1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Thanks ZE. So it might take damage in direct sunlight no matter what protection I pay for. I'll have another look to see if there's any wall that doesn't get blasted at some point during the day.

Yeah Id tend to agree.
Im lucky as Iv got mine displayed at the top of my staircase in a large enclave that receives no natural light.
So my acrylic case is purely for dust protection/that & its very easy to actually open up.

Im even luckier that my wife let me put it there!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks ZE. So it might take damage in direct sunlight no matter what protection I pay for. I'll have another look to see if there's any wall that doesn't get blasted at some point during the day.

Yeah, wavelengths of light aside, heating up and temperature swings will do the materials no favours over time.

Re: Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Yeah Id tend to agree.
Im lucky as Iv got mine displayed at the top of my staircase in a large enclave that receives no natural light.
So my acrylic case is purely for dust protection/that & its very easy to actually open up.

Im even luckier that my wife let me put it there!!!

I'm trying to have my cake and eat it you see by trying to display some stuff outside of the actual display room. I've got this huge collection, really obscenely large, I've bought way too much in a 25 year career of collecting. I have now the biggest room I'm probably ever going to have for the stuff and I'm finding it's not big enough - not if I want to finally display stuff attractively. I've been buying for some fantasy, like as though the room was the size of the warehouse at the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark.

But anyway, it means I need to completely re-evaluate what I have, what I hope to display and what my future collecting ambitions are, if any....*gulp*

Agreed. Budgetary restrictions aside, the only way I'd consider something that big would be if I had a man cave akin to Darth Dennis's, and then only if I had a place to hang it similar to how he has his Millennium Falcon.

Could it be close to a 1/6 scale? So massive but so cool!

The one I ordered from Jazz Inc is 1/6. He confirmed it will be wall mountable so that?s exactly how I?m gonna display it. There is no other option.
451d3bb8baacd5584f6fe0f9f916b7bb.jpg
I have my BTAS Batwing mounted on a wall currently.
bfefebfe8960acdd047de3204bc1166c.jpg

Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

The one I ordered from Jazz Inc is 1/6. He confirmed it will be wall mountable so that?s exactly how I?m gonna display it. There is no other option.
451d3bb8baacd5584f6fe0f9f916b7bb.jpg
I have my BTAS Batwing mounted on a wall currently.
bfefebfe8960acdd047de3204bc1166c.jpg

That is awesome to hear. I was slightly concerned about the 1/6 scale Batwing being wall-mountable. What are you using in the picture to mount the Animated Batwing? Looks like a guitar stand.

Re: Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

That is awesome to hear. I was slightly concerned about the 1/6 scale Batwing being wall-mountable. What are you using in the picture to mount the Animated Batwing? Looks like a guitar stand.

I believe it?s used as a bike rack from Home Depot
ba505abc5dcfcea2b6bebc5abb251c64.jpg

Congrats to all have ordered this 1/6 Batwing !!!
Please post pics next year!
Personally i’ve completely abandoned the idea of getting one when I realized that, as an European customer, I would pay a minimum of 500$ just for the custom fees...
Now why do not create a specific thread for this Batwing and leave this one free for the Batmobile?

+1 ht batmobile owner. got it from a trade 4 years ago.

Another one out of the woodwork!

Updated: 37 '89 Batmobile Owners

1. creasy
  2. DiFabio
  3. DiFabio (has 2)
  4. Jolietbat
  5. ZE_501
  6. Figurefreaks
  7. darkknight
  8. Rondesmo
  9. otomofan
  10. batman717
  11. Cicada17
  12. Ropen
  13. a-dev
  14. Bgnyc007
  15. Jameson Rook
  16. Marine Boy
  17. Sephiroth1089
  18. punisher1974
  19. dls712
  20. t3xAsFi3nd
  21. ILuvToyz
  22. amusedjester
  23. amos brearly
  24. kyekye
  25. Captnemo42
  26. batsheva
  27. TexasFinest
  28. davejames
  29. Positron
  30. DarthAlias
  31. Sardo Numspa
  32. morbidaj
  33. Karnis
  34. xzbit
  35. bdhartma
  36. PH@Ben
  37. c2close

Updated: 40 '89 Batmobile Owners

1. creasy
  2. DiFabio
  3. DiFabio (has 2)
  4. Jolietbat
  5. ZE_501
  6. Figurefreaks
  7. darkknight
  8. Rondesmo
  9. otomofan
  10. batman717
  11. Cicada17
  12. Ropen
  13. a-dev
  14. Bgnyc007
  15. Jameson Rook
  16. Marine Boy
  17. Sephiroth1089
  18. punisher1974
  19. dls712
  20. t3xAsFi3nd
  21. ILuvToyz
  22. amusedjester
  23. amos brearly
  24. kyekye
  25. Captnemo42
  26. batsheva
  27. TexasFinest
  28. davejames
  29. Positron
  30. DarthAlias
  31. Sardo Numspa
  32. morbidaj
  33. Karnis
  34. xzbit
  35. bdhartma
  36. PH@Ben
  37. c2close
  38. justajokerfan
  39. roach_rch
  40. ebro42

I've got one as well! Ordered it from Sideshow years ago.

I own one as well!

I've got one.
[...]

I've also got the 89 Batmobile.

Bought it new from angolz toys out of Hong Kong via amazon in 2015. I paid $750 and shipping was free :)

I'm struggling to figure out how I'm going to display mine. I know the wings are detachable (for shipping), so I'm hesitant to mount it on the wall for fear it won't be stable. That's an awful lot of money to fall and hit the floor.

I've also got the 1966 Batmobile on order with Joost, so I have to build a decent size cabinet before September, anyway.

I love the 1/6 vehicles, I just wish I would've payed attention way back in Geometry class to figure out how to make everything fit :)

Back