1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

You can't.

I wanted to do this too (hate that the box will have BATMOBILE COLLECTIBLE written all over it) but Sideshow only allows pack out for figure sized boxes, that's it.

I hope they atleast wrap it in paper, but who are we kidding, this is sideshow. They're the only company that doesn't double box and asks for $10 if you want a cheap outer cardboard box.

When I bought the first Tumbler back in the day,I went through Ebay and Goodshipped.He made a magnificent job of packaging it with extra polystyrene sheets and brown paper.Even got it through customs unnoticed!!I would have gone with him or H-KApestore this time but left it very late in the day ordering it.

Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

"Excuse me, sir, would you buy me a Hot Toys Batmobile, for which I would gladly pay you back Tuesday (or, more specifically, the second Tuesday of next week)."

$105 shipped to Texas! I won't be able to get my Keaton or Arkham City Bats to go with this beauty...

Chicken before the egg???

My wife would kill me if I get this. Though she like the 89 film.

It's beautiful, and the box looks great also. Shipping here is the same as the flex pay at 113 for me.

Don't know if anyone getting this got the ivy pf, but they were gonna over charge everyone on shipping for her until we all started questioning it and they lowered
It some. If they are going to charge over 100, they need to help collectors out who did flex and just add a month to it if some need it.I don't think people were expecting close to 250 or more on the last payment.

As for me I ordered one with flex and one pay in full. Its gonna hit hard, but I don't have anything else coming for some time (mime jack, rock gi joe)

Chicken before the egg???

My wife would kill me if I get this. Though she like the 89 film.

Mine will probably have the divorce papers ready by the time I get home. Or banish me to the couch to sleep with my "new lady".

I wanted the Keaton Batman they released, but when I heard they were going to do a Returns version I stopped myself. I prefer the Returns suit. Like i said earlier, if i can have this displayed with the Returns Keaton, then I have my fav elements from the Burton films. If I display it with Arkham City Batman then I have what i deem to be the ultimate versions of each.

It's beautiful, and the box looks great also. Shipping here is the same as the flex pay at 113 for me.

Don't know if anyone getting this got the ivy pf, but they were gonna over charge everyone on shipping for her until we all started questioning it and they lowered
It some. If they are going to charge over 100, they need to help collectors out who did flex and just add a month to it if some need it.I don't think people were expecting close to 250 or more on the last payment.

As for me I ordered one with flex and one pay in full. Its gonna hit hard, but I don't have anything else coming for some time (mime jack, rock gi joe)

I have nothing to add to the 89 Batmobile discussion. Wish I could as I clearly remember seeing it in the theatre still as a 11 year old. Still a favorite, would love to have it. Bought the 89 Bats and Joker which are the first two Hot Toys I saw. Just like to give a nod, as I started watching the Twin Peaks series again the other night for the 100th time. Good to see another fan on this board, and I'm sure you are probably not the only.

oh my gosh, how close are we to seeing this at last? we just saw the box people

I'd so rather have this than the Tumbler.

Y'know of all the 80s big boy items I've got Powerloader from Aliens and ED-209 from Robocop....then I've got the Tumbler....its a bit odd one out in that group. 89mobile would be a much better fit.

I'd so rather have this than the Tumbler.

Y'know of all the 80s big boy items I've got Powerloader from Aliens and ED-209 from Robocop....then I've got the Tumbler....its a bit odd one out in that group. 89mobile would be a much better fit.

anger-management-o.gif

Not to mention the Batmobile will be the largest 80s big boy yet.

anger-management-o.gif

Not to mention the Batmobile will be the largest 80s big boy yet.

I'll keep an eye on Timcent's page to see what it would run me compared to Forbidden Planet or some other UK site. Sometimes its cheaper ordering from him.

If I were to buy this though I think I'd have to make some painful 'selling' choices. I'd still want my multiple DX13s and whatnot and he too is almost imminent. September I think, but time flies.

I know I'm probably going to use that monster of a box as a storage unit and put it all in a closet somewhere. That thing looks like it definitely could contain a couple of MMS boxes and even a DX box or two.

Hell, might not be a bad idea to drape something nice over the box and put the Batmobile on top of it. I'm glad it's a nice, classy black box. Plenty of space on top for Batman and his car.

I may have to set up some terminators as body guards with velvet rope around the batmobile with a big *** SIGN that says DONT TOUCH !!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

I know I'm probably going to use that monster of a box as a storage unit and put it all in a closet somewhere. That thing looks like it definitely could contain a couple of MMS boxes and even a DX box or two.

Hell, might not be a bad idea to drape something nice over the box and put the Batmobile on top of it. I'm glad it's a nice, classy black box. Plenty of space on top for Batman and his car.

I'm actually using the Tumbler box like that. I used to have my Pescadero diorama on it but it was jutting out into the bay window a bit too much so I did a rearrange, flipped it over so its vertical and now have my 1:4 Terminators and a few 1:6s on top.

How could this be approx 22kg?! That is just too heavy for a car made of plastic.

Back