1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

If you guys could have seen the smile on my face when I set this down on the shelf and took a few steps back... I am still smiling.

Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Josh from AE told me he's honoring the shipping cost their website gave in shipment. Canceling my order from BBTS and getting it for $640 from AE. :yess:

Grats to those who got it. I'm still debating what the hell to do with the box and shield. Wish I can just throw it all out.

thats some BS. he charged me $92. i live 3 states away.:mad:

If you guys could have seen the smile on my face when I set this down on the shelf and took a few steps back... I am still smiling.

:horror:horror:horror:horror

You have one heck of a display there. :hi5: Mind if I ask where you got that shelf piece for this one? I might do that myself and have it on my wall.

Does it hold up well? It looks like the shelf will break or fall under the weight of it.

thats some BS. he charged me $92. i live 3 states away.:mad:
Most likey because you ordered it before they sold out and had it up again. He said they were honoring the price people paid when they ordered it before that happened and already had their orders placed.

:horror:horror:horror:horror

You have one heck of a display there. :hi5: Mind if I ask where you got that shelf piece for this one? I might do that myself and have it on my wall.

Does it hold up well? It looks like the shelf will break or fall under the weight of it.

Most likey because you ordered it before they sold out and had it up again. He said they were honoring the price people paid when they ordered it before that happened and already had their orders placed.

All of the components of the shelves are made by rubbermaid bought at my local Home Depot. I have the rails the shelves are locked on to screwed in to studs all the way down the wall. These things can hold a lot of weight from what Iv been led to believe.

In fact I had a ton of books sitting above the tumbler for awhile. I have had this set up for a little over 2 years now and have not noticed any sign that these are going to give way.
Here is my other wall in the room. I have the same shelving system here, It makes a great work bench for my other hobbies. Its a little messy atm Had to move a lot of junk to fit the
89 car where it is.

Last edited:

All of the components of the shelves are made by rubbermaid bought at my local Home Depot. I have the rails the shelves are locked on to screwed in to studs all the way down the wall. These things can hold a lot of weight from what Iv been led to believe.

In fact I had a ton of books sitting above the tumbler for awhile. I have had this set up for a little over 2 years now and have not noticed any sign that these are going to give way.
Thanks for the heads up. Going to check out homedepot and show them your picture to see if they can ring up a similar set up. :clap

Here is my other wall in the room. I have the same shelving system here, It makes a great work bench for my other hobbies. Its a little messy atm Had to move a lot of junk to fit the
89 car where it is.

Black Cat. :rotfl

Thanks for the heads up. Going to check out homedepot and show them your picture to see if they can ring up a similar set up. :clap

Another thing is that I am using multiple boards on one level I just bought brackets to make sure they stay together. I do this to make them wider for the cars and longer to go all the way down the wall.

Another thing is that I am using multiple boards on one level I just bought brackets to make sure they stay together. I do this to make them wider for the cars and longer to go all the way down the wall.

Ah it's two boards put together? Thought it was one big shelf. Thanks for the heads up on that! You basically got everything at Home Depot?

Ah it's two boards put together? Thought it was one big shelf. Thanks for the heads up on that! You basically got everything at Home Depot?

yes sir... everything.

you not scare that the cat will scratch the batmobile or run over those figures ?:horror

She already knocked over a classic Predator and chewed off the hair when she was really young... Now I think she has gotten to fat to do any jumping up on those shelves.

It's here! and my table is perfect for it alone, however. The figure next to the vehicle makes it look crowded. Here is a photo of the table, I will post a photo of the Batmobile on it tomorrow when I have more daylight.

It's fantastic!:yess::dance

Mine will be here tomorrow. Oh Yeah!!!!

Tried putting bats in he didnt want to go. On another note peeled off the plastic from the shield and looks much better. If can peel the plastic off all in one peice around the wheels armor you wont picking the plastic from under the armor hubcaps.

and now im smiling.

amazing set up!

Back