1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

I too was stuck with the Toy Biz version when I was a kid, so I feel your pain. :lol

I wanted this one so bad....

The only advantages of the Toy Biz was that it had the shields and it was a 2-seater... which was great when the Batman Returns Robin hit.

Sallah

I remember seeing this one when it was going for 2k and thinking I could never have it. Now, looking at it compared to the Hot toys one, I am so glad that the hottoys one came out because IMO it looks so much nicer.

Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

I got the Hot Toys Batmobile 1989 behemoth a couple of days ago and only had the courage to un-box it today, if only to see it and pack it right back up.

My impressions are it's one piece of art. You are not going to get another 1989 Batmobile in this size and of this quality again. The effort to get this thing out of the door and shipping must have been humongous and I applaud Hot Toys for attempting such a bold project. This thing costs and arm and a leg which makes owning it hard to swallow, but the cost is understandable considering how big this thing is. The packaging is excellent, this thing was tied down with some serious hardware to secure it from being damaged during shipping. The protective shield is cheesy and made of cheap plastic that is covered with a nylon like material that you have to peel off. The rest of the car though is a thing of beauty, it's just a damn shame that it's such a huge piece that not many people have the room to display it, myself included. I packed her right back up after making sure the thing wasn't damaged and that the LED lights were working correctly.

If you are a Batman fan and you want to own something special and have the room for it, go for it, it's a unique piece that will surely grab a lot of attention. If you are even minutely concerned about the size, don't bother with it, it's too damn big. I was going to do a review of this piece but I couldn't even fit it on the table I shoot my products on, so I didn't even bother. I was expecting it to be big, but I was in for a real shock when I saw it in person, IT'S REALLY BIG.

I'm glad I got it, I hope to one day have room to display it, maybe once I convert the garage to a man-cave, otherwise I'd be asking for a divorce if I had this thing inside the house.

Last edited:

Congrats Adev, you're a madman. :lol

Thanks. I think, going by the latest video, I won't regret it and will feel overall Great Success.

Don't fail me Forbidden Planet (I promise I won't cancel again:monkey3).

Thanks. I think, going by the latest video, I won't regret it and will feel overall Great Success.

Don't fail me Forbidden Planet (I promise I won't cancel again:monkey3).

Why don't you just get it from Sideshow. Rory did (you guys are both in the same area aren't you?) and he got it in what, a week, two weeks tops?

He didn't seem to feel bad about the shipping price either. Hell, Sideshow gave folks from AUSTRALIA a better deal on shipping than collectors in the state of California!

Why don't you just get it from Sideshow. Rory did (you guys are both in the same area aren't you?) and he got it in what, a week, two weeks tops?

He didn't seem to feel bad about the shipping price either. Hell, Sideshow gave folks from AUSTRALIA a better deal on shipping than collectors in the state of California!

I fear for what the customs fee would be. I'll have to ask Rory what he ends up paying, I don't think he'll have received that bill yet. They hit you with it later unlike, say, if I ordered from BBTS where you pay customs immediately upon taking delivery.

In any case I also ordered Hulk and I'm expecting to be paying for a custom T2 John Connor soon aswell.

Shield kind of looks like the batmobile from btas.

Shield kind of looks like the batmobile from btas.

:horror My God you're right! I knew there was something familiar about it but couldn't put my finger on it!

batmobile-ani.jpg

:horror My God you're right! I knew there was something familiar about it but couldn't put my finger on it!

batmobile-ani.jpg
The design for both the Batmobile in general is pretty much the same. You just attach the middle section of the 89 shield onto it and you have the BTAS Batmobile.

Behind one of the magnetic panels on the side?:dunno

No, that wouldn't be as accessible or inconspicuous as being inside the trunk. For one the trunk has a natural seam that appears in the movies while also never appearing opened in the movies, so there is no display option with the trunk open that would look like any scene in the movies anyway. The side panel gadgets however, all have scenes in the movies... from the grappling hook to the shin breakers to the batdiscs. Using one of those existing panels to also hide the switch would be crowded (because of the primary gadget its already there for) and it wouldn't be inconspicuous since you'd see the 1:1 switch with any display option you choose with the 1:6 gadget panel open. Not mention, it would be slightly less accessible just because you'd always have to use the magnetic tool everytime you want to turn the lights on or off.

No, that wouldn't be as accessible or inconspicuous as being inside the trunk. For one the trunk has a natural seam that appears in the movies while also never appearing opened in the movies, so there is no display option with the trunk open that would look like any scene in the movies anyway. The side panel gadgets however, all have scenes in the movies... from the grappling hook to the shin breakers to the batdiscs. Using one of those existing panels to also hide the switch would be crowded (because of the primary gadget its already there for) and it wouldn't be inconspicuous since you'd see the 1:1 switch with any display option you choose with the 1:6 gadget panel open. Not mention, it would be slightly less accessible just because you'd always have to use the magnetic tool everytime you want to turn the lights on or off.

Don't agree. But we all have our opinions. I think having to take off a huge chunk of the car to access the switch is excessive, but thats just me.
:wink1:

To anyone interested, you can polish the paintwork up a bit with a decent microfibre cloth. Looks a little nicer.:)

No prob. I'm anxious to finally get mine in hand tomorrow, UPS willing. I'll give it a once over with a microfiber cloth, thanks for the tip!

Don't agree. But we all have our opinions. I think having to take off a huge chunk of the car to access the switch is excessive, but thats just me.
:wink1:

To anyone interested, you can polish the paintwork up a bit with a decent microfibre cloth. Looks a little nicer.:)

is there a fine layer of "oil" or factory cleaning solution on the surface?

Does the section hiding the lights have to be removed with a screwdriver? I'd rather the switch was just inside the cockpit tbh.

Does the section hiding the lights have to be removed with a screwdriver? I'd rather the switch was just inside the cockpit tbh.

Not sure about the screwdriver, magnetic tool or other tool required. Easily accessible, yet out of the way visibly, just pop the trunk off. For me, that beats opening the cockpit open every time I'd want to turn it on or off and risking getting fingerprint smudges on the windshield.

The switch should've been on the inner wheel.

Everytime you want to use it you would need to remove the tire from the rim :lol

Not sure about the screwdriver, magnetic tool or other tool required. Easily accessible, yet out of the way visibly, just pop the trunk off. For me, that beats opening the cockpit open every time I'd want to turn it on or off and risking getting fingerprint smudges on the windshield.

No prob. I'm anxious to finally get mine in hand tomorrow, UPS willing. I'll give it a once over with a microfiber cloth, thanks for the tip!

...Hang on a second!

You don't have this in hand yet??? and you are disagreeing with me how easy it is to access the on/off switch in the trunk?
:lol

The switch should've been on the inner wheel.

Everytime you want to use it you would need to remove the tire from the rim :lol
It wouldn't have been much trickier than the trunk. Which you really have to PULL at to get off. :lol

Last edited:
Back