1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never saw a rod in the movie… I assumed it was there to stop it slamming back if you're lifting it.

It's there in that exact scene you picked. That youtube clip is just so low resolution that it's barely visible. Watch it on DVD or Blu-ray and the rod is much clearer the very first time the Batmobile's canopy opens. They remove it in scenes where it would interfere with the shot, but you can still see the nub on the interior. In the first Batmobile scene in Returns, Batman even braces himself on the rod while getting out of the car.

I'll be damned!

ia0n.png

Cute. So he held onto the rod.
e252.png

Last edited:
I think he needed it to get in or lift himself out. I didn't bother putting it in but then again, mine is still in the box

Batman (or Keaton) did not need the rod to help him in or out, I think it's there because it's part of the mechanism that pushes and pulls the canopy shut, not as an assisted grip for the actors. Of course, when it's there, it's natural to grab it.

Then why at the car shows it's worked fine on it's own without the rod? There's many clips.

Then why at the car shows it's worked fine on it's own without the rod? There's many clips.

I really dunno. Maybe on the replica cars they had better tech / more time to engineer a solution for the canopy to open and close itself without the rod. My point is, the purpose of the rod is probably not to help him get in or out since he's done it fine without it, and if he really needed to grab something, the canopy itself is already right there.

Also as far as I remember, the rod ONLY shows up right when the canopy opens when there is no cut-away of the shot. In other scenes when they cut to an already-open canopy, or the canopy as it shuts, the rod is not visible...probably because it is unnecessary and would interfere with the scene. When the Batmobile is close cropped in the shot and the canopy closes, I wouldn't be surprised if some off-camera crew member was really pushing it shut.

Those videos really show how completely oversized the Hot Toys Batmobile is. It's like 1:5 scale!

I was thinking the same thing when I first got it as the figure did look a little small stood along side it and you look at BB with Keaton's head popping out, it does look smaller.
Odd why they made it so big.

Finally got my Batmobile from a amazon seller from Japan, 14 days from day ordered to received. Trying to post pictures but having problems trying to on my iPhone with the new layout.

Early dismissal due to the impending snowstorm up here in New England. Woot! Planning to work on my custom display cabinet for this bad boy! I'll start a thread in the display forum(s) when I've got progress pics to show. Excited to have something to both protect and show off this beauty, while being a bit different from the other (equally great) displays we've seen so far!

Early dismissal due to the impending snowstorm up here in New England. Woot! Planning to work on my custom display cabinet for this bad boy! I'll start a thread in the display forum(s) when I've got progress pics to show. Excited to have something to both protect and show off this beauty, while being a bit different from the other (equally great) displays we've seen so far!

What is your plan?

Nice tease! Let us know when you start the new thread.

Back