1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi everyone!

I tried to post a few weeks ago bu it didn't worked, i don't know why...

I write you from France ( so my english is not perfect... so be nice!)

In order to resume quickly, i'm a batman fan specialy of the 89 one since i saw the movie at theatre when i was a kid.
I discovered the Hot Toys world when keaton bat come out and this figure is freking real! When they announced 1989 Batmobile, i said first that it was too big and pricy and i first thought that i should forget it, but when i saw he firsts reviews i thought that hot toys made an effort and improved the prototype ( adding lihts, dashboard details etc...).
So i couldn't resist furher and i PO on july this year. I was devasted for those who received them scratched and i pray that mine will come perfect...:pray:
In Europe it seems to be delivered between october and november... So i have to be patient...

I begin to freak when i see those kind of picture...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

How will can i put it in my car to bring up at home???
For the moment i have no space to display it ( like it seems a lot of people here...:lol ) but i'm thinking to move next year...

The only thing that for me is not accurate is the color of the rims... They are too lights and are supposed to be darker even if they're not deep black like in returns. When i'll received this baby, this will be the first thing to fix!

Jedster, congrats for yours, it is gorgeous!!!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

How did you removed the wheels? Is it easy? i just don't want to brake or destroy something on! Thank you!

:wave

Just received this today, It is beyond awesome!!worry about space later, once you see it you WILL make space for it.

I made up my mind.

No, I don't need this.

Even at this incredible discount of $350 I simply can't justify spending that money on a plastic toy car when I don't even have a proper bed or a kitchen table in my apartment.

I'm a grown *** man and I need to act like one. I love toys and I'll never stop loving toys. I will never stop getting pleasure from adding to and appreciating my collection....but this is just going too far.

I think there's a difference between people that like "toys" and people that are into high-end collectables. And the last few years I dipped my toe into the collectables world, and now I'm retreating back to toys.

I want toys that are durable and solid and playable. I love my Hot Toys 89 Batman but honestly I'm afraid to even touch the thing. I'm content with my 1/18th Hot Wheels Batmobile....I'm much more overjoyed about the upcoming NECA 10 inch ED 209 than the $400 Hot Toys version.

I'm happy for all guys and even envious that you can afford this stuff, but I really can't and I need to slowly back away! I don't mind spending a hundred bucks on something I know I'm really going to enjoy...but when it starts going over $200, $300.....I have to draw the line.

And this stuff is just too BIG for me too! I am much happier in a 3 3/4" or 6" scale...honestly 6" is pretty much perfect. Wish Mattel would just give us a damn 6" Keaton Batman already. And the SDCC Boba Fett is the best Fett figure I've ever owned...I'm so much happier with it than a 12" figure.

So it looks like it's gonna be Hasbro and Mattel and NECA for me. No more Hot Toys or BanDai or all the rest of that.

Anyway, sorry to go off on all this stuff here....this is just my personal opinion about my own situation, not in any way a reflection on other collectors.

12" toys are a hell of a drug.......

How will can i put it in my car to bring up at home???
For the moment i have no space to display it ( like it seems a lot of people here...:lol ) but i'm thinking to move next year...

:wave

Welcome to the freaksboard, buddy! And bring a VAN to pick this up, unless you have a really spacious car!

I made up my mind.

No, I don't need this.

Even at this incredible discount of $350 I simply can't justify spending that money on a plastic toy car when I don't even have a proper bed or a kitchen table in my apartment.

I'm a grown *** man and I need to act like one. I love toys and I'll never stop loving toys. I will never stop getting pleasure from adding to and appreciating my collection....but this is just going too far.

I think there's a difference between people that like "toys" and people that are into high-end collectables. And the last few years I dipped my toe into the collectables world, and now I'm retreating back to toys.

I want toys that are durable and solid and playable. I love my Hot Toys 89 Batman but honestly I'm afraid to even touch the thing. I'm content with my 1/18th Hot Wheels Batmobile....I'm much more overjoyed about the upcoming NECA 10 inch ED 209 than the $400 Hot Toys version.

I'm happy for all guys and even envious that you can afford this stuff, but I really can't and I need to slowly back away! I don't mind spending a hundred bucks on something I know I'm really going to enjoy...but when it starts going over $200, $300.....I have to draw the line.

And this stuff is just too BIG for me too! I am much happier in a 3 3/4" or 6" scale...honestly 6" is pretty much perfect. Wish Mattel would just give us a damn 6" Keaton Batman already. And the SDCC Boba Fett is the best Fett figure I've ever owned...I'm so much happier with it than a 12" figure.

So it looks like it's gonna be Hasbro and Mattel and NECA for me. No more Hot Toys or BanDai or all the rest of that.

Anyway, sorry to go off on all this stuff here....this is just my personal opinion about my own situation, not in any way a reflection on other collectors.

Such conviction. As an action figure lover I'm sure it was a tough decision for you, and I admire your willpower. I've seen a lot of people who bought stuff that's beyond necessary beyond their wallets' strength, and it didn't go too well. As DM said, it was a very resonsible decision. Kudos to you bud!

I can relate Otomofan in some fashion here. it' really is hard to justify that sort of money for a toy.

I am now 38 and still rent my home. I cannot help but feel massively irresponsible if I were to get this. I spent 300 on the Enterbay BD T2 and that I swore was my limit.

I could of course sell my Space Adam to pay for this but then my apartment will look less like a home and more like a museum.

I understand not being able to afford ,but after seeing how good some figure's can be or look. There's NO WAY could enjoy goin back to lower end made toys. Hot toys and sideshow burned that bridge for me when I traded up to 1/6 figure's. I LOVE the overall set up you can get from 1/6 and still can have the toy/museum art piece feel and enjoy without it feeling like a toy.

I understand not being able to afford ,but after seeing how good some figure's can be or look. There's NO WAY could enjoy goin back to lower end made toys. Hot toys and sideshow burned that bridge for me when I traded up to 1/6 figure's. I LOVE the overall set up you can get from 1/6 and still can have the toy/museum art piece feel and enjoy without it feeling like a toy.

Some good points here!

I personally do both high and low end. I also collect Masters of the Universe Classics and might be tempted by the Star Wars Black series.

But I do have to be strict.

I made up my mind.

No, I don't need this.

I'm a grown *** man and I need to act like one.

:lol

I made a similar post a couple of months back. About 24 hours later I ordered the Batmobile.

We have a right to change our minds.............and yes I take bold stances and say I'm stopping for awhile on HT and the next day something catches my eye and .....

:lol

I made a similar post a couple of months back. About 24 hours later I ordered the Batmobile.

A-dev A: right, that's my final decision - common sense prevails.
A-dev B: good for us! That sure took some will power.
A-dev A: it sure did, whew!
A-dev B: such will power deserves a reward, don'tcha think?
A-dev A: why yes, I believe it does.
A-dev B: well go on... we've proved our point, toys are not the boss of us. Now let's go ahead and order that bad boy!
A-dev A: yessir!

I'm confused^ this is Batman music??

I guess that means you never played Batman Returns on the SEGA CD. At least for the driving stages. At 27:10 for the stage with the music I posted.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMc0IDbkzCs[/ame]

That was the actual music in the game? How ill-fitting. Nah I played Batman Returns on the SNES which had the proper Elfman music.

That was the actual music in the game? How ill-fitting. Nah I played Batman Returns on the SNES which had the proper Elfman music.

I have the SNES game too. The driving stages were more fun in the SEGA CD version. At least from what I remember. Just look at those jumps in the video.

The music was back in SEGA's crazy (or stupid) spending days. They let the same composer change the music on Sonic CD. And the Japanese version of Sonic CD has great music. There was no reason to change it, that was money thrown away for no reason. The Batman Returns music is ok. At least when I was young. I still like many tracks enough for it to stay in my car. The sewer track is good too. A post on youtube mentioned that it sounds like elevator music or something. But you can't beat that driving scene with the bat symbol in the sky.

Last edited:
Back