1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You and me both I can't wait, but i took the sacrifice and got this preordered from HK. I just want the extra stuff that the Hot Toys Store gives out on their purchases. It might cost me close to 200usd on shipping though, but we will see. My wallet is going to have a heart attack.

How and where on the Internet can you do that?

Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

How and where on the Internet can you do that?

I have a friend in HK who gets it for me. All he is waiting for that phone call telling him is this batmobile is ready. I bought stuff from him on Ebay and he was one of those sellers who went out of his way to get special items for me. He got me my first HT which was the DX09 and it came with the Batman hot toys bag. He has many buyers but he refuses to get any HT for them, but for me he makes an exception since going to the HT store is the worst experience ever in the sense that just to get newly released items, you have to wait in line for hours on end. What is good though is that if you have a defective unit, you can return it back, and that was the case with my dx09 since it was already leaking from the rubber when I got it, so he exchanged it and got another new from me but what sucked was sending it back to HK since I paid for my shipping expenses.

That kind of service was my dream to open up a Hot Toys Store stateside but nooo Sideshow Toys ruined that for me since they are the solely distributor.

Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

I remain steeped in doubt.

:lolI think I change my mind daily. The order is still open with BBTS, and I think I'm actually leaning towards keeping it.

A *hundred* bucks cheaper at BBTS. I just couldn't hold out any longer and don't want to kick myself later.

:lolI think I change my mind daily. The order is still open with BBTS, and I think I'm actually leaning towards keeping it.

My doubts are more cause of size. No way my apartment will hold this thing with 68 other figures. Unless this sleeps on my bed and i on the couch....

My doubts are more cause of size. No way my apartment will hold this thing with 68 other figures. Unless this sleeps on my bed and i on the couch....

When my girlfriend sees this I might be sleeping on the couch anyway :lol

When my girlfriend sees this I might be sleeping on the couch anyway :lol

Yeh bud... Am married and my wife has been very patient. But for figures i stick to 1/6 and usually nothing bigger than the bat pod. Its not just money, the size is way to much for apartments in california... That darn thing is 3 feet and the box 4 feet. No way my wife will allow that in through the doors.

Well if it arrives broken I'll send it back. I figure it's worth giving them a shot for a hundred bucks less.

Am sure it wont arrive broken. Some minor dings etc in packaging. I think hot toys passes even a bit of imperfection pieces to other resellers over sideshow - so u may get a great piece for 100 dollars less for very minor imperfections on packaging. Inside will be nice and minty

For a hundred bucks the outer box can have some dings. The packaging will just go in storage anyway. :)

U know that its cheap cause of sub standard packing. Its still out of my reach though :)

I won't be surprised if everyone else will use brown paper to wrap and ship this as is. Many damaged boxes will suffice.

U know that its cheap cause of sub standard packing. Its still out of my reach though :)

BigBadToyStore ships their stuff much better than Sideshow in my experience. Unlike Sideshow, they package all of the figures in a second outer box in addition to the Hot Toys shipper without any extra pack out charge. This thing is in a league of it's own, but I don't imagine their packing will be any worse than Sideshow's.

BigBadToyStore ships their stuff much better than Sideshow in my experience. Unlike Sideshow, they package all of the figures in a second outer box in addition to the Hot Toys shipper without any extra pack out charge. This thing is in a league of it's own, but I don't imagine their packing will be any worse than Sideshow's.

The listing on their website says its lower than C8 grade. C6 to C8 usually has minor packing flaws so i am not talking about shipping at all. Also, something this big will anyways have some dings by the time it reaches to anyone no matter where they buy from. I pointed it out only cause bbts description says substandard box.

What is the benefit for going with SS?

Will SS orders be delivered first before BBTS?

:blissy:blissy:blissy:dance:dance:danceUnfortunately, I've had problems with BBTS packaging. Every package I've received has been scuffed up to the point that it looks refurbished. So if packaging is a concern, better go with SSC. Now with that being said, the item received by BBTS was new and their customer Service was excellent! I'm running out of space in my media room so this will be the last large collectible I'm getting, it is already competing with my 6 foot Titanic model ship I have. Thus, anymore and my media room will appear to cluttered, don't want that.

:blissy:blissy:blissy:dance:dance:danceUnfortunately, I've had problems with BBTS packaging. Every package I've received has been scuffed up to the point that it looks refurbished. So if packaging is a concern, better go with SSC. Now with that being said, the item received by BBTS was new and their customer Service was excellent! I'm running out of space in my media room so this will be the last large collectible I'm getting, it is already competing with my 6 foot Titanic model ship I have. Thus, anymore and my media room will appear to cluttered, don't want that.

Have a pic of said media room to share?

Back