1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is your plan?

I've purchased (new) a different coffee table that was the dimensions I'd wanted and had a styling I thought I could work with. It needs a fair amount of re-working, but the 'bones' are there. Already sawed off some non essential side supports, have cut slats to fit, a bottom shelf of MDF and will likely move towards
attaching some side supports tonight for the slats to rest on, to support the bottom shelf.

When all is said and done, the entire thing will have a custom bottom shelf (emulating a Gotham street) and will need a custom repaint, too. I already made two Gotham City manhole covers out of rigid foam to set into the 'pavement'. It's a lot of work, but hopefully it'll be a rewarding (and functional) display!

Or.................it will just be a colossal disaster and waste of money.

Ha ha......I keed, I keed! I'm pretty confident I can get it where I want it. :)

3C45C159-4D9B-45F2-AC2F-76444DA0B8F7_zpsxyc6ryqn.jpg

665A6FD2-1EAF-4F19-979F-8B4DB19AB598_zps0d5jne63.jpg
Found a parking for my Batmobile. Hope dusting won't be a problem.

Well, that's certainly an out of the way spot. But if someone slams that door too hard, that's a long way down!

Good point, the Batmobile rotating base is pretty solid and well balanced. The door for my half bath is also light and you can't really slam it. And the half bath is really solid with little to no vibrations.

I was hoping my tumbler would also fit nicely there.

Finally got my Batmobile from a amazon seller from Japan, 14 days from day ordered to received. Trying to post pictures but having problems trying to on my iPhone with the new layout.

Did u have to deal with any custom charges... theres alot of stuff on amazon I want that the sellers ship from Japan but worried about custom charges...

Did u have to deal with any custom charges... theres alot of stuff on amazon I want that the sellers ship from Japan but worried about custom charges...

No I didn't need to pay for any other charges. This was actually shipped out from Japan on the 15th and delivered to me in Hawaii yesterday on the 20th from FedEx.

The seller actually replied within hours after I emailed if I had any questions, the inside box was still sealed, the outer brown shipping box was re-taped because the invoice was put in it. I was a bit worried too but it was a good transaction.

Thanks, what do you recommend using that wont scratch the Batmobile?

I'm using microfiber cloths. For the smaller nooks and crannies I'm also looking into ( brace yourself ) make up brushes :D . Got this tip from a fellow collector .

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

No I didn't need to pay for any other charges. This was actually shipped out from Japan on the 15th and delivered to me in Hawaii yesterday on the 20th from FedEx.

The seller actually replied within hours after I emailed if I had any questions, the inside box was still sealed, the outer brown shipping box was re-taped because the invoice was put in it. I was a bit worried too but it was a good transaction.

Hey, what part of Hawaii? I'm in the Waialae area...

I'm using microfiber cloths. For the smaller nooks and crannies I'm also looking into ( brace yourself ) make up brushes :D . Got this tip from a fellow collector .

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Cool thanks, I used to use paint brush to get in the nooks on my statue, I think horse hair...
Hey, what part of Hawaii? I'm in the Waialae area...

I'm in Ewa Beach, man I used to always go to collector maniacs but stopped because of the owner. Still check out geckos once in a while.

Cool thanks, I used to use paint brush to get in the nooks on my statue, I think horse hair...

I'm in Ewa Beach, man I used to always go to collector maniacs but stopped because of the owner. Still check out geckos once in a while.

LOL...I know both Robert and Ted very well! I pretty much quit buying comics in 2012, so haven't been to either store in a while. My friend and I use to even own a shop in Kailua called "Pogo Stick" back in the mid 90's!

Last edited:
I don't know what it is but there's some things thats starting to ruin the look for me now. Is the front slopes too steep? and the curves too pointed?

The front doesn't seem to have that slightly fat soft curve around all the angles and turbine. Especially the lower lip below the turbine.

https://www.autoblog.com/photos/1989-batmobile-barrett-jackson-2014/#photo-2162234

Is that the original film car? Looks way off to me...

Edit: If I remember correctly Hot Toys was able to laser scan the original car so it matches almost perfectly. I think even the fins are just slightly different sizes like the real car. Could be making all that up though, I am sure someone on here remembers much better than I do...

Back