Premium Format Batgirl Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My exclusive just arrived #108. This was the most horrible unboxing I've ever done. The box looked like it was opened up and taped back down again TWICE and the foam was not put back correctly as there was a huge gap in between the foam, heck, even the Sideshow quality sticker was sloppily slapped on the box with additional tape to make stick back on. The whole foam was riddled with black silica balls from a burst bag inside the foam. I took the body out and I was going to immediately return it. It had all kinds of white crap (looked like dry cement) all over the statue. Looks like someone with a dirty hand handled it before putting it in the box, it looked so bad I thought the paint was ruined. I decided to try and clean it up with warm water and a cloth to see if the smudges came off and luckily after an hour of careful cleaning I was able to get the crap off.

Luckily the statue was not damaged, but it took me an hour to clean it up. Sideshow's QC is C.R.A.P. I'm paying for a $400 statue, not a $20 amateurish knock off. I should have taken a photo just to illustrate how bad it was.......
That is pretty much exactly how my Keaton Batman arrived. I also had issues with the shoulders on him and scuffs all over his body but was over the 30 days when I checked it. Sorry to hear you had to deal with that as well. In my case, it had nothing to do with customs since it had been delivered to the USA. :(

I'm really uncomfortable with how the cape and the portrait align. The head feels super wobbly and like it's fall off with the slightest nudge. This is my first caped piece though, so maybe I'm doing something wrong?

I wasn't sure about how to put the cape on until I saw the video above. Tucking the cape into the groove that's there makes a big difference in the wobbly head issue.

I'm really uncomfortable with how the cape and the portrait align. The head feels super wobbly and like it's fall off with the slightest nudge. This is my first caped piece though, so maybe I'm doing something wrong?

Yeah I'm still working on mine. It takes some practice for sure. Wiping the bottom of the magnet may help too.

You gonna try a female face? Those are 10x harder than male faces:lol Looking forward to seeing to your WIPs!

LOL... yeah I know... I may use one of the base mesh tools in ZBrush for a female headsculpt and go from there as the main guy who contacted me is really interested to see something done up. I know it is a cheat, but I will have to go back and start from base principals and do it all over again a little later... lol

I would be interested would love to see it done.

Been working on something for about an hour or two now.

You'd get more business for Supergirl.

Now THAT could be arrange as well.

Edit: Actually what I got right now really looks like a classic SuperGirl... lol

Last edited:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437506095.724640.jpg

I can't wait to get home and check her out!!! Here's hoping for a flawless piece. 72/1500

I just received mine as well. Had that same dusty white stuff on it and the paint on some areas feels rough like the missed it when doing the last coat or it was too thin of a coat. The paint application on both faces are spot on, no googly eyes. I tried wiping it down with a cloth and warm water and it got some of it off but I think the rest is in the paint.

Overall the entire statue looks fantastic despite the paint app issues. I'm undecided on whether or not I should say something to sideshow.

Back