1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

HOORAY!!! :rock Just got confirmation from Sideshow that my Batmobile has shipped! Estimated ETA to the UK on Monday 22nd July! That means I've got this weekend to complete my Batcave Diorama!!!

Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Just for the interested people from europe: shipping quote to Switzerland (next to germany) is 130 usd. Regarding the size this is fair.

Now i def. cant wait to see this thing arrive at my doorstep.

Looks like early processing for flexers scheduled for month's end probably ain't gonna happen. :( Means I probably won't get mine until early August. This will be my first and last dance with flex... Having my order in since February of 2012 and choosing Sideshow for their early shipment kinda didn't do anything to help this time around.

Sallah

Looks like early processing for flexers scheduled for month's end probably ain't gonna happen. :( Means I probably won't get mine until early August. This will be my first and last dance with flex... Having my order in since February of 2012 and choosing Sideshow for their early shipment kinda didn't do anything to help this time around.

Sallah

When was your last flex due? Mine was due the 20th and had them process it today.

BBTS states this thing as weighing 80+ lbs.
joke?

When was your last flex due? Mine was due the 20th and had them process it today.

Mine is due for the 25th... They said they couldn't process any early to me. They processed yours? Did you call or chat?

Sallah

BBTS states this thing as weighing 80+ lbs.
joke?

According to my UPS invoice it is 46 pounds. Still think SSC is overcharging on shipping.

Mine as well, i called and they offered to process i early if i wanted...
i'm at San Diego for the week, so having it charged earlier would have done nothing for me really... other than having a huge box sent back for being not able to be delivered.

Mine as well, i called and they offered to process i early if i wanted...
i'm at San Diego for the week, so having it charged earlier would have done nothing for me really... other than having a huge box sent back for being not able to be delivered.

Well ain't that a pickle. I was told emphatically in chat that they wouldn't do that. I guess I will call.

Sallah

For those saying this looks like a toy, well the Crumbler looks like a Tonka toy :moon

Still only shipping notice for my flexpay mobile, no news on full pay mobile.

How this movie ranks for me
1.TESB
2. BATMAN 89
3. BATMAN RETURNS
4. T2
5. THE ROOM

Can anyone tell me the name of the city SSC ships from?

According to my UPS invoice it is 46 pounds. Still think SSC is overcharging on shipping.

You know, i called them regarding this, specifically the fact that some international buyers were getting a somewhat cheaper shipping cost, while some of us that are three blocks away from them are being exposed pure rape.
The way the nice young csr explained to me is that they are eating some of the int'l cost in order to make it fair, since for the most part there's also some other custom/government fees associated to international deliveries. int'l buyers are in fact going to have to pay even more than the actual shipping cost. How does that affect me personally? it doesn't. i want a fair shipping cost. but it seems to me that there really isn't any other way around it. BBTS is slightly cheaper, not enough to make a huge difference unless you were grandfathered in the old preorder price.
It just is what it is.

Its not the weight its the size that is increasing the shipping cost. You should use the UPS shipping calculator to see the real cost. The cost for me to ship from SSC to my door was over double what I'm getting charged.

Its not the weight its the size that is increasing the shipping cost. You should use the UPS shipping calculator to see the real cost. The cost for me to ship from SSC to my door was over double what I'm getting charged.
Bingo.

Here's what I get when I calculate everything. It's the size of the box itself that causes the shipping cost to be huge.

The $100+ they're charging is not bad. I mean look at the size of it. They also have a deal with UPS but I don't think they're overcharging and what's even more surprising is that BBTS is only charging $84.

9302850718_8689f962fb_o.png

9302850730_1a9eb34b0f_o.png

1075816_10201548886222674_1664654697_n.jpg

Bingo.

Here's what I get when I calculate everything. It's the size of the box itself that causes the shipping cost to be huge.

The $100+ they're charging is not bad. I mean look at the size of it. They also have a deal with UPS but I don't think they're overcharging and what's even more surprising is that BBTS is only charging $84.

9302850718_8689f962fb_o.png

9302850730_1a9eb34b0f_o.png

1075816_10201548886222674_1664654697_n.jpg
I KNOW
Pics dont do justice until ups guy at the door with this giant box asking you to sign for this monster.:lol

Just tried the call to get my flex moved up... Still a no-go. :( For the folks that did get theirs moved up, it sounds like today was your lucky day.

Sallah

That box looks habitable on a sunny day.

Last edited:

I think rickity cricket is living in that now. he moved from the whirlpool box.:lol
That sucks Sallah hope your car gets to you faster some how. sorry no one borrows mine EVER!:lol

Thanks man... Since I have never flexed before, I wasn't prepared for such odd policies. Had I known you can't move it up (or that they pick and choose who can), I wouldn't have switched over back in March. Oh well. Lesson learned.

Sallah

Back