incredible. Great work. It's a beauty. Making it a long wait for me.

Thanks guys! I'll be taking her out again for more pics.

BTW, Craigslist really DOES work, I just scored an Ikea Granas table this afternoon for $45!

I don't see the Tumbler or Pod ever being in danger of breaking unless you have cats, they're displayed on the edge, or you play with them a lot.

Wait, what am I not supposed to play with. :(
tumblr_inline_mknsiz0hQD1qz4rgp.gif

View attachment 64380
How is the plastic by the way? Does it feel nice and durable? Is that panel in the back with the vents that you have to take off to access the on/off switch sturdy?

Agree with Highlander1, this vehicle is SOLID! All parts are well made, but as always moveable levers need to be moved with care. Still In awe when I pass my media room and see this huge vehicle on that table. Not one thought of buyer's remorse on this one whatsoever! :dance

Interesting thing about the shield, it's put away never to be seen again. While it was thrown in as a bonus of sorts, the vehicle itself is a marvel of a collectible and, in my opinion, does not need to be covered by the shield unless it will be in a room that is overtly dusty. Also, because this thing looks so fantastic, I believe that it can be proudly displayed as standalone collectible with the Batman figure only serving as an accessory. In other words, it can stand alone as a sophisticated car model worthy of the likes of those other metal 1/18 expensive car models that collectors pay big money for.

This one is a keeper guys! Congrats to all who have purchased it and either have it or are waiting for it :clap

Sincerely,

Max Power

Interesting thing about the shield, it's put away never to be seen again. While it was thrown in as a bonus of sorts, the vehicle itself is a marvel of a collectible and, in my opinion, does not need to be covered by the shield unless it will be in a room that is overtly dusty. Also, because this thing looks so fantastic, I believe that it can be proudly displayed as standalone collectible with the Batman figure only serving as an accessory. In other words, it can stand alone as a sophisticated car model worthy of the likes of those other metal 1/18 expensive car models that collectors pay big money for.

This one is a keeper guys! Congrats to all who have purchased it and either have it or are waiting for it :clap

Sincerely,

Max Power

:goodpost::exactly:

Sincerely,

Max Power

Glad you and everyone else are so happy with it. Appreciate all the pics too. Really can't wait for it now. Hoping BBTS ships next week!

Found a new review,

[ame]https://youtu.be/hNWmROIHvn4[/ame]

Christ. Yeah by the way I went and (re)ordered this afterall. That will be a surprise to anyone who read and remembers my earlier posts where I convinced myself, or at least thought I did, that I didn't need this.

That video above would have sealed it for me if it hadn't been already. It just looks astounding. I love the shine off it.

I went with forbiddenplanet.com, where I originally had an order for it. Gonna have to email them though because they don't always come through.

Yeah, that video just blows me away (though it seems a little squashed with the aspect ratio). The shine of the vehicle's body, the weapons, the lights, it's just a great piece. The cocoon is pretty nice once the film is peeled off too.

This thing is a real beaut, I can't wait to put it together.

Hands down the Collectible of the Year. :clap

Christ. Yeah by the way I went and (re)ordered this afterall. That will be a surprise to anyone who read and remembers my earlier posts where I convinced myself, or at least thought I did, that I didn't need this.

That video above would have sealed it for me if it hadn't been already. It just looks astounding. I love the shine off it.

I went with forbiddenplanet.com, where I originally had an order for it. Gonna have to email them though because they don't always come through.

Congrats Adev, you're a madman. :lol

Overall this vehicle is ridiculously awesome although I would have like to see the light switch placed somewhere externally instead of removing the back every time I want to turn the lights on. As a collector I've learn that the least you touch a collectible the better chance you have of accidentally breaking it; a very tough lesson learned :lecture.

One more thing, I did get mine with some minor scuff marks by the canopy. It is a little noticeable so I may have to send SSC a note about it perhaps they have some suggestions--perhaps touch up paint :dunno. It's one of those deals that its not big enough to make a big deal about it, certainly not to return due to its size, but when I pay big on a collectible I expect a near flawless product! Any thoughts on this?

Mine had some small scratches by the canopy too. I think there was a design flaw with the way they shipped it. Thankfully I was able to rub the scuffs mostly off....and its not too bad. Considering the shape the box was in when it was delivered I was pretty happy that was the only issue honestly.

Interesting I never thought about that...they are rubber. I left mine on because I don't want the vehicle to accidentally roll off of something. That has happened with my Hot Wheels KITT car and it got all scratch up. However, I don't think the vehicle is heavy enough for it to damage the wheels if left in one spot for a long time. :dunno I guess I 'll play it by sight and if I notice something happening to the wheels I will take action.

I dont "think" this will be an issue...but what I will probably do is use some hard foarm or cardboard underneath so the wheels are just barely off the ground. That way I get the look of it sitting on the wheels, without the potential for any damage. Win win.

Back