1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just to update anyone who cares....

I called and spoke to AE and I told them that I wanted to return the Batmobile. At that point, the person I was speaking to replied with something along the lines of this...

well hold on. maybe I can call SS and see if I can get you more than $50 back.

I said no. they had their chance. i would like to return this for a refund.

so, to be clear, I have no issues with AE. But the fact that they told me that they could get more is ULTRA shady to me. Seems like SS is trying to low ball us, and then they will POTENTIALLY offer more if you tell them to stick it.

so for anyone on the fence....just remember.....the squeaky wheel gets the grease. its really sad that we are left negotiating this mess. i really wanted to like it, but SS and HT combined for a screw up here that I cant participate in any longer. Im out. Keep your batmobile. choke on it.

Like I said before, they are probably offering him the $50 back because he is a dealer and ultimately paid a lot less for it from SSC. I think that's why people that ordered direct are getting the larger $65-$75 refund or whatever. They are probably offering the dealer back $50 from what he paid. It's probably a percentage thing... those that bought from SSC paid $630 so the $65 refund is about 10%... so if the dealer bought from SSC at $500 at their dist. disc, they would be offered the 10% refund as well... but it would only come out to $50.

I'm taking the $100 refund from AE. I only paid $592 shipped for the thing in the first place so after the refund that means I'll have less than $500 in it. If I wanted to get a new one from SS or BBTS it would cost me well over $700 so I've decided I can live with one small scuff that's barely visible if it means saving $200.

I'm taking the $100 refund from AE. I only paid $592 shipped for the thing in the first place so after the refund that means I'll have less than $500 in it. If I wanted to get a new one from SS or BBTS it would cost me well over $700 so I've decided I can live with one small scuff that's barely visible if it means saving $200.

Now that u mentioned this. I see people will purposely scracth theirs. Thats one big refnd and tht shld have been the cost of the vehicle to begin with...

Yup same. I told Josh I want a RMA he told me to wait for Alex. Alex tells me they're offering $35, I told him I want a RMA and that I'm not interested in a partial refund. He emails me today saying if I would like the $100 they can do the refund process and I just replied telling him I don't want anything other than a RMA label.

This is getting annoying. :slap

Doing business with SS is like doing business with the mafia.

Okay, 2+ weeks after receiving mine (1 of those on family vac), I finally have time and space to open the monster up (Had to park my car outside to free up space in my garage). I must say I am very impressed. The cockpit itself is a see it to believe it moment all by itself. I am happy to report that the lights work, the canopy can slide open properly, no glue on the windows and my armor does not have visible damage. That being said, I used a torchlight and noticed that I have 2 small vertical lines "ll" between the canopy and the round back window on the passenger side, there is also a scratch near the gas cap by the passenger side as well. Fortunately, both are not really visible under normal lighting. I am now using some of my kid's clothes (nice and clean ones, of course) to put between the car and the armor. Overall, I am very happy with the car, a little bit bummed about the 2 scratches, but nothing like what the others here have shown. To those who are less fortunate than me, I truly feel your pain.

Last edited:
Doing business with SS is like doing business with the mafia.

They will try to push $ back as this was already included in margin. Its easier to do the partial refund than to try and sell these cars with damage. The reason the prices are so high these days is cause they already include some 20 pct or so per product for such instances. Obviously not all prods will be damaged, nor replaced, so usually great margin business if defect free production takes place. Worst case still enough to push back $$s. if and only if they get rma request from everyone who has received a scracth or so here or there, will they learn a true lesson.

For me, the one small scuff was not significant enough to warrant going through the return process and then trying to secure one at a much higher price. As I said before, I can live with it for the $200+ I'm saving.

Well, SS finally got back to me on my scratched Batmobile (with extremely ventilated display box). $75 store credit/ $65 credit card refund/ or return for full refund.

I am not sure what I am going to do. I love the car, and my scratches aren't that bad... I am just a little disappointed that they just offered up the same refund as the scratch issue and totally ignored my damaged display box. Hmmm.... What to do.

No problem. The video was awesome. Loved the little bits of your collection we got to see. And like I said in an earlier post. I hope my son (5 months now) is as excited about all of this as you son seems to be. I would love to share my Batman and collecting obsession with him.

Thanks man... And it is all in how you raise them. :) I am not saying force them in to liking this stuff, but if you offer these characters up to kids in the right way- They eat them up. After all, that was who they were made for to begin with. I just think a lot of companies (movies, toys, tv) have forgotten that somewhere along the way. :)

Sallah

... And it is all in how you raise them. :) I am not saying force them in to liking this stuff, but if you offer these characters up to kids in the right way- They eat them up. After all, that was who they were made for to begin with. I just think a lot of companies (movies, toys, tv) have forgotten that somewhere along the way. :)

I have not shown my kids (4yrs B and 2yrs G) this car yet as they will certainly flip out and likely want to take it out and ride it like their Lightning McQueen. But like you said, I have been showing them some of my HT figures and took them to a comic book store nearby. The little man likes and recognizes Batman, Spiderman, Superman and Iron Man now, and gets scared by Cap, Hulk & Thor...only time will tell...

No white showing through on my scuff. In fact, unless you shine a bright light directly on the area you can't even see anything there. The way I've got mine displayed it's not visible at all and I'm probably the only one that will ever know it's there so it's definitely not worth the hassle of boxing it back up, hauling it to my nearest UPS store and then trying to find a replacement at a significantly higher cost. If the scuff was worse or it had more significant damage I would definitely send it back, but mine is minor at worst so I'm just gonna take the $100.

Add one to the return to Sideshow. Mine had two scuffs on passenger side. Canopy not too bad, but by window was scratched in. Sideshow can choke on the damaged ones as far as I'm concerned. Partial refund declined. I just can't justify keeping it with the damage. I can't see past at $500.

AE informed me that a local SS rep will come to my house to pick up the bat mobile. I live in NC.

WHAT?

I'd ask to see their credentials and verify that they do, in fact, work for SSC. I kinda find that hard to believe. This isn't Hasbro or Mattel regional reps. Not to mention traveling expenses. They're better off just eating shipping costs. Sounds like they are stalling until you get frustrated and give up. If this is how they are dealing with returns now then they are going to get back more than just a scratch.

I'd ask to see their credentials and verify that they do, in fact, work for SSC. I kinda find that hard to believe. This isn't Hasbro or Mattel regional reps. Not to mention traveling expenses. They're better off just eating shipping costs. Sounds like they are stalling until you get frustrated and give up. If this is how they are dealing with returns now then they are going to get back more than just a scratch.
It actually sounds more like it's a local authorized retailer that they are contacting to pick it up. If so I'm sure they will let them sell it locally at a steep discount. It actually makes sense to me instead of them eating the shipping charges.

It actually sounds more like it's a local authorized retailer that they are contacting to pick it up. If so I'm sure they will let them sell it locally at a steep discount. It actually makes sense to me instead of them eating the shipping charges.

If that were true why not just give a reasonable partial refund to those who got a bad one?

Snapped a few more shots of the miscellaneous interior detailing:

9455625872_7cc58fddf4_b.jpg

9455627024_ae6e75ef8c_b.jpg

9452847081_619299bd19_b.jpg

9452846703_455b930b9f_b.jpg

Last edited:
This whole thing has been handled poorly by both companies. For $600 no one should have to settle for a scuffed up toy car. A $65 refund is a slap to the face.

I'd be sending it back for a full refund and be done with it.

Back