1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

MMS+170+Batmobile+Part+1.jpg

MMS+170+Batmobile+Part+2.jpg

MMS+170+Batmobile+Part+3.jpg

MMS+170+Batmobile+Part+4.jpg

Hot Toys Batman 1989 - Batmobile MMS 170 (Part 1)
Hot Toys Batman 1989 - Batmobile MMS 170 (Part 2)
Hot Toys Batman 1989 - Batmobile MMS 170 (Part 3)
Hot Toys Batman 1989 - Batmobile MMS 170 (Part 4)

Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

One thing thats bugged me about pics of the HT BM. The two front "horns" are they the right shape? Never thought the curved in so much and were as pointy? Anyone got good comparison pics?

Oh and the shield? It's very obvious now that the glossy finish is just a peel off protector that HT uses every now and again.
The wheel caps are not covered and have the correct texture. So the shield *****in can now stop... :lol

Great pics watermelon! :clap

Last edited:

You're right Rorywan, they don't look that pointed to me.

I really need to have SS push my last Flex back till July 31, but if i do that i have to wait to have this gorgeous girl in hand. I can't decide!!!

I really need to have SS push my last Flex back till July 31, but if i do that i have to wait to have this gorgeous girl in hand. I can't decide!!!

Get a loan bro! Pawn something! Pics will just make you hurt with envy!
J/K obviously, don't do those things!

Okay, guys -- here are my first impressions on the MMS 170 Batmobile...

This thing is humongous. The storekeeper had tape measure handy, and I used it to get these dimensions (which may not be 100% accurate as I can't let the tape touch the car): Length is about 39.5", Width of the car's widest part i.e. the rear is 16", and height is about 10". The rear wheel is about 5.5" in height.
HeubertMichael, thank you so much for the detailed hands-on report. Really appreciate it! How firm would you say that 16" width is? I ask because the only shelf I could have possibly put this thing on is 15.5" deep :p

2013-07-11164015_zps54277902.jpg

Every time I see the figure half-in the car like this I have flashbacks to that awful Toybiz 1989 Batmobile without a canopy :sick

BatmobileRocketLauncher.JPG

HeubertMichael, thank you so much for the detailed hands-on report. Really appreciate it! How firm would you say that 16" width is? I ask because the only shelf I could have possibly put this thing on is 15.5" deep :p

2013-07-11164015_zps54277902.jpg

Every time I see the figure half-in the car like this I have flashbacks to that awful Toybiz 1989 Batmobile without a canopy :sick

Happy to share it, buddy! :)

That 16" width can only be (+) or (-) a few millimeters, and I don't think a 15.5" deep shelf would be safe for your Batmobile to sit on.

Can't wait to get Hulk behind the steering wheel of this baby.

I just had a vision of win: Hulk goes rollerskating with a Batmobile for each foot.

I wonder why HT hasn't had their collection of "Blogger" photos for this thing, yet. Better question: I wonder how many bloggers bought it.

Most of the bloggers that took picture pre-release in the past seem to have smaller setups so for something this big I suspect they simply do not have the right space and lighting to do it properly

Still can't believe that we will soon own this amazing Batmobile for a snippet of the price that was paid for the Cinemaquette version by Toynami. Which do you prefer?

I feel that the Toynami is a bit more accurate as in less harsh edges/corner thus smoother and curvier like the real thing. However it is not 1/6 and from the few reviews I have seen the flat surfaces seem slightly bumpy. 1/6 HT all the way for moi

Okay, guys -- here are my first impressions on the MMS 170 Batmobile. I apologize for the crappy tablet photos made even worse by the flash -- the shop was so dimly lit! Anyway...

Thanks for your pictures and info and yeah this reminds me of ppl getting all kinds of crazy not realizing that the Bruce Lee mirror backdrop has a protective film on and will only reveal it's scratchfree mirror shine by removing it :slap

Can't you just add another wider custom cut panel on top of the shelf to give you the much needed width? a 1/2" MDF panel cut to dimension in HD would be dirt cheap though you would need to paint/coat/cover it with something. I would always try to get more width and display vehicles in an angle to show it off in all it's gory I mean glory :panic:

I was really thinking I would just display the Keaton Batman outside of the car giving the "stop" command, but I really like the looks of him climbing out of the car! Hmmmm...

Happy to share it, buddy! :)

That 16" width can only be (+) or (-) a few millimeters, and I don't think a 15.5" deep shelf would be safe for your Batmobile to sit on.
Can't you just add another wider custom cut panel on top of the shelf to give you the much needed width? a 1/2" MDF panel cut to dimension in HD would be dirt cheap though you would need to paint/coat/cover it with something. I would always try to get more width and display vehicles in an angle to show it off in all it's gory I mean glory :panic:
To be honest it could hang a 1/2" over the back edge of the shelf and would probably be fine. I've measured it out and done the math for the one and only place I could possibly display this thing in my home; here, I'll show you...

attachment.php

But I hate that it'd be stuck in this side profile at all times with no angle, because you're absolutely right Geil - it'd look so much better from an angle.

To be honest it could hang a 1/2" over the back edge of the shelf and would probably be fine. I've measured it out and done the math for the one and only place I could possibly display this thing in my home; here, I'll show you...

attachment.php

But I hate that it'd be stuck in this side profile at all times with no angle, because you're absolutely right Geil - it'd look so much better from an angle.

Ahh Ikea Expedite!! Well I did the following with mine to extend the width for a future setup for some Star Wars stuff and it will work for you just as well with this cheap solution from again Ikea ;)
photomar16232052.jpg

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124668

You may have to cut the middle one up to fit it all into your space and you may not want to have a shelf sticking out another few inches (again you could cut the table top and hide the cut in the back to custom size it for any size you need. Go crazy and add two layers in a step formation and then add spot lights on the lower step to shine on the Batmobile ......... argh can;t stop thinking about ways to display this grail!!!!!

For me personally, there is no better way to display this amazing car other than on a rotating display base! It just needs to be admired in 360!!!

va9a3ysy.jpg

ah stop talking and tell me/us what you have in mind for this beauty!!!!!! We saw what you did for Keaton now how are you going to extend it to do this? How large and is it going to replace your dinning table???? I needs to know!!! :panic::panic:
:blissysmi

Ahh Ikea Expedite!! Well I did the following with mine to extend the width for a future setup for some Star Wars stuff and it will work for you just as well with this cheap solution from again Ikea ;)
photomar16232052.jpg

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124668

You may have to cut the middle one up to fit it all into your space and you may not want to have a shelf sticking out another few inches (again you could cut the table top and hide the cut in the back to custom size it for any size you need. Go crazy and add two layers in a step formation and then add spot lights on the lower step to shine on the Batmobile ......... argh can;t stop thinking about ways to display this grail!!!!!
Thanks, Geil. I don't think I want to build a platform on top, but you got me thinking; as an alternative to putting the car on top of the shelf (like I did in my mockup), I could also take out the three vertical divides in the upper most shelf (where the blu-rays are now) and put the car in there. It'd be more at eye level then instead of 6' up in the air where you could only ever see the side.

I agree with Geil, the Toynami is sleeker and smoother looking, sexy in appearance.

But the size of the HT obliterates all that away. :lol

ah stop talking and tell me/us what you have in mind for this beauty!!!!!! We saw what you did for Keaton now how are you going to extend it to do this? How large and is it going to replace your dinning table???? I needs to know!!! :panic::panic:
:blissysmi

:lol :lol okay okay! Well the plan is to create an identical style Batcave diorama as I used for the DX09 and then create some kind of platform so that Keaton is placed way above the Batmobile...at least that's the idea. Whether or not it will work is another story!

Back